• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He said "No cuts from Smash 4", not "EVERY FIGHTER EVER IS BACK", that's big information to miss, and he'd certainly have said that rather than just "snake and ice climbers" are back.
Why does this mean anything again? Not knowing everything isn't the same as knowing nothing.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Vector would be an awesome Sonic newcomer too.

Especially now that K.Rool is in the game.
He could be a K. Rool echo, but the crown is replaced by his headphone, Charmy carries him for his Up B, he shoots out a purple bubblegum instead of a cannonball and he belly bumps his opponent for his counter. :troll:

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It may shock you to know this. But "leakers" tend to be people who live off of attention. Once they gain credibility from one true thing (i.e., Soul Calibur), they'll gain a reputation as someone to be trusted, and start making up their own BS about other games - like he has Smash.
He's said multiple times that his smash sources are separate from sources he has for other games. If we were talking in terms other games, you might have a point, but as it stands, he has credible sources when it comes to Smash Bros, and to ignore all the stuff he's gotten right (which so far, is everything for Ultimate) is ridiculous.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That new leak seems pretty low effort tbh. No reason to believe it. (If any of the "non obvious" things happen, then maybe we can talk about it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
They did design the box around character count. 72 is the number of spaces. That is what we are saying. The box has 72 listed. That is it. If it was really going to be 75-78, then the box would not be designed the way it is. It would have accommodated for it. And do not say characters on the back of the box. that is where people usually go second after the cover, so those spots would have to be for the biggest names, like sonic and snake on the back of Brawl.

And I have not against Verge. He said SE will happen, but never in what form.

And give me info that does not suggest 2 left. Prove it.
No, he said SE representation would be through a character. So, yep, you're going against Verge.

You're assuming the back of the box would be big names only when nothing really tells you that? Seeing as it's a special edition box, with wide and large sides, the sides would be just as highlighted as the back. They'd basically be equal. So why can't we have some other names there.

I don't have exact proof that there's more than 2 left beyond mostly Vergeben, but you don't have exact proof that there's 2 left beyond, again, mostly Vergeben.

It seems you're acting like the box theory is 100% true and cannot be disproved at all when it's been 3 days since it came to light. Let's take it down a notch is what I'm trying to convey. You can counter a majority of your points, not all of them sure, but a majority. It's really not a fact, though I'm certain you know that.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Vector would be an awesome Sonic newcomer too.

Especially now that K.Rool is in the game.
And he’s technically the oldest Sonic character besides Sonic and Eggman. They just kept redesigning him until they eventually put him in a game in 1995.

The color of death is black. Orange is creativity.
Yeah. I just meant that Tails kills people.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hate to hurt your feelings but I guess I'll repeat it since you apparently didn't get the point.

I don't doubt that he has inside info about some games - the TMNT make that clear - but other games are very likely to be BS. Leakers thrive off of attention, so they're obviously going to throw in BS to stay relevant.

Snake and Ridley are both the stuff of pipedream rosters - but this game is a pipedream, so they happened to be true.

Ice Climbers were obvious.

Isabelle was likely.

He said "No cuts from Smash 4", not "EVERY FIGHTER EVER IS BACK", that's big information to miss, and he'd certainly have said that rather than just "snake and ice climbers" are back.

Simon is the only surprising prediction, and even he's been mooted since Brawl days.

Maybe he is legit, but people need to stop treating him like the Messiah of Smash info - he's nowhere near the level of Gematsu. He's not the be-all, end-all, and people shouldn't automatically hold every theory or new leak against his word.
Speak to them!

His sources could all be outdated for all we know, and he's just straight up ****ing with everyone's mind.

I still don't believe how this guy is entertained such public, alas, I won't be a sheep among the flock.

All guesses he made where incredibly likely after all. He didn't guess King K.Rool right either for example, he had no information about the Echoes outside of Richter- who is still a easy prediction if Snake came back, which he also backed. It's in a way logical to expect Richter in hindsight with Snake's return. Simon Belmont was a given almost because of Snake returning, and Richter happened to be massively popular and important as well.

Can't wait to see his whole theory being debunked and crash upon him.

I didn't believe all "leakers" of Smash 4 either, untill the ESBR leak came with actual damn proof something all these false informants LACK!!

God I hope Sakurai catches up with this and just blows this **** out of the water.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Speak to them!

His sources could all be outdated for all we know, and he's just straight up ****ing with everyone's mind.

I still don't believe how this guy is entertained such public, alas, I won't be a sheep among the flock.

All guesses he made where incredibly likely after all. He didn't guess King K.Rool right either for example, he had no information about the Echoes outside of Richter- who is still a easy prediction if Snake came back, which he also backed. It's in a way logical to expect Richter in hindsight with Snake's return. Simon Belmont was a given almost because of Snake returning, and Richter happened to be massively popular and important as well.

I didn't believe all "leakers" of Smash 4 either, untill the ESBR leak came with actual damn proof something all these false informants LACK!!

God I hope Sakurai catches up with this and just blows this **** out of the water.
to be fair

He leaked Simon before we knew of Snake's return

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Speak to them!

Simon Belmont? A given due to Snake returning?
When he's from the same company as Bomberman?
Yeahhh I don't think so.
"In hindsight" is the key word there.

He didn't guess K. Rool because his sources do not have all the information on the game. This is just silly.
Also, he has information on Ken as an Echo. If Ken AND Incineroar are in the game as he says, I have to ask if you're going to believe him then?

I'm not-we're not-a "sheep among the flock". We have valid reason to believe Vergeben instead of plugging our ears and saying "well in retrospect..."

D

Deleted member

All I have to say on this matter is that Master Orders better not come back because that mode - alongside pretty much most of Smash Wii U - was utter gutter trash. :^)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ahahaha... Tails is far from that Dude.
He's a better Spy than Solid snake, before meeting Sonic, at the age of what? 8? He basically destroyed a buch of Duck invating his Island with bombs and ****.

Tails is far from innocent, he's just putting up a mask in front of Sonic
He's 8 years old man. Even as a genius who saves people on the daily. He retains a child like innocence as part of his character and he should.....

Because he's 8 years old.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
User was warned for this post - off topic spam
All I have to say on this matter is that Master Orders better not come back because that mode - alongside pretty much most of Smash Wii U - was utter gutter trash. :^)
Side question: Are you saying "Hey all" or "Hey y'all"?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Speak to them!

Please say sike...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's 8 years old man. Even as a genius who saves people on the daily. He retains a child like innocence as part of his character and he should.....

Because he's 8 years old.
1537216867849.png

He's an old man. Still fighting crime at his old age. How brave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom