• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Taking a blurry photo of a edited picture is an easy way to make it people question it if you aren't that great at editing.

The blur will hide mistakes you made

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Has anyone posted the Bandana Dee + Rayman leak yet? DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
View attachment 154773View attachment 154774
The leaker claims that Bandana Dee and Rayman will be revealed at EVO. Thread link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/425832663
I doubt it's real but this looks a lot better than most of the previous leaks, if it's a fake (which it probably is, let's be real) then it's a pretty good fake. Not believing anything until we get videos though.
I haven't posted anything besides the special session today because I've been busy with Persona 5.

It takes a lot of time to catalogue each leak, add their rosters to the mention tally, etc. Even I need a break sometimes.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If you don't unlock everything within 2 hours what kind of smash player are you
Fastest to unlock Mewtwo is 5 hours. How can you even do THAT in 2 hours

****** only heals me when I'm already at full health.
He better not show up if Sora makes it in.
Wait for him to be part of Sora's Final Smash

Within 4 hours of any reveal it'll be back to "waiting on the next reveal to keep us from this drought"
I promise
How long until the next Crashboards though?

Hey guys, I've got a """""""""'leak"""""""""" of the Smash Ultimate tier list.
Here it is:
View attachment 154761
This is my favorite type of "Chromatic Scale".

Except we have seen DP's Final Smash, it's in a picture on the official site.
So we know that Echoes characters can still have differing FSes.
Mah boi Roy is top tier?

**** yeah *******

Except shouldn't Mewtwo, Wolf, and Zelda move up a bit higher?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Fastest to unlock Mewtwo is 5 hours. How can you even do THAT in 2 hours

Wait for him to be part of Sora's Final Smash

How long until the next Crashboards though?

Mah boi Roy is top tier?

**** yeah *******

Except shouldn't Mewtwo, Wolf, and Zelda move up a bit higher?

Since when has the letter G been used?

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Do you not find unlocking characters fun?
I do, but it really sort of lost it’s mojo over time.

Before, Smash 4 has the benefit where people were sh*t about some of the veterans not making it as well as secret newcomers, but they were all shown on Day 1.

Now, we know every veteran is back to make a kick ass E3 announcement, so there’s half of it, and there’s probably only like 2-3 secret ones that will probably be found one Day 1.

Though as a Smash fan, I would probably watch someone who’s watching a stream of someone unlocking the characters. I would be hyped and have an adrenaline rush if that character siren goes on and there’s a silhouette.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I still stand by the belief that we should have never gotten all the veterans revealed in one clump.

The reason we're having a content drought is partially because when a Veteran trailer gets posted on the website, it's basically a "Oh, okay" moment.

If someone like Wolf, Pichu, or Young Link had been confirmed on a random day in a random month, the internet would have friggen exploded with hype.

Hell, imagine getting down to the last few weeks of speculation, and only a handful of veterans hadn't been shown yet. Imagine people freaking out if someone like ROB, or Bowser Jr or even Little Mac had been cut, for example.
It makes sense though, as "Everyone is Here" is the main selling point of the game

Shroob

Sup?

Before, Smash 4 has the benefit where people were sh*t about some of the veterans not making it as well as secret newcomers, but they were all shown on Day 1.

Now, we know every veteran is back to make a kick *** E3 announcement, so there’s half of it, and there’s probably only like 2-3 secret ones that will probably be found one Day 1.

Though as a Smash fan, I would probably watch someone who’s watching a stream of someone unlocking the characters. I would be hyped and have an adrenaline rush if that character siren goes on and there’s a silhouette.

Now, we know every veteran is back to make a kick *** E3 announcement, so there’s half of it, and there’s probably only like 2-3 secret ones that will probably be found one Day 1.

This, soo much this.

Although I doubt they can not show 3rd parties pre-release due to agreements, imagine had you gotten a character unlock, and you wound up on friggen Shadow Moses. The community would have had a NUT on December 7th.

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
With the whole amiibo situation + other evidence such as his absence from Dedede's Final Smash, I'm surprised more people aren't expecting Waddle Dee to be in. Unless I'm missing some explanation as to why he and Daisy in particular can use their ammibo for multiple games, I think he has more evidence than any other character. Plus he's globally popular... yet he's fallen off recent predictions and leaks in favor of more obscure characters like Geno.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm sure they'll save some big surprises post-release. Sakurai seems to like them. I bet there's like 2-4 characters left hidden

Shroob

Sup?
It makes sense though, as "Everyone is Here" is the main selling point of the game
Of course it is, but that also means that basically 3 of our "Pic of the Days" then go towards characters that we already know are in, meaning that in a week of 3 characters and 2 extra pictures, 3 of those are effectively fillers.

We're about 2 months in with 0 new news since E3 except for music, **** sucks.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Of course it is, but that also means that basically 3 of our "Pic of the Days" then go towards characters that we already know are in, meaning that in a week of 3 characters and 2 extra pictures, 3 of those are effectively fillers.

I agree on that, hoping for something, even a direct announcement, at EVO

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
With the whole amiibo situation + other evidence such as his absence from Dedede's Final Smash, I'm surprised more people aren't expecting Waddle Dee to be in. Unless I'm missing some explanation as to why he and Daisy in particular can use their ammibo for multiple games, I think he has more evidence than any other character. Plus he's globally popular... yet he's fallen off recent predictions and leaks in favor of more obscure characters like Geno.
Has he fallen off? Bandana Dee is still one of the characters I think are likeliest to show up - along with K Rool, Ashley, and Chrom (as an Ike echo). And I suppose Simon too, but I'm starting to doubt the leak now

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai has talked about Geno by name, but never Bandana Dee. So I don't think Geno is an absurd choice

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

I mean what do you expect? E3 revealed 70% of the game's content lol

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

If anything, what I think would've been a better alternative was keeping the character trailers in their pockets and revealing them at a steady rate. Learning more about what changed for characters between the transition would still stimulate discussion since at least every day we get another character trailer we're now talking about how Toon Link got a new FSmash or how Pichu's ftilt stuns alongside the other details.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

It's such a short cycle though. I mean, we didn't even know about the game til March. There's probably not even enough newcomers to reveal one per month, while keeping a few hidden.

Hair is hard and it makes me angry...
This is awesome!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they aren't hurt from such falls in cutscenes then obviously they're just durable, doesn't mean they can't be hurt. Sonic fell from space in Advance 2 and didn't even break his legs in a cutscene. He fell from space again in Unleashed.
That's my point. Falls don't mean anything unless there's nothing to land on. It's a unique platformer. The Mario series changed that in 3D where a long fall hurts you. It's more for playability in some cases.

Well, yeah because of the ring health system. Like I said Sonic could get struck a few times by Merlina's sword and not get sliced or cut, but you know that would make him loose rings during gameplay.
That has nothing to do with that. Shadow gets sent flying when hit too. The ring system is just to make the game easier to play due to the level design/high amount of enemies. It doesn't mean much of anything. It's just a less crappy health system than other games(included the Mech stuff, which to be honest, worked horribly as HP. Shadow had the best health system to date for the platformers. Then again, Sonic 06 had one of the best hubs for live systems, as you couldn't lose one when dying there. Sad that neither of these returned).

But he can do it. I'm not saying he should do it in Smash.
Nor am I. It just doesn't exist properly in gameplay and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Why would he let the bullets touch him if he isn't immune? How does he know Dark Mode would protect him from bullets especially if he hasn't used that in any prior game? I guess it's just supposed to look cool just like everything else, but the cinematic looks like it's just displaying Shadow's ability and resilience. He has to be hurt by stuff in gameplay because it's a game, if we could just power through everything it would be too easy. I'm not exactly trying to say he's immune but I feel like... why would they put that there if he wasn't?
You're missing what I'm saying. He went into Dark Mode when the bullets were fired. Otherwise, he can be hit by bullets. He doesn't always dodge everything. He ain't perfect. No, I'm not counting his insane defenses in stuff like Sonic X which is kind of bull****.

But yes, it just makes him look cool. It's showcasing an ability. It's never used in other games anyway because it's not a real gameplay feature. Cinematic scenes don't usually reflect a character's legitimate potential. They just look kickass to help sell a game/entertain people. It's just the fact he's invincible in Dark or Hero Mode(same with Super Shadow). At best it just happens to match what he's like in that mode, while looking cool. It's kind of pointless to say he can somehow be immune to bullets when he obviously isn't.

I think it's just because the guns are a forced gameplay mechanic. I'm sure he could take them down himself or with the help of his partner canonically, it's not like he's holding a weapon during a cutscene IIRC.
It's not even forced. Shadow grew up on a military base. He knows well how to use weapons. It makes way more sense than some games throwing in stuff for the sake of it. His backstory fits his actions. Why would he have an issue in using a weapon when he was by them most of his life before he got sent to sleep for 50 years? It makes sense that when an enemy is too strong(or has the same powers he has), he needs something extra. One can easily argue weapons weren't the right answer, but there wasn't much else to go on. It was that or chaos attacks. Instead they went with his backstory and used it in a reasonable manner. Him swearing/the blood/death etc. is honestly way more forced than a guy living in a military base using weapons that he knew would work.

Polan

Smash Lord
Has anyone posted the Bandana Dee + Rayman leak yet? DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon
View attachment 154773View attachment 154774
The leaker claims that Bandana Dee and Rayman will be revealed at EVO. Thread link: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/425832663
I doubt it's real but this looks a lot better than most of the previous leaks, if it's a fake (which it probably is, let's be real) then it's a pretty good fake. Not believing anything until we get videos though.
this actually gave me a headache, jesus christ. why are so many leakers physically incapable of getting a clear picture? its not that ****ing hard.

It's hype, but it's basically junk food.

It tastes great at first, but after a bit, you're left sitting in your chair, lethargic and mellow.

Too much of a good thing isn't good.

Hell, even Ridley's inclusion in Smash has gone from "HOLY BLEEP RIDLEY" to "Oh, yeah, sweet, Ridley."

We're like the dog who chases his tail and finally catches it. Now that we have it, we don't know what to do with it.
you are acting like its been years since we heard anything about the game. chill. we've only got 4 months to go till release and we're definitely getting info pretty soon.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If anything, what I think would've been a better alternative was keeping the character trailers in their pockets and revealing them at a steady rate. Learning more about what changed for characters between the transition would still stimulate discussion since at least every day we get another character trailer we're now talking about how Toon Link got a new FSmash or how Pichu's ftilt stuns alongside the other details.
Yeah, it kinda sucks the way they did it especially if main a character where they were just revealed in the "Everything is Here" trailer and then NO NEW info about them...

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's such a short cycle though. I mean, we didn't even know about the game til March. There's probably not even enough newcomers to reveal one per month, while keeping a few hidden.

This is awesome!
Appreciate you fam!

Guess I'm off to make a waifu, umm like I'm confused though... the icon thread says ya'll really want Twintelle but I could have sworn someone made one.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
this actually gave me a headache, jesus christ. why are so many leakers physically incapable of getting a clear picture? its not that ****ing hard.

you are acting like its been years since we heard anything about the game. chill. we've only got 4 months to go till release and we're definitely getting info pretty soon.
No, it's been 2 months, and we've gotten nothing but E3 info, not even new items.

Pic of the Day is literally pointless as it is, because all it's doing is slooooooooooooooooowly dragging out the E3 content for as long as it can while stalling for time.

The fact that basically all the E3 info was on the Wiki about a week after, and we're STILL getting stuff we know about already is painful to watch when Brawl/4's PotDs were just, soo much better in the terms of new content to "YOU MUST RECOVER" types of pics.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So if Isabelle is true.

What other popular characters that were assists that are missing?

Isaac? Shadow? Skull Kid? Ashley?

Am I missing anyone? What are these guys chances?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Assist Trophies, Pokeball Mons, Items, any stages we barely know about, returning stages, Trophies, etc etc.
Again. 70% of the game is already revealed.

I mean we have 68 fighters, close to 80 stages, and a good number of ATs overall.

The remaining stuff like trophies and items and such I imagine could still be confirmed down the line via blogs.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
No, it's been 2 months, and we've gotten nothing but E3 info, not even new items.

Pic of the Day is literally pointless as it is, because all it's doing is slooooooooooooooooowly dragging out the E3 content for as long as it can while stalling for time.

The fact that basically all the E3 info was on the Wiki about a week after, and we're STILL getting stuff we know about already is painful to watch when Brawl/4's PotDs were just, soo much better in the terms of new content to "YOU MUST RECOVER" types of pics.
I mean, we could get nothing, no blog at all lol.

We'll probably see a new character in the next direct, which will most likely be in August anyway, with the new online services and all

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

We went literally 7 months from the initial Brawl reveal (May 11,2006 at a behind-closed-doors E3 presentation) to the Fox reveal in Nintendo World during December.

The Smash Dojo itself didn't go live until May 22nd, a full year after the reveal.

I understand impatience/the situation being different given the modern age and all, but I will gladly take a game being revealed the same year it releases for a change, getting footage beforehand of not just one, but ALL of the returning characters (seeing the off-camera footage at demo events sustains me way more than any Dojo/blog posts ever could) and knowing the game will be out by the same time we would get the literal most obvious veteran reveal.

Shroob

Sup?

We'll probably see a new character in the next direct, which will most likely be in August anyway, with the new online services and all
My main gripe is:

Why not throw in an assist trophy that we haven't seen? Or a returning item that wasn't in the E3 demo?

THAT would spice things up, but as is, nothing is new.

I'm not asking for "Gimme ALL the characters", I just want **** that we haven't known for 2 months.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My main gripe is:

Why not throw in an assist trophy that we haven't seen? Or a returning item that wasn't in the E3 demo?

THAT would spice things up, but as is, nothing is new.
Besides the music, right?
Or does it need to be something new besides the new stuff.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Again. 70% of the game is already revealed.

I mean we have 68 fighters, close to 80 stages, and a good number of ATs overall.

The remaining stuff like trophies and items and such I imagine could still be confirmed down the line via blogs.
Don’t forget existing modes, new modes, Online functionality (this is a BIG one), new characters, new stages, FD.

There’s still a lot we don’t know.

Also I’m hoping Training mode is actually good this time. Bandai has been working on this game TWO times now, surely they have experience with training modes (plz, I’m just asking).

Also a ranking system is a MUST. I just want to go against good people.

At least they did a lot right though so far.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think Omni is the pinnacle of what makes a fake leak a great leak.

Some ****ing footage instead of just a muggy screenshot

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
So if Isabelle is true.

What other popular characters that were assists that are missing?

Isaac? Shadow? Skull Kid? Ashley?

Am I missing anyone? What are these guys chances?
I personally think Ashley is pretty likely, just because of how popular she is in Japan especially.

I would love Skull Kid, and he did get a Mii Costume, and MM 3ds did come out in 2015...so maybe? Zelda deserves a newcomer, IMO.

Shadow probably depends on if Sakurai wants to cross the line of a 3rd Party series getting two reps, even if one is an echo.

And Isaac. I would love for him to get in for his fans, but my hopes aren't high for him or Golden Sun.

Saki has also not been seen yet, so maybe a Sin & Punishment rep? Probably not, but would be cool

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

Did everyone at bottom just forget that one accurate leaker (loz18) said that we would be getting a direct in August (I'm willing to bet that it's on the 3rd) and that they would be showing off new modes (I'm also willing to bet that one or two newcomers will be revealed)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom