• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
On one condition. If Vergeben ends up being washed up and wrong...

All of you who've been:
1. Constantly rattling about Incineroar and Ken being locks and shutting down further speculation about other characters.
2. Telling people that they're "setting themselves up for disappointment" for not believing him.

Have to apologize to the skeptics who kept their minds open about his authenticity. Fair's fair.
Fine. we have a deal!

Last edited:

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Interesting POV.

I just feel it'd be kinda wonky for 5 stages to have no newcomer rep whatsoever. Incineroar may get an Alola stage, sure, but...that leaves 4. Even with the small potential of Ken with a stage? That leaves 3 very hidden areas.

Lots of explanations. We'll have to see.
Ken getting a stage would be weird since his SF2 stage is actually fairly boring with just a boat by a pier. It doesn't really match his personality at all IMO as the other characters' stages in that game, although his theme is pretty epic. I'd love another SF stage maybe riding the plane that happens in Arcade mode that goes to each stage? That way it fully incorporates all of those areas or at least most of that particular game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm already not about to live the life of "X character is going to be the next one shown". I'm DEFINITELY not going to live the life of boss vs character speculation. I feel like if they wanted a Zelda boss there are better things they COULD run with than Skull Kid, but I guess that's neither here nor there. I'm going to remain optimistic toward missing assist trophies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wouldn’t Majora’s Mask/Wrath/etc as a boss effectively deconfirm Skull Kid though? Since the most recognizable incarnation of SK is the one wearing the mask
Well, if it's an adventure mode between Melee and SSE, you could have Skull Kid go back and fight Majora after unlocking him, as it wouldn't affect the story.

A multi-phase fight with both Skull Kid and Majora's forms would make the most sense though, skull kid can still be a boss even if you didn't fight the kid himself in MM.
If they animate Skull Kid like they would a normal fighter, it'd be weird for him to just be a boss, and otherwise he's about the same size as Young Link. I'm not saying it can't be done, but we have no precedent for a small, annoying-to-hit boss.

I mean, at least he'd be better than just a trophy, but I'd rather he be possible for DLC :S

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Skull Kid was always popular in that people liked him and would be fine with him in, but once the Loz leak made it look like he was "possible" people really started going all out on him.

Would you say that's a yes?
yeah that pretty much falls in line with that, yes.

yea if isaac AND felix are in than it has to be marketing towards a new Golden Sun
You hear that fellas?
We're getting a new Ice Climber! :icsmelee:

Last edited:

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
If there is minecraft stage, I wonder if ot functions in the same way as the Mariomaker stage. Also another thought I have was, what if stagebuilder comes back and the minecraft content is in the stagebuilder as assets.

Chrono.

I'd love another SF stage maybe riding the plane that happens in Arcade mode that goes to each stage? That way it fully incorporates all of those areas or at least most of that particular game.
Not exactly what you're asking for, but SFV does have a stage where you fight on a plane lol.

maxresdefault (35).jpg

It's a neat idea.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Nahh, he's obviously just gonna be right in retrospect, and wasn't a real leaker all along.

Hate to sound rude or anything but I honestly know that's what the reactions will be like because some people just...refuse to believe leaking is possible, I guess.
Even if he gets one thing wrong, people will go "SEE, HE'S FAKE HE'S FAKE!!" lol. People don't seem to understand that a leaker isn't looking at the final game. I believe he has real info based on the stuff he's gotten correct so far, and the only way I'd believe he made it all up and got lucky is either if everything else he says is wrong, (and even then he's specifically stated he has people trying to give bad info) or if he came out and said "I was trolling."

On the other side though, some people will refuse to admit he was legit even if after release, everything he says is true.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I remember reading a theory here that Skull Kid is still an Assist Trophy, it's just that he summons the moon as his new ability.
This is because of that confetti that was seen during the Moon assist reveal right?

If so why have two assist trophies that do literally the exact same thing? Unless you believe the Moon AT IS the Skull Kid AT, and if so then why bother introducing it AS the Moon AT? No point in hiding Skull Kid if he's really a part of this AT. And with how Sakurai makes clear certain characters are deconfirmed, I think if Skull Kid was a part of this AT he'd show him very clearly so people don't get ideas.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
If I had to guesstimate a direct we won't be seeing one for like two more weeks. Then we MIGHT be able to expect a smash direct or something, potentially. But that's just going by the formula I use to frame my expectations.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Whoa whoa whoa

Did a direct get announced?

Where’s your source

My source is vergeben's mother who apparently has tea parties with vaanrose's mother and they talk trash about mother****ing leaker's mother and her failures as a mother.

It's a big ole affair.

No, not really. It's earlier in the thread. Some potentially and most likely fake leak listed next Wednesday as a Smash Direct.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
Not exactly what you're asking for, but SFV does have a stage where you fight on a plane lol.

View attachment 164987
I actually quite like that stage! Although I believe its banned in SFV tourney play since it gives people motion sickness believe it or not. Hopefully if they did incorporate the SF2 Arcade plane it would not do that...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wonder if people believe if Skull Kid only became as popular or "expected" now because of the chairs or Loz.
so much i made a stupid poll for it
I think it's a Chorus Kids effect. Non-Talked About until a credible leaker mentions him, and people quickly realize he'd be neat. Even if he doesn't make it in this time, I expect the fanbase to stay.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If so why have two assist trophies that do literally the exact same thing?
There's no way they could make two assists do the same thing! It's impossibl-

well **** my life and call me loz18

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's possible that it was named Moon instead as it is the main focus of the attack. It is doing most of the work after all.
The moon isn't a character. And Skull Kid is. It'd legit make no sense to have a character present in an assist trophy and not give them some credit for their appearance.

If this was the case? A more apt title for that assist would be ''Skull Kid & Moon."

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If I had to guesstimate a direct we won't be seeing one for like two more weeks. Then we MIGHT be able to expect a smash direct or something, potentially. But that's just going by the formula I use to frame my expectations.
My guess. No smash direct till last week of October/First week of November.
Until then, more hosting of the game, new articles and maybe a mini announcement.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
According to my calculations and mathematics, the next direct that involves Smash Bros. Ultimate will happen...
when it happens. :troll:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He's too purple to be a newcomer. That's the real reason why Waluigi isn't playable. I mean even Ridley is less purple than usual.
Yes, Blaze is lightly-purple enough to possibly be included in the future. Plus she has Nintendo credentials since Sonic Rush. :p

Besides, Isabelle does use a fishing pole, so that kind of compensates.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There was a problem fetching the tweet

From Mimique. I mean, these are the characters we talked about constantly pre-box theory bull****, but tbh I'm still on that boat, especially if CoroCoro is right.
Skull Kid, Geno, AND Banjo?
Sign me up

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
If they animate Skull Kid like they would a normal fighter, it'd be weird, and otherwise he's about the same size as Young Link. I'm not saying it can't be done, but we have no precedent for a small, annoying-to-hit boss.

I mean, at least he'd be better than just a trophy, but I'd rather he be possible for DLC :S
Well, we had small bosses in the past, so I don't think it's totally out of the question.
Such as Metal Mario and some of the "shadow" (or whatever they're called) incarnations of characters in SSE.
While outside of the former, they weren't specifically designed bosses, but they still count.
So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if he just ends up as a stage boss, especially if he gets thrown off the mask eventually and you fight Majora's Wrath.

With that said though, I would love to see him as a character for the base roster or DLC.
I just personally wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an actual boss.

D

Deleted member

You have to be intimate with Aurane Aurane if you want Bara Cat in Smash.

Sakurai told me himself.

Alright Aurane Aurane
...bend over.

EDIT:
Welp, I just got a full blown infraction for this gag.
So yeah, a big middle finger to those involved here, including the admin that infracted me (you know who you are).

Last edited by a moderator:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I actually quite like that stage! Although I believe its banned in SFV tourney play since it gives people motion sickness believe it or not. Hopefully if they did incorporate the SF2 Arcade plane it would not do that...
I mean, they already have a foundation with Pilotwings.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wouldn’t call Mimique a leaker personally, I think they’re just making educated guesses, and some may turn out to be wrong. Also, it seems English isn’t their first language, which makes me further doubt they have actual insider info

Potato_

Smash Lord
Mimique is not a leaker. She's a really, really good guesser.
Didn't know Mimique was a girl, whoops.

She might not be a leaker, but some of these guesses have no basis at all other than she believes them. Rathalos AT of all things?

Her reasoning for everyone is here was logical though, I'll give you that. As was the Dracula's Castle stage, that easily follows from believing Simon was legit.

You're in her discord right? I'd appreciate if you let me know of any other predictions she makes, I like to keep tabs on that stuff.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet

From Mimique. I mean, these are the characters we talked about constantly pre-box theory bull****, but tbh I'm still on that boat, especially if CoroCoro is right.
Everyone but the person in the bottom left corner and almost Inceneroar I know and can accept in Smash
View attachment 164990

Why would you post this?
To disappoint someone’s wholesomeness

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
She has a psychic connection with members of the Dev team. Sometimes there’s some interference, however.
Haha she does. Most of over in her discord have a different philosophy about characters though. We think the final direct will be as shocking as the last 2.

In that not only Sakurai will reveal everything, but 6-8 characters (the like ones Mimique posted) will all be shown at one time for the sake of calling the game "Ultimate" and shocking people for a 3rd time.

That's just our take on it, we could all be sorely wrong, but I'm sure everyone would want that to be right.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, not really. It's earlier in the thread. Some potentially and most likely fake leak listed next Wednesday as a Smash Direct.
Likely fake? Yes

Incredibly hype-worthy? Absolutely. We'll be able to crown a winner by the next Smash direct, and if it's sooner rather than later, I am down

But likely fake anyway unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom