• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Pretty sure no one believes it, we're moreso discussing that we wouldn't mind it.

Plus it saves us from more box related back and forth
Pretty much. Isabelle is just Isabelle, and that's all the new info we got so we're basically back to ****posting about leaks.

All I have to say on this matter is that Master Orders better not come back because that mode - alongside pretty much most of Smash Wii U - was utter gutter trash. :^)

Is liking Master/Crazy Orders actually an unpopular opinion? I liked it, I also thought the general opinion was "meh".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's not just who Verg predicted, it's how many of his predictions have come true.

If he said, "we're getting Ridley, Snake, Simon, Isabelle, Geno, Crash, Bubsy, Reggie, Goku, Shrek, Cory (with the White House as a stage), Naruto, TMNT, a Walking Dead rep and Mewthree", I'd be more inclined to believe he just had some lucky guesses. But more then half his predictions have already come true, which is extremely impressive even if you're "playing it safe".

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
No, he said SE representation would be through a character. So, yep, you're going against Verge.

You're assuming the back of the box would be big names only when nothing really tells you that? Seeing as it's a special edition box, with wide and large sides, the sides would be just as highlighted as the back. They'd basically be equal. So why can't we have some other names there.

I don't have exact proof that there's more than 2 left beyond mostly Vergeben, but you don't have exact proof that there's 2 left beyond, again, mostly Vergeben.

It seems you're acting like the box theory is 100% true and cannot be disproved at all when it's been 3 days since it came to light. Let's take it down a notch is what I'm trying to convey. You can counter a majority of your points, not all of them sure, but a majority. It's really not a fact, though I'm certain you know that.
He said a character. He did not say if it was Mewtwo in Smash4 and DLC or base roster.

I am assuming back of the box will have big names, like most back of boxes due. The back is not equal. And the two-four extra back there either have the same size as others, making them stand out or large/smaller sizes, making them stand out.

No one has given proof to disprove it out of "I want more characters, so there must be more characters"

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised no one had done this already so I recreated the state of this thread myself

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He said a character. He did not say if it was Mewtwo in Smash4 and DLC or base roster.

I am assuming back of the box will have big names, like most back of boxes due. The back is not equal. And the two-four extra back there either have the same size as others, making them stand out or large/smaller sizes, making them stand out.

No one has given proof to disprove it out of "I want more characters, so there must be more characters"
I mean, you're rejecting all the counterpoints I'm giving you with complete assumptions.

Also, I've yet to see a decent explanation for 108 stages if we're not getting any newcomers beyond Incineroar and Ken?
Why would they hold these specific 5 stages in such high regard and keep them an absolute secret?

I'm just saying you need to acknowledge that these counterpoints exist and it's not just us whining "well we want more".

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Hot Take: the whole main cast (sonic, tails, knuckles, eggman, amy, and shadow) should all be in smash

oh and Blaze too

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
This has been my problem with how people treat Vergeben. He's been mistaken and flat-out wrong several times. Even if he has been correct about several important things, there is still a margin of error present. He's worth watching, but I wish we would stop acting like Incineroar and Ken are locks just because Vergeben has said so. We can discuss them being locks when they're ACTUALLY locked for the game.

I also agree that you can't believe Verg and Box theory at the same time. We can't have two newcomers left and three newcomers left simultaneously. I would be astounded if info about DLC characters has somehow circulated ANYWHERE at this point, as there's a large chance most of them aren't even in development until the base game is done, so saying the SE rep is DLC is not a solution. You either believe Verg is infallible, or the box is. You can't have both.
He has different sources for different games, so when judging his Smash information what matters is what his accuracy with Smash has been, not unrelated games with unrelated sources. Additionally the bulk of Vergeben's misses in the past have been the result of notoriously poor vetting with faulty sources and jumping the gun too quick to get those hot leaks out there, which credit to him he has became self-aware of that and seems to have gotten much better about it throughout the past months, demonstrating such several times with Smash itself (such as retracting his early false "leak" about Ultimate's third party characters well before E3 happened, seeking corroboration on information from new sources before saying it publicly like the "no DK newcomers" thing and the identity of the gen 7 pokemon/SE character, and identifying when people are trying to give him false information to discredit him). The chance exists that something went wrong along the way for Incineroar and Ken, but when he has three proven separate sources that have yet to be inaccurate and are actively updating him in real time on them this close to release, the chance is looking really small that they're not in.

As for DLC, as someone who thinks the box theory is silly and that to be a hardcore believer of it and Vergeben at the same time is currently incompatible at this time, DLC is certainly knowable at this point and the possibility exists the SE character is DLC. Despite all the talk of "no DLC consideration until the game is released", it is pretty much just bull**** PR speak, developers and their PR people will rarely admit to doing DLC before the game releases, with all the stigma surrounding pre-planned DLC and fear of backlash from ignorant fans thinking they were "holding back content to sell". With Smash 4 we already have precedence where Sakurai and PR claimed DLC wouldn't be considered until the game released, yet the timeline doesn't match up; besides Mewtwo being revealed with a complete model before the Wii U version's release, it's extremely doubtful Lucas/Roy/Ryu weren't already in development by the 3DS version's release (from Sakurai words a unique newcomer takes over a year to create, while Ryu was released within 9 months of the 3DS version's Japanese release). As such, some DLC has definitely already been planned, and it's not unfeasible for development of it to have already started.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean, you're rejecting all the counterpoints I'm giving you with complete assumptions.

Also, I've yet to see a decent explanation for 108 stages if we're not getting any newcomers beyond Incineroar and Ken?
Why would they hold these specific 5 stages in such high regard and keep them an absolute secret?

I'm just saying you need to acknowledge that these counterpoints exist and it's not just us whining "well we want more".
Sorry, but no counter points have appeared that dent the concept. And I cannot remember them unfortunately. That part is on me.

As for stages. I wonder. A stage for Ken, a stage for Sun/Moon. Other 3 I am not to sure about. I am still debating if the number is correct since it is the only source. Please give us back Sector Z. Small great fox is bad great fox.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Sorry, but no counter points have appeared that dent the concept. And I cannot remember them unfortunately. That part is on me.

As for stages. I wonder. A stage for Ken, a stage for Sun/Moon. Other 3 I am not to sure about. I am still debating if the number is correct since it is the only source. Please give us back Sector Z. Small great fox is bad great fox.
They have appeared and they have dented the concept, but I guess we're just going to agree to disagree.

That still leaves 3 brand new stages. It'd be completely odd if no newcomer had these new stages.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Enough with the Vergeben hate. Let's make a Deal, If Veregeben is Right, All you doubters have to apologize to him.

Chrono.

Ahahaha... Tails is far from that Dude.
He's a better Spy than Solid snake, before meeting Sonic, at the age of what? 8? He basically destroyed a buch of Duck invating his Island with bombs and ****.

Tails is far from innocent, he's just putting up a mask in front of Sonic
I can picture that codec already.

Snake: Hey, Otacon. There's a little fox here with two tails.

Otacon: That's Miles Prower, otherwise known as Tails. He's Sonic's best friend and right hand man. But don't let his looks fool you, he's actually quite the proficient mechanic.

Snake: But in hand-to-hand combat, being a great mechanic isn't gonna get you far.

Otacon: Oh but that's where you're wrong. Before he even met Sonic, he fended off an army of imperialistic ducks from an island all on his own by using a myriad of weapons such as: a variety of bombs, RC robots and even a submarine equipped with a drill and a gatling gun.

Snake: He WHAT!?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Enough with the Vergeben hate. Let's make a Deal, If Veregeben is Right, All you doubters have to apologize to him.
Nahh, he's obviously just gonna be right in retrospect, and wasn't a real leaker all along.

Hate to sound rude or anything but I honestly know that's what the reactions will be like because some people just...refuse to believe leaking is possible, I guess.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
They have appeared and they have dented the concept, but I guess we're just going to agree to disagree.

That still leaves 3 brand new stages. It'd be completely odd if no newcomer had these new stages.
Could be stages like Rainbow road. But those would have been better with the 103 reveal.
I am curious on those also.

We will have to agree to disagree.
But If I am wrong, I will be happy.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

From Mimique. I mean, these are the characters we talked about constantly pre-box theory bull****, but tbh I'm still on that boat, especially if CoroCoro is right.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd rather have another feline

I'm sure he'd be a big addition to the roster
Too big, even. He'll look too awkward next to Sonic.

He'll never work, and Isabelle already has fishing in her moveset. He'll never be anything more then a boss.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987

From Mimique. I mean, these are the characters we talked about constantly pre-box theory bull****, but tbh I'm still on that boat, especially if CoroCoro is right.
People actually took that Soren as an echo of Robin leak seriously, huh...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Here's hoping Mimique comes through for us again.
The hope has been lost.

People actually took that Soren as an echo of Robin leak seriously, huh...
Wait, how's that relevant?

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Speak to them!

His sources could all be outdated for all we know, and he's just straight up ****ing with everyone's mind.

I still don't believe how this guy is entertained such public, alas, I won't be a sheep among the flock.

All guesses he made where incredibly likely after all. He didn't guess King K.Rool right either for example, he had no information about the Echoes outside of Richter- who is still a easy prediction if Snake came back, which he also backed. It's in a way logical to expect Richter in hindsight with Snake's return. Simon Belmont was a given almost because of Snake returning, and Richter happened to be massively popular and important as well.

Can't wait to see his whole theory being debunked and crash upon him.

I didn't believe all "leakers" of Smash 4 either, untill the ESBR leak came with actual damn proof something all these false informants LACK!!

God I hope Sakurai catches up with this and just blows this **** out of the water.
didn't know it was possible for someone to type with their head so far up their ass. like holy **** dude calling everyone else sheep because they believe a leaker with a good track record? c'mon.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's not wrong. His name is simultaneously Robotnik and Eggman.
Plus, it's just that not many people call him that anymore.

Aside those who did so for years after knowing of the OVA.

I'm surprised no one had done this already so I recreated the state of this thread myself
Waaaaay ahead of ya on that, but I had just posted the unaltered original clip. Good going, though.

I don't honestly know. I posted that and basically said, "yeah let's roll with that.".
Well looks like you're all ****ed and my past Incineroar trolling paid off. :troll:
It can always get weirder, there's Diddy and Dixie roleplaying in one of the character threads.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We maybe. I am in to many places at once.
Sorry.

Is you icon Gundam Wing?
Yep! I animate our abridged series for it, and I just find Heero's maniacal laugh hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom