• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
There's no way they could make two assists do the same thing! It's impossibl-

well **** my life and call me loz18
Okay fair enough, but those two have SOME differences, even if they're slight. Knuckles uses a homing attack that Joe flat out doesn't have.

Skull Kid and the Moon? If Skull Kid summons the moon and that's that they'd do the same thing full stop. They'd have to have some sort of difference.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's possible that it was named Moon instead as it is the main focus of the attack. It is doing most of the work after all.
Those particles don't seem to look much different than the AT-summon particles; Samus is next to where they are, implying she just summoned it. The Moon would stay in the background for a moment, then proceed to fall towards the stage. Even if those particles are actually different, it could be that a third AT disappeared.

Well, we had small bosses in the past, so I don't think it's totally out of the question.
Such as Metal Mario and some of the "shadow" (or whatever they're called) incarnations of characters in SSE.
While outside of the former, they weren't specifically designed bosses, but they still count.
So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility if he just ends up as a stage boss, especially if he gets thrown off the mask eventually and you fight Majora's Wrath.

With that said though, I would love to see him as a character for the base roster or DLC.
I just personally wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be an actual boss.
This is possible, but they are all versions of existing fighters. If Skull Kid was this sort-of boss, they may as well make him playable in addition.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I wonder if people believe if Skull Kid only became as popular or "expected" now because of the chairs or Loz.
so much i made a stupid poll for it
If Loz never showed the June PM claiming Skull Kid alongside K. Rool, I think Skull Kid would still be getting a lot of attention by this point, between his continued absence, the new Moon AT, and his only real contender for a Zelda newcomer at this point being Impa (who always seemed to have been quite a bit less popular and mostly got traction for Smash from being the last primary Zelda candidate left standing by the end of Smash 4 speculation). However Loz definitely kickstarted it, and I think there would be quite a bit less people genuinely predicting him as one of the most likely characters, rather than being just being hopeful and supporting him.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
2/3 of you guys so far believe that Skull Kid was only in it for the Loz and Chair gains.
interesting :139:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Didn't know Mimique was a girl, whoops.

She might not be a leaker, but some of these guesses have no basis at all other than she believes them. Rathalos AT of all things?

Her reasoning for everyone is here was logical though, I'll give you that. As was the Dracula's Castle stage, that easily follows from believing Simon was legit.

You're in her discord right? I'd appreciate if you let me know of any other predictions she makes, I like to keep tabs on that stuff.

Here is her predictions:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MimiqueVEVO/status/1031378252810481665

It's 4 posts. Just beware that while she's had an extremely good track record so far, it will probably far from perfect by the end.

I'd personally love it to be right though! We'll see

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I wonder...

When do you think we would get another Smash direct? October or November? October would be two months in between, like how they did from June to August for a hearty amount of info. But IF (just felt I need to stress this) the box leak is true, it would make sense for a November direct as they don't have many newcomers. The main focus could be Spirits.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder...

When do you think we would get another Smash direct? October or November? October would be two months in between, like how they did from June to August for a hearty amount of info. But IF (just felt I need to stress this) the box leak is true, it would make sense for a November direct as they don't have many newcomers. The main focus could be Spirits.
November with an October super surprise character trailer only direct ala :ultrobin:ultlucina:.
screencap this or don't

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Speaking of potential bosses, I hope all the Brawl ones return in some form. If spirits is some kind of boss rush mode,

Then all the Bosses from Brawl
The stage bosses from Smash4
and even AT's to an extent,

all need a dedicated fight to them in some fashion.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Speaking of potential bosses, I hope all the Brawl ones return in some form. If spirits is some kind of boss rush mode,

Then all the Bosses from Brawl
The stage bosses from Smash4
and even AT's to an extent,

all need a dedicated fight to them in some fashion.
We do need the return of Thanos SSE Robot.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wonder...

November. I think October will have a brodacst like Robin in 4.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Even if those or some of those end up not happening, you gotta remember that Smash4 had like.. 17 newcomers I believe? and it was developed in 2 different consoles.
Sakurai, Bamco and all of the studios involved making a game for a single console for like 3-4 years could perfectly make for all these newcomers; they would still be less than Smash4 and echoes and returning characters shouldn't have taken too much time. At least that's my perspective.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
2/3 of you guys so far believe that Skull Kid was only in it for the Loz and Chair gains.
interesting :139:
proud to be in the 33%

I wonder...

Late October / First week of November.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>Granblue is a mobile JRPG
>possibly gachapon but haven't delved too much into it

1536879493465.png

Give me one reason why they, out of all of the possible ones to grab, didn't go with Fate assuming this is real in the slightest?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

View attachment 164992

Give me one reason why they, out of all of the possible ones to grab, didn't go with Fate assuming this is real in the slightest?
So they would've totally gone with Fate.
But Granblue is actually a Big Thing, over in Japan, and kinda in America.
They've crossed over with Persona 5, for example.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

View attachment 164992

I was willing to give this person the time of day but now they just apparently had to go and throw this random individual into the ring who is a literal ''Who?" of gaming.

You got your dog.
I'm getting my cat.
That's what she said.~~~

I'm actually ****ing five years old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom