• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If you think about it, why leak?
As a service to the public? lol as if

It's about attention. Leakers have nothing to gain from it other than attention lol
They aren't some kind of information superheroes or anything. Get the obsessive Smash Tubers to make videos. Get the desperate journalism websites to make articles.
Everyone will speculate about your claims- but that's as far as that goes.
Further, if they're true, it'll be pretty annoying for the dev team, who are already going to great lengths to prevent the damn things
I did it to defend Ninka cause he was getting crapped on for his legit info >~>

Meanwhile apparently other people who had heard the Isabelle rumor are just throwing Verg further under the bus cause no one likes him enough to defend him, lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The thing is they're doing it for momentary fame and nothing more.
  • There's no "prize money" to be had from leaking
  • Nobody in their right mind would hire a known leaker for any creative job.
  • Leaking only serves to ruin any surprise the actual reveals would have had, stealing the company's thunder for basically no reason.
Yeah, that's basically what I said. Haha. Glad we're on the same page.

D

Deleted member

At this point I'm thinking that Simon Belmont could possibly be Chorus Kds 2.0.
Simon is still a popular character though and has a lot in his favor outside of the leak. The Chorus Kids weren't mentioned at all until Gematsu Part 2: Electric Leakaloo happened. I think. I only payed attention to the Shulk support thread back then heh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Using guns is more unique than manipulating time and space on a whim? I dunno. Now if he were to use that Katana from his Sonic Channel artwork...
Not what I said. I said more unique "than just using Chaos moves". I mean it can make him more unique to use both.

As strong as him? Shadow himself is bulletproof according to the cinematic. If you use the full gauges he gets infinite ammo, maybe he's using Chaos Control to strengthen the weapons?
He can also teleport spam over and over in the cinematic. Can't in the games. Some stuff are cutscene power to the max, but don't reflect what he does in the game itself when it counts. Also, he was only bulletproof in his Dark Chaos at full power. He's glowing red during it and uses Chaos Blast. He isn't bulletproof in the game whatsoever. Even if you're at full gauge, he still can get hurt. He has to use a move to suddenly be invincible(Chaos Control or Chaos Blast) and it doesn't allow the enemies to attack. He's just known to be a bit more resilient in various games, but falls to the same things as most do. So it doesn't really mean anything.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I did it to defend Ninka cause he was getting crapped on for his legit info >~>

Meanwhile apparently other people who had heard the Isabelle rumor are just throwing Verg further under the bus cause no one likes him enough to defend him, lol.
It's what you get for being a butt, I guess. *shrug*
Yeah, that's basically what I said. Haha. Glad we're on the same page.
The best kind of quotes are when the person says the exact same damn thing in a more concise manner. :laugh:

Anyway, I should really get going. It's... four in the morning over here. >_>;
Probably shouldn't have taken that nap earlier today...

D

Deleted member

Using guns is more unique than manipulating time and space on a whim?
Not going to lie, the only reason I'd want Shadow in is if he used guns just because I love how stupid the intro to Shadow the Hedgehog is. I haven't played the game and never have any intent to, but oh my god this intro. It's just so...perfect.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Keep in mind! Verbagen's info isn't always 100 percent correct (Just look at one of his leaks for Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite)!

Also! Here's to hoping we get a newcomer reveal in the alleged August Direct to tide us over for that month!
To add onto this, several other people, such as Maximilian Dood, can verify where he got the MvCI info from. It's very likely those characters would have been future DLC had the game not bombed.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
You know, there really isn’t a reason to have secret characters.

Why? Because in about a couple of hours after the game releases, the entire roster will be up on the internet.

Like I’m going to wake up to see the first thing on the internet to be who the secret characters are, or someone who is streaming the unlocking process and getting the hidden characters.

Like it doesn’t do anything for Nintendo than just have us wait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why? Because in about a couple of hours after the game releases, the entire roster will be up on the internet.

Like I’m going to wake up to see the first thing on the internet to be who the secret characters are, or someone who is streaming the unlocking process and getting the hidden characters.

Do you not find unlocking characters fun?

MainJPW

M.T.A
He can also teleport spam over and over in the cinematic.
But he does the exact same thing in Forces against Infinite. I'm sure cutscenes are an accurate display of a character's abilities. If they could do everything they could do in cutscenes they would be broken, no? Silver can fly any where he wants in cutscenes, Sonic and Blaze can leap really long distances in cutscenes and whatnot. Bottomless pits in gameplay can kill Sonic, yet in Sonic Adventure two 60'000 foot falls don't even give him a concussion.
Also, he was only bulletproof in his Dark Chaos at full power. He's glowing red during it and uses Chaos Blast. He isn't bulletproof in the game whatsoever. Even if you're at full gauge, he still can get hurt. He has to use a move to suddenly be invincible(Chaos Control or Chaos Blast) and it doesn't allow the enemies to attack. He's just known to be a bit more resilient in various games, but falls to the same things as most do. So it doesn't really mean anything.
Even when he was in the smoke they were shooting at him, I feel like he wouldn't just stand there if bullets hurt him unless he always in Dark Mode in anticipation of gunfire. It's not confirmed but I was just wondering. That kinda reminded me of 06 where bullets only do chip damage, and in the 06 2005 E3 cinematic Sonic wasn't killed by a barrage of machine gun bullets, sure that's not canon but it's another "bullets didn't kill scene"... in SATBK The Dark Queen even with her giant swords couldn't cut Sonic despite striking him 4 times in a cutscene before the boss fight. The cinematics and cutscenes kinda make it seem like they're at least resistant to weapons.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

It used to be that they didn't reveal ANY unlockable fighter before release including veterans (minus VERY specific circumstances). Now that's thrown out the window...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

And people call me the fun slayer. :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Do you not find unlocking characters fun?
Honestly, even though I really want to just unlock characters, I'm also a fan of games giving people as many options as possible, so a way to shortcut the unlocks (say, a cheat code of yesteryear) would be good for people who don't wanna wait or for tourney setups or something.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Assuming there are secret characters I’m just gonna get off smash boards and any other place where leaks pop up like a week before release.

I didn’t have smash for 3ds, so knowing all the characters before release on Wii U was a bit of a bummer. I loved when characters would just show up in 64/Melee/Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But he does the exact same thing in Forces against Infinite. I'm sure cutscenes are an accurate display of a character's abilities. If they could do everything they could do in cutscenes they would be broken, no? Silver can fly any where he wants in cutscenes, Sonic and Blaze can leap really long distances in cutscene and whatnot. Bottomless pits in gameplay can kill Sonic, yet in Sonic Adventure two 60'000 foot falls don't even give him a concussion.
Many platformers won't hurt you if you land. It's a gameplay quirk. Cutscenes don't really change much at all. Shadow is not inherently invincible in gameplay, which is what is being heavily transferred to Smash. He is not immune to bullets. He wasn't in any game to begin with and never will be otherwise. Teleport spam is not an ability he can use in gameplay because it's broken. This is why it's silly to transition it to Smash. It's not a requirement for him.

Even when he was in the smoke they were shooting at him, I feel like he wouldn't just stand there if bullets hurt him unless he always in Dark Mode in anticipation of gunfire. It's not confirmed but I was just wondering. That kinda reminded me of 06 where bullets only do chip damage, and in the 06 2005 E3 cinematic Sonic wasn't killed by a barrage of machine gun bullets, sure that's not canon but it's another "bullets didn't kill scene"... in SATBK The Dark Queen even with her giant swords couldn't cut Sonic despite striking him 4 times in a cutscene before the boss fight. The cinematics and cutscenes kinda make it seem like they're at least resistant to weapons.
The problem is he was already in Dark Mode in the smoke. You can see his red highlights. Not that it much matters, because it's clear he is not invincible or even able to heavily damage the Black Arms officially unless he's in Dark/Hero Mode or with a weapon. The game establishes he has poor physical attacks. This is likely just a quirk of the game itself, but it does stand he sucks at damaging the Black Arms without actual weapons/chaos powers. Of course, they could've just explained this alone by saying they were too strong instead of making us assume it due to the gameplay and the way it's handled.

Both are valid interpretations. But it does make sense that those with the same blood as him are as strong as him and are harder to take down due to it.

D

Deleted member

"There's no point in keeping anything secret because someone's just going leak it anyway."

This is a slippery slope we don't want to go down.

Polan

Smash Lord
It's really funny to me that verg's meltdown actually has a decent number of upvotes. When I read it on here I was like "oh man this dudes gonna get so blasted for being mad online" but apparently not. Maybe redditors just have different standards.
1. it's not even that bad of a "meltdown". why are people on this thread trying to make it seem like he's gone crazy or something?
2. he's getting upvoted because he's right. people give way too much attention to random 4chan bs and its cluttering up discussion about smash ultimate. also the guy that he's responding to called him a scummy fake leaker which is a bit excessive. seriously, i don't know why people (including certain individuals here on smashboards) have this hateboner for verge. we'll find out soon enough if he's right, there's no need to insult or rage at him everytime he posts.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
1. it's not even that bad of a "meltdown". why are people on this thread trying to make it seem like he's gone crazy or something?
I was wondering the same, but I kinda just chalked it up to "same hyperbole mindset different day"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I haven't been keeping up, we at the point yet where we're acting like no one ever said Isabelle wouldn't work as a fighter? Or do we need a few more days?

Shroob

Sup?
Within 4 hours of any reveal it'll be back to "waiting on the next reveal to keep us from this drought"
I promise
I mean, we're not wrong in feeling this way.

As much as I like seeing old stages in HD, they're just that, old stages.

If you want to excite me, give me something 'new'. A new trophy, a new assist/pokeball... just not stuff that we've seen at E3. It's almost been TWO MONTHs since and we've gotten 0 new info besides music, basically.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*AUX CALL PUSH SELECT*

Colonel: Careful, Snake, Wolf has returned to Smash along with you, and he's prepared for everything that can and will be thrown at him this time. He might look somewhat different, but he's still very cunning when it comes to fighting.

Snake: It looks like he's been through plenty of stuff while away from Smash. That eyepatch of his definitely means a thing or two... either he's had plenty of brutal fights, he got bested by Star Fox again, or both...

Colonel: Correct, he's had many battles against Fox and his team, as well as doing general bounty hunting, where he's always risking life and limb just to get paid. It looks like he's already paid the price of working with Andross with half of his vision.

Snake: And I'm constantly doing the missions that I do, risking my own life just to keep the world from blowing up. Literally. Payment is always good, but having the satisfaction of having saved the lives of billions is always better.

Colonel: I couldn't be any happier to be on your side, Snake. Your skills have ended up saving the world so many times without innocent civilians realizing that their very lives were at stake.

Tomorrow's preview:

Snake: Seriously, how does his "aura" thing even work?

Next up: :ultlucario:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Has anyone posted the Bandana Dee + Rayman leak yet? DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
Banda.jpg
ray.jpg

The leaker claims that Bandana Dee and Rayman will be revealed at EVO. Thread link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/425832663
I doubt it's real but this looks a lot better than most of the previous leaks, if it's a fake (which it probably is, let's be real) then it's a pretty good fake. Not believing anything until we get videos though.

Shroob

Sup?
I still stand by the belief that we should have never gotten all the veterans revealed in one clump.

The reason we're having a content drought is partially because when a Veteran trailer gets posted on the website, it's basically a "Oh, okay" moment.

If someone like Wolf, Pichu, or Young Link had been confirmed on a random day in a random month, the internet would have friggen exploded with hype.

Hell, imagine getting down to the last few weeks of speculation, and only a handful of veterans hadn't been shown yet. Imagine people freaking out if someone like ROB, or Bowser Jr or even Little Mac had been cut, for example.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Has anyone posted the Bandana Dee + Rayman leak yet? DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
View attachment 154773View attachment 154774
The leaker claims that Bandana Dee and Rayman will be revealed at EVO. Thread link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/425832663
I doubt it's real but this looks a lot better than most of the previous leaks, if it's a fake (which it probably is, let's be real) then it's a pretty good fake. Not believing anything until we get videos though.
I believe it.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Rayman looks like it was from Rayman Origins or something

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It might just be a simple edit.

It's a little bit different than waddle dee pics I've seen. But it's also similar

They are almost all in the same pose

For example

or

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone should teach these leakers how to take a picture.
Goodness.

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
I don’t recognize that B Waddle Dee render. There’s art in a similar pose, but it’s not the same

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still stand by the belief that we should have never gotten all the veterans revealed in one clump.

The reason we're having a content drought is partially because when a Veteran trailer gets posted on the website, it's basically a "Oh, okay" moment.

If someone like Wolf, Pichu, or Young Link had been confirmed on a random day in a random month, the internet would have friggen exploded with hype.

Hell, imagine getting down to the last few weeks of speculation, and only a handful of veterans hadn't been shown yet. Imagine people freaking out if someone like ROB, or Bowser Jr or even Little Mac had been cut, for example.
I agree we probably would have a lot more to talk about, but I will never regret seeing that "EVERYONE IS HERE!" trailer.
Top 10 hypest anime moments.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

I want to believe, but...

Most definitely fake. But I like that we're getting some fake leaks with actual effort put into them.

Shroob

Sup?
I agree we probably would have a lot more to talk about, but I will never regret seeing that "EVERYONE IS HERE!" trailer.
Top 10 hypest anime moments.
It's hype, but it's basically junk food.

It tastes great at first, but after a bit, you're left sitting in your chair, lethargic and mellow.

Too much of a good thing isn't good.

Hell, even Ridley's inclusion in Smash has gone from "HOLY BLEEP RIDLEY" to "Oh, yeah, sweet, Ridley."

We're like the dog who chases his tail and finally catches it. Now that we have it, we don't know what to do with it.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Many platformers won't hurt you if you land. It's a gameplay quirk. Cutscenes don't really change much at all.
If they aren't hurt from such falls in cutscenes then obviously they're just durable, doesn't mean they can't be hurt. Sonic fell from space in Advance 2 and didn't even break his legs in a cutscene. He fell from space again in Unleashed.
Shadow is not inherently invincible in gameplay
Well, yeah because of the ring health system. Like I said Sonic could get struck a few times by Merlina's sword and not get sliced or cut, but you know that would make him loose rings during gameplay.

Teleport spam is not an ability he can use in gameplay because it's broken. This is why it's silly to transition it to Smash. It's not a requirement for him.
But he can do it. I'm not saying he should do it in Smash.

The problem is he was already in Dark Mode in the smoke. You can see his red highlights.
Why would he let the bullets touch him if he isn't immune? How does he know Dark Mode would protect him from bullets especially if he hasn't used that in any prior game? I guess it's just supposed to look cool just like everything else, but the cinematic looks like it's just displaying Shadow's ability and resilience. He has to be hurt by stuff in gameplay because it's a game, if we could just power through everything it would be too easy. I'm not exactly trying to say he's immune but I feel like... why would they put that there if he wasn't?

Not that it much matters, because it's clear he is not invincible or even able to heavily damage the Black Arms officially unless he's in Dark/Hero Mode or with a weapon. The game establishes he has poor physical attacks. This is likely just a quirk of the game itself, but it does stand he sucks at damaging the Black Arms without actual weapons/chaos powers. Of course, they could've just explained this alone by saying they were too strong instead of making us assume it due to the gameplay and the way it's handled.

Both are valid interpretations. But it does make sense that those with the same blood as him are as strong as him and are harder to take down due to it.
I think it's just because the guns are a forced gameplay mechanic. I'm sure he could take them down himself or with the help of his partner canonically, it's not like he's holding a weapon during a cutscene IIRC.

D

Deleted member

Bandana Dee and Rayman. Revealed at EVO. A fighting game-themed tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom