• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/92kaqv/vergeben_has_spoken_again/e36nnbm/?context=1

Vergeben is having a meltdown on Reddit. He is upset that other leaks get more attention.

From Reddit:

"I get bombarded by the Smash community regularly. I figured this would be a good way to get people off my back and also point them in the right direction. It's a double edge sword tho because it's only going to make fake leaks that want to be taken seriously to slot both of them in and go wild with filling in the blanks. But whatever. The Smash fanbase loves debating over what's real and what is fake. You people give clearly bull**** leaks too much attention as is. I'm at least pointing you in the right direction since you've even given lists lacking Simon the time of day. This was my way to tell people to stop doing that and considering clearly bull**** leaks."

Does this sound like a credible person? More like ramblings of a salty has-been!
Just saying, you seem much more salty than he does...

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
This strikes me as odd tbh.

I’m unsure of previous leakers ever backlashing like this. I know Gematsu sort of did this, but he was reasonable and stated the reason for his incorrect reveal “this is when Shulk was supposed to be revealed” was because Sakurai usually changes when characters get revealed, and was angry. But most just didn’t say anything.

Verge however is once again doing his “almighty attitude” by saying that he is putting people on the “right path” and staying away from “fame leaks” that don’t mention Simon.

It seems he’s aiming at loz18, because people began realizing that he was more credible than Verge by having more information correct about E3 before the initial showing and he didn’t mention Simon. Loz18 is getting a lot more popular because he recently leaked out more information of a potential Smash info reveal in August that started gaining traction.

It really becoming more apparent he just wants attention. And it’s sad, I’m really close to fuming at him on reddit right now, I swear, and I don’t want him to leak anymore.
Keep in mind! Verbagen's info isn't always 100 percent correct (Just look at one of his leaks for Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite)!

Also! Here's to hoping we get a newcomer reveal in the alleged August Direct to tide us over for that month!

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Nah, Gematsu leak didn't backlash, Sal Romano went "That's what my source told me and he hasn't contacted me since"
I said sort of, since he did reply to what people were thinking and it was in a more formal manner. Verge is acting berserk.

Noipoi

Howdy!
His leaks could be real, I very much doubt it but they could be.
But him spazing out because people aren't paying attention to him isn't gonna convince anyone to believe him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Keep in mind! Verbagen's info isn't always 100 percent correct (Just look at one of his leaks for Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite)!

Also! Here's to hoping we get a newcomer reveal in the alleged August Direct to tide us over for that month!
To be absolutely fair there, the MvCI stuff was probably legit, but the rest of the DLC got cancelled after it bombed.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
This strikes me as odd tbh.

It seems he’s aiming at loz18, because people began realizing that he was more credible than Verge by having more information correct about E3 before the initial showing and he didn’t mention Simon. Due to this, loz18 is getting a lot more popular and with him recently leaking out more information of a potential Smash info reveal in August he started getting more traction, and is removing Verge from his pedestal.
That'd be especially childish of him, given that loz18 vouched for him.
I can see where Verge's frustration comes from (if he's telling the truth), but posting it for the whole world to see veers from professionalism to being a crybaby, and it doesn't directly affect the truthfulness of his words but it makes it harder to believe due to how it's effect on his image.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Though I did mention about why I think Shadow is more likely to be an Echo than a more unique fighter. But regardless, it could go either way, and it would in the end still represent him just fine due to his actual games.
Which ones?
I honestly want a semi-clone(akin to Jigglypuff) with some similar moves, but a lot of chaos abilities and some of his weapons. The Gatling Gun is sooooooooo good. >.>
I don't know about weapons especially when he only used them in one game. And besides, Shadow IS a weapon. He has plenty of Chaos techniques to work with and can shove Chaos Spears up peoples asses.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

I hope it’s not Simon anymore.

It’s just not going to do much at this point. Someone like Elma or Issac might make more of a scene.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
the day or so after the next Smash reveal is going to be absolute chaos of people combing through months worth of 4chan posts and hyping up any that get the one new character revealed
Within 4 hours of any reveal it'll be back to "waiting on the next reveal to keep us from this drought"
I promise

Noipoi

Howdy!
Within 4 hours of any reveal it'll be back to "waiting on the next reveal to keep us from this drought"
I promise
Not me if it's Ashley at least. If she's the next reveal I could ride my Ashley hype all the way to December.
I wouldn't ask Sakurai for anything ever again!...well maybe a story mode.

D

Deleted member

I promise
*4 hours after game releases*
"Ugh, where's the DLC news? This drought is killing me."

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
His leaks could be real, I very much doubt it but they could be.
But him spazing out because people aren't paying attention to him isn't gonna convince anyone to believe him.
It also doesn't help that his latest information is barely worth talking about. A statement two characters are in... is cool, but how about something about their movesets? Give us something to cling to. It's boring, thus, few talk about it. Hopefully somebody bothers to point this out.

Which ones?
By "his games", I mean Sonic games he's playable in. Adventure 2, Runners, Riders, Riders 2, Rivals, Rivals 2, Black Knight, Secret Rings. He can play the same as Sonic in each of these. That's what I mean.

I don't know about weapons especially when he only used them in one game. And besides, Shadow IS a weapon. He has plenty of Chaos techniques to work with and can shove Chaos Spears up peoples *****.
I think they work fine as they're honestly more unique than just pure Chaos moves. It's also the first time people saw him as really unique from Sonic. The problem with Sonic Battle is that it was a lot more niche than the 3D titles and didn't get as much attention as it deserves. Though some of the moves did inspire abilities in his own game, heh.

Regardless, I like the game, so that's just my preference. Also, he can't majorly damage the Black Arms without weapons either. It's not clear why, but one theory is that they are as strong as he is so his natural attacks are ineffective. They have the same blood, though that doesn't seem like it directly affects anything. He doesn't need them in other games because he isn't fighting the Black Arms, the only ones that are super strong like he is. He's a weapon moreso due to the black blood, apparently. There's also implications he's a cyborg due to the rocket shoes, but who knows.

99_Jydge

Smash Rookie
I'd imagine people constantly at your throat over fictional characters in a video game would get pretty frustrating. (Though he did sort of put that on himself once he decided to "leak" the game, huh?) I don't fully believe this guy, personally, but I can see why he'd blow up like this. Doesn't really change the credibility of his leaks.

D

Deleted member

If you don't unlock everything within 2 hours what kind of smash player are you
You think people actually play these games? No, people buy the game and just stare at the character select screen. It's why we need X amount of reps for Y series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Vergeben's rant does sound an awful lot like "WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS LISTENING TO MY OBVIOUSLY REAL LEAK!?"

Not understanding, of course, that... you know... we aren't beholden to his word, and don't have to believe a thing he says.
Put that way, it sounds as if he were lambasting people for worshipping false gods instead of the "one true faith".

Me waiting for that August Direct announcement so we can finally move forward with Smash speculation:

Shouldn't it be Spongebob waiting in his mailbox?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The kind who's playing Melee for the first time.
Mewtwo is a story that many smash players experience as a rite of passage, so that's okay.

You think people actually play these games? No, people buy the game and just stare at the character select screen. It's why we need X amount of reps for Y series.
I just shouted "EXACTLY!!!" at my monitor

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'd imagine people constantly at your throat over fictional characters in a video game would get pretty frustrating. (Though he did sort of put that on himself once he decided to "leak" the game, huh?) I don't fully believe this guy, personally, but I can see why he'd blow up like this. Doesn't really change the credibility of his leaks.
He wants this, make no mistake. He reiterates every piece of info he gets immediately without vetting it or thinking of the consequences because he's only interested in the fame.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He wants this, make no mistake. He reiterates every piece of info he gets immediately without vetting it or thinking of the consequences because he's only interested in the fame.
Sounds kinda sociopathic, to be honest.

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
It's really funny to me that verg's meltdown actually has a decent number of upvotes. When I read it on here I was like "oh man this dudes gonna get so blasted for being mad online" but apparently not. Maybe redditors just have different standards.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sounds kinda sociopathic, to be honest.
If you think about it, why leak?
As a service to the public? lol as if

It's about attention. Leakers have nothing to gain from it other than attention lol
They aren't some kind of information superheroes or anything. Get the obsessive Smash Tubers to make videos. Get the desperate journalism websites to make articles.
Everyone will speculate about your claims- but that's as far as that goes.
Further, if they're true, it'll be pretty annoying for the dev team, who are already going to great lengths to prevent the damn things

MainJPW

M.T.A
By "his games", I mean Sonic games he's playable in. Adventure 2, Runners, Riders, Riders 2, Rivals, Rivals 2, Black Knight, Secret Rings. He can play the same as Sonic in each of these. That's what I mean.
Alright.

I think they work fine as they're honestly more unique than just pure Chaos moves. It's also the first time people saw him as really unique from Sonic. The problem with Sonic Battle is that it was a lot more niche than the 3D titles and didn't get as much attention as it deserves. Though some of the moves did inspire abilities in his own game, heh.
Using guns is more unique than manipulating time and space on a whim? I dunno. Now if he were to use that Katana from his Sonic Channel artwork...

Regardless, I like the game, so that's just my preference. Also, he can't majorly damage the Black Arms without weapons either. It's not clear why, but one theory is that they are as strong as he is so his natural attacks are ineffective. They have the same blood, though that doesn't seem like it directly affects anything. He doesn't need them in other games because he isn't fighting the Black Arms, the only ones that are super strong like he is. He's a weapon moreso due to the black blood, apparently. There's also implications he's a cyborg due to the rocket shoes, but who knows.
As strong as him? Shadow himself is bulletproof according to the cinematic. If you use the full gauges he gets infinite ammo, maybe he's using Chaos Control to strengthen the weapons?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
At this point I'm thinking that Simon Belmont could possibly be Chorus Kds 2.0.

However it is worth noting that Season 2 of Castlevania will be on Netflix in October so....

Mod Edit: Video removed due to inappropriate content. Apologies, but blood and gore are not allowed here. You are free to link the video itself with a warning about this, but only to an offsite link. :)

KMDP

Smash Legend
If you think about it, why leak?
As a service to the public? lol as if

It's about attention. Leakers have nothing to gain from it other than attention lol
They aren't some kind of information superheroes or anything. Get the obsessive Smash Tubers to make videos. Get the desperate journalism websites to make articles.
Everyone will speculate about your claims- but that's as far as that goes.
Further, if they're true, it'll be pretty annoying for the dev team, who are already going to great lengths to prevent the damn things
The thing is they're doing it for momentary fame and nothing more.
  • There's no "prize money" to be had from leaking
  • Nobody in their right mind would hire a known leaker for any creative job.
  • Leaking only serves to ruin any surprise the actual reveals would have had, stealing the company's thunder for basically no reason.

Pakky

Smash Hero
To be absolutely fair there, the MvCI stuff was probably legit, but the rest of the DLC got cancelled after it bombed.
Which can't we just stop for a second and consider that EVERYONE is the bomb but a Marvel vs Capcom game?

And is getting its spot taken by a shonen anime fighting game? (which vary highly in quality)

Like Smash is in the best position it ever has been.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's really funny to me that verg's meltdown actually has a decent number of upvotes. When I read it on here I was like "oh man this dudes gonna get so blasted for being mad online" but apparently not. Maybe redditors just have different standards.
I see you're unfamiliar with the English language. Instead of 'different', you should have used the word 'no'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom