• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They really should also reuse Honoguma, Kurusu, Bohboh (Beta!Noctowl), Haneei (Beta!Mantine), Shiberefugu, Manbo1, Rinrin, Turban, Gong, Tsubomitto, Bombshika, Kotora, Madame, Norowara, Happy, Plucks, Wolfman and Beta!Sneasel (all here). That's 27 great Pokémon designs going to waste (I'm including the families in that count)
Add a new form for Remoraid that uses its beta design. We need the GUN.

Last edited by a moderator:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Surely they wouldn't pass that up...

Also nice icon.
I agree totally, would be a wasted opportunity imo; I only mention it since Charizard in Smash 4 didn't have its black shiny color, which I still find incredibly strange (my preferred shiny color between it and its Purple variant in the Gen 2 games). Am I also correct in assuming we haven't seen the color in Ultimate as of yet? I don't recall seeing it in what little I've seen of the trainer colors. :(

Thank you! Frog's one of my favorite characters from Chrono Trigger, so I had to show him some love in the icon. He'd never be playable in Smash, but if Crono ever made it in, I'd hope he would make an appearance in some form. :)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Name your top 5 most wanted Pokemon in Smash as playable fighters
  1. Arcanine
  2. Gardevoir
  3. Buzzwole
  4. Decidueye
  5. Meowth
But srsly, Dear Game Freak: Give my boy :059: some love. I'm still pissed that the 'water Alolan Growlithe/Arcanine' leak was fake while Vulpix and Ninetails got their Alolan forms and it may have contributed to my disillusion with Alola in general.

Arcanine for Pokéball!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They really should also reuse Honoguma, Kurusu, Bohboh (Beta!Noctowl), Haneei (Beta!Mantine), Shiberefugu, Manbo1, Rinrin, Turban, Gong, Tsubomitto, Bombshika, Kotora, Madame, Norowara, Happy, Plucks, Wolfman and Beta!Sneasel (all here). That's 27 great Pokémon designs going to waste (I'm including the families in that count)
I still wish Rinrin and Mikon Became a reality...

They are way too precious

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I saw you mentioning you're surprised there isn't a Heron Pokémon.

They're also missing Grouses, Peacocks, Puffins and Dolphins.
And as person from Jersey (the Island not the American State) I feel obliged to plug our "National Animals": Crapauds (a type of toad) and the Jersey Cow.

They really should also reuse Honoguma, Kurusu, Bohboh, Haneei, Shiberefugu, Manbo1, Rinrin, Turban, Gong, Tsubomitto, Bombshika, Kotora, Madame, Norowara, Happy, Plucks, Wolfman and Beta!Sneasel (all here). That's 27 great Pokémon designs going to waste (I'm including the families in that count)
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I saw you mentioning you're surprised there isn't a Heron Pokémon.

They're also missing Grouses, Peacocks, Puffins and Dolphins.
And as person from Jersey (the Island not the American State) I feel obliged to plug our "National Animals": Crapauds (a type of toad) and the Jersey Cow.

There’s still tons of great ideas out there. I’ve been working on creating different new Pokémon and regions in order to make an actual Poke World which includes canon regions too. So far, I have finished my Hong Kong and Greek regions and starting on the California and Canada region soonish.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Name your top 5 most wanted Pokemon in Smash as playable fighters
For me, the list goes as follows:
1.- Tsareena
2.- Genesect
3.- Groudon
4.- Deoxys
5.- Decidueye
1. Sunkern
2. Wailord
3. Electrode
4. Bidoof
5. Dunsparce

Runner Ups: Shuckle and Metapod

Actual choices (in no particular order):
1. Gardevoir
2. Tsareena
3. Lycanroc (Day or Dusk)
4. Silvally
5. Incineroar

Runner Ups: Buzzswole, Banette, Emboar and like a dozen others because there are too many Pokemon to choose from.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I liked pretty much all of those Beta Gold & Silver Pokemon.

Notably Animon (Ditto evolution), Anchorage (shark with chain + anchor as a body/tail), that doll with a pin in it that evolved into a vampire-panda thing (I believe Kurstraw and Pangshi, respectively), the twin ghosts (Twinz?) that evolved into Girafarig and its original design, Wolfman + Warwolf, Bomseel, and all the baby 'mons.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Add a new form for Remoraid that uses its beta design. We need the GUN.
I also forgot Jaranra, Twinz and Animon.

And the babies. Baby Meowth (Kōnya, generally nicknamed Meowsy) could be a great way to get Alolan Meowth in the future.

You could have it evolve at level 14 into Meowth, unless you have a Dark-type in your party, in which case it instead evolves into Alolan Meowth (you know, like Pancham into Pangoro).

All the unused babies should get a second chance.

Especially with the massive Gen I push they've been doing recently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Went through my GameStop stuff and was able to cop up Okami HD on the Switch. How would you guys feel about Amaterasu, it's music and overall the franchise being added as the next Capcom series?

Ammy has always been one of my mains in UMVC3, curious to see your guy's thoughts.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Went through my GameStop stuff and was able to cop up Okami HD on the Switch. How would you guys feel about Amaterasu, it's music and overall the franchise being added as the next Capcom series?

Ammy has always been one of my mains in UMVC3, curious to see your guy's thoughts.
Playing through Okami on the Switch right now and I'd be down for Ammy being in.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So has the Ken pic been debunked yet? I assume the Steve one has (tbh I assumed it was fake from the beginning)

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824

Amaterasu is pretty much the Shantae of the AAA industry
Would like to see her in, but it's almost never gonna happen

Iridium

Smash Hero

Can't say I remember cargo b-throw killing that early, even from the upper platform.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

I always loved Okami's music even before I finished the game for the first time a month ago or so; for that reason alone, Okami would be an excellent addition to Smash. Ammy herself would be quite unique with the ink mechanic, weapon-style shifting, and being a quadruped, and the Japanese influence she'd bring into Smash would be most welcome to me (considering Takamaru won't be playable).

Ammy was also one of my mains in UMvC3, along with Morrigan and Phoenix Wright, so if I could get both Ammy and Wright in, that would be amazing. Morrigan would be cool too, since she's been one of my go-tos in each of the games she's appeared in, but she's probably the least likely of the three to appear. Either way though, I'd gladly take Okami representation in Smash, as that game is incredible.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

She would be great, Though If I could get another Capcom rep, I would choose Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, 5 days until we can start asking when the next Nintendo direct is.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Okami would be cool, but deep down I’d always be thinking how cool a Midna-Wolf Link fighter would’ve been

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

Painting ATs are definitely a thing now. I wonder how many you can paint now.
It's going to be strange inking Lyn, Alucard, and Rathalos (assuming he can be defeated, which I think he will be). :laugh:

But yeah, that's going to be interesting to see. I guess however many can be attacked will also be inkable, and I would think they would be easier to knock out if you can completely cover them. Sounds like a pretty viable strategy for an Inkling looking to rack up points faster in a Timed Battle! ;)

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully because of how well botw sold it gets mipha in as a dlc character.

So Zelda scan have 4 unique characters

And it's 1st unique character since 2001

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I disagree. It was genius to combine the regional bird and regional rodent into one line.

Because Pidove is a Pigeon.
It still sucks, it has the worst design, stats, ability and movepool of all the regional birds

Iridium

Smash Hero

This is the second Link I've seen pull off a successful spike offstage. Definitely going to be satisfying to get.

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192

This is the second Link I've seen pull off a successful spike offstage. Definitely going to be satisfying to get.
Oh man, that is beautiful. This is kind of play is convincing me to give :ultlink: a go in Ultimate, as he was one of my Melee mains (I think even my 2nd most used right behind :ultpeach:). I love pulling off a successful Meteor Smash, with :ultmegaman: and :ultmewtwo: being my most successful ones in Smash 4. Those remote bombs look really fun too; seems like there could be some great setup combos with those if utilized well. :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I got bit by one of these guys before at my in-laws house.

My arm swelled up like a balloon and I had to get medicine. Apparently though, the babies are what you have to watch out for since they just release all of the venom they have instead of holding off like the adults. I get lesser versions than that of this guy that are a bitter smaller where I live. And bluer.

I find them every now and then under my flower pots and such.

I also get huntsmen spiders but they aren’t as common as we live in a colder climate.

I also we get Beedrills. I was chased by one yesterday morning while taking our my garbage.

That things kill people. Especially those allergic to it’s venom, children, and the elderly.

Though I’m not longer surprised what I find around where I live since I found hakubinshin family living in the ceiling. That was a surprise. And crabs that crawled out from the nearby river and were crawling up my walls.
Guess I’m never going to Japan now.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It still sucks, it has the worst design, stats, ability and movepool of all the regional birds
Speaking of terrible movepools, the general awfulness of Grass mono-types' type coverage still bugs me, especially Meganium and Lilligant.

Meganium can only learn Grass and Normal attack moves natively, which is extended to Steel, Ground and Dragon moves through TMs and Move Tutor. Considering it's meant to be a Sauropod, the fact that it can only learn Ancient Power via breeding is weird (it could learn it via Move Tutor in Gen IV). You should at least be able to teach it Psychic or something.

Lilligant is pretty much even worse, the only offensive moves it can learn that aren't Grass-type are Dream Eater, Bide, Return/Frustration, Facade, Hyper Beam and Hidden Power. It'd be nice if it at least got, like, Dazzling Gleam or something, but it doesn't.
Don't even get me started on Wolfman.
Wolfman is awesome.

Sometimes I feel like Game Freak leaked the Spaceworld demo themselves to check fan reception to the old designs. :laugh:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Male Unfezant's design is great though. Gray, green, and pink is an amazing color combo.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Link is pretty much hitting a higher tier right now

The fact that we've yet to get a cat of any kind in Smash is disturbing

GET THAT BEAUTIFUL DARK CAT IN SMASH ALREADY

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Speaking of terrible movepools, the general awfulness of Grass mono-types' type coverage still bugs me, especially Meganium and Lilligant.

Meganium can only learn Grass and Normal attack moves natively, which is extended to Steel, Ground and Dragon moves through TMs and Move Tutor. Considering it's meant to be a Sauropod, the fact that it can only learn Ancient Power via breeding is weird (it could learn it via Move Tutor in Gen IV). You should at least be able to teach it Psychic or something.

Lilligant is pretty much even worse, the only offensive moves it can learn that aren't Grass-type are Dream Eater, Bide, Return/Frustration, Facade, Hyper Beam and Hidden Power. It'd be nice if it at least got, like, Dazzling Gleam or something, but it doesn't.

Wolfman is awesome.

Sometimes I feel like Game Freak leaked the Spaceworld demo themselves to check fan reception to the old designs. :laugh:
It's a shame about Lilligant in particular, as I rather like it (definitely one of my favorite Gen V Pokémon design-wise). I think it needed the Fairy-typing that Whimsicott was granted, particularly because it was more limited than Whimsicott was in terms of what it could do even in Black & White if I recall correctly. If new megas ever were introduced, Lilligant would be among the ones I'd hope would get one.

I think Lilligant would make for an interesting support-type Poké Ball Pokémon if it made its way into Smash, whether by using Teeter Dance to mess with opponents' controls like the Ramblin' Evil Mushroom, or Quiver Dance to boost your speed and attack while it remains on the field.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I got bit by one of these guys before at my in-laws house.

My arm swelled up like a balloon and I had to get medicine. Apparently though, the babies are what you have to watch out for since they just release all of the venom they have instead of holding off like the adults. I get lesser versions than that of this guy that are a bitter smaller where I live. And bluer.

I find them every now and then under my flower pots and such.

I also get huntsmen spiders but they aren’t as common as we live in a colder climate.

I also we get Beedrills. I was chased by one yesterday morning while taking our my garbage.

That things kill people. Especially those allergic to it’s venom, children, and the elderly.

Though I’m not longer surprised what I find around where I live since I found hakubinshin family living in the ceiling. That was a surprise. And crabs that crawled out from the nearby river and were crawling up my walls.
Welp, suddenly the "ekans" living under my porch is seeming a lot less scary now. Actually I haven't seen it in a while, so I maybe that repellent finally worked.

Have a few skorupis, tiny galvantulas and coyotes (does Lycanroc count?) around here as well, but none of them are particularly scary. Coyotes especially tend to be very shy and never get to close.
Japan has natural weeb repellent.
Silly Noipoi, true weebs will never believe you if you tell them those things live in the fantastical utopia of Nipon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom