• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've been playing WoL on Hard Mode this entire time so I see no point in doing a NG+. I'm probably going to start one for the challenge board but I'm not actually going to play it.

This game's single player content will keep me busy for a while. Whenever spirit battles start to feel tedious I just change characters or go do something else and suddenly they feel fresh again.

I still have a lot of challenge board left to clear, but honestly I enjoy it a lot more then the Wii U / 3DS versions. There's way to much "do x thing with every fighter" in that game and it has a lot of fighters. I can't imagine what it'd be like having to do those types of challenges in Ultimate.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I've been playing WoL on Hard Mode this entire time so I see no point in doing a NG+. I'm probably going to start one for the challenge board but I'm not actually going to play it.

This game's single player content will keep me busy for a while. Whenever spirit battles start to feel tedious I just change characters or go do something else and suddenly they feel fresh again.

I still have a lot of challenge board left to clear, but honestly I enjoy it a lot more then the Wii U / 3DS versions. There's way to much "do x thing with every fighter" in that game and it has a lot of fighters. I can't imagine what it'd be like having to do those types of challenges in Ultimate.
I only played World of Light NG+ a little bit to finish off the skill tree.

I had played the whole Adventure Mode on Hard Mode as well, only reducing the difficulty twice (once for Dharkon Round 2 and once for the Final Battle achievements).

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone who does World of Light at the highest of difficulty, with no spirits, no retries, and uses the exact same character to win every single challenge first try without healing or even taking any damage...that person would be insane
Now he sounds like a priest.

It’s best if we move on.
...ok...

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Well.... Uh.... By "Smash fandom" you mean just Geno fans, right?
I miss when everyone could get behind we’ll requested characters even if they weren’t a fan. I think the limited slots for newcomers in this title has killed that attitude. Like, when Ridley was introduced, I didn’t want him but I was happy for everyone who did. The same for K. Rool and Joker (even if I have sense been made into a DKC fan). Banjo and Geno are the last of those Ridley and K. Rool type suggestions. The ones that “everybody wanted”. But now it’s almost like it’s cool to hate the idea. It’s sad really. I’m not even a SMRPG fan, but I want Geno in to make all of those people finally happy. At this point I’m actually worried that no matter who gets announced there is going to be a huge backlash. And that scares me. It’s not a freakin war guys.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There aren't that many people of each sex in Birthright and Conquest if you take out the royals, so it shouldn't be that hard to work it out; let's make a list.

:ultcorrin:: Felicia, Azura, Mozu, Effie, Nyx, Beruka, Selena, Peri, Charlotte, Flora
:ultcorrinf:: Jakob, Kaze, Silas, Shura, Arthur, Odin, Laslow, Benny, Keaton, Izana
Either: Niles

For the record, I picked Charlotte.
Oh right. I remember now. I was :ultcorrinf: so I couldn't go with my preference, Severa Selena, and instead went with Jakob because he seemed to be the only one with whom Corrin actually made a genuine bond. But I wasn't crazy about it. Kana was cool though.

...I think. Or maybe it was Silas? Because he's just sad. Now I feel an urge to go get my 3DS and check my save file.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At this point I’m actually worried that no matter who gets announced there is going to be a huge backlash. And that scares me.
I want more Pokemon and Pokemon is basically the new FE, so I'm ready.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh right. I remember now. I was :ultcorrinf: so I couldn't go with my preference, Severa Selena, and instead went with Jakob because he seemed to be the only one with whom Corrin actually made a genuine bond. But I wasn't crazy about it. Kana was cool though.

...I think. Or maybe it was Silas? Because he's just sad. Now I feel an urge to go get my 3DS and check my save file.
While I remember who I chose for Corrin in Conquest (:ultcorrin:), I struggle to remember each individual pairing I made.

The only ones I remember distinctly is Arthur/Mozu, Odin/Nyx (this one has a pretty funny S Rank conversation) and Laslow/Azura. I think I had Silas go with Camilla and Benny with Effie? The rest are sort of a blur, at least a couple were an afterthought, Jakob was the one I left out because he came too late and I didn't warm to him.

And then I get to Birthright, where I don't even remember who I picked for :ultcorrinf:, it was either Silas or Kaze.

The only pairings I remember for Revelations is Corrin/Charlotte (again, because I'm trash) and Selena/Subaki, I think I paired Odin with Orochi. Generally I tried to make as many as possible cross-cultural

I might have paired Ryoma with Camilla? Maybe? (I guess some people would consider this a punishment? :laugh:)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it against the rules to plug? I recently made 2 Smash videos that I'm pretty proud of.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
D397D05C-B78A-48A4-B0C4-9F70D098F243.gif

Here in the next day or two, this thread will archived. As we near almost 10,000 pages, let us celebrate the life of this thread.

She grew up so fast, faster than any other thread around her. Some said she had an old soul; she was wise beyond her years.......she knew things others did not, so they sought her out to learn.

But she had an immature streak.....she had a hard time focusing and staying on topic. But that didn’t matter to most, as they enjoyed her company.

As her life grows dim, she has become something different than what she was born to do and she is tired. Tired and ready to retire. Some say death is lighter than a feather and duty, well duty, they say, is heavier than a mountain. Soon your weight will be lifted old lady, soon.

But fret not citizens, friends, for she has chosen a successor. Her successor......also a she in this whole stupid thing I’m doing.....is ready to shoulder the mountain and be what we need her to be.

So say goodbye, for her days are numbered, but rejoice because this is not truly the end.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 186913

Here in the next day or two, this thread will archived. As we near almost 10,000 pages, let us celebrate the life of this thread.

She grew up so fast, faster than any other thread around her. Some said she had an old soul; she was wise beyond her years.......she knew things others did not, so they sought her out to learn.

But she had an immature streak.....she had a hard time focusing and staying on topic. But that didn’t matter to most, as they enjoyed her company.

As her life grows dim, she has become something different than what she was born to do and she is tired. Tired and ready to retire. Some say death is lighter than a feather and duty, well duty, they say, is heavier than a mountain. Soon your weight will be lifted old lady, soon.

But fret not citizens, friends, for she has chosen a successor. Her successor......also a she in this whole stupid thing I’m doing.....is ready to shoulder the mountain and be what we need her to be.

So say goodbye, for her days are numbered, but rejoice because this is not truly the end.
I LOVE YOU THREAD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 186913

Can it also be the end of bad moderation? Asking for a friend

D

Deleted member

View attachment 186913

alexa play lifelight

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 186913

Man, it's been quite a ride, with this thread, let me tell ya...
It's gonna be such a shame to see it go...

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
View attachment 186913

Farewell, Discussion Thread. I've been here since Ultimate was announced, so I'll kind of miss this thread. But I'm also anticipating the fresh start a new thread will bring.

Remember when the whole thread was derailed by discussion of Pyra's outfit? Good times, good times...

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
While I remember who I chose for Corrin in Conquest (:ultcorrin:), I struggle to remember each individual pairing I made.

The only ones I remember distinctly is Arthur/Mozu, Odin/Nyx (this one has a pretty funny S Rank conversation) and Laslow/Azura. I think I had Silas go with Camilla and Benny with Effie? The rest are sort of a blur, at least a couple were an afterthought, Jakob was the one I left out because he came too late and I didn't warm to him.

And then I get to Birthright, where I don't even remember who I picked for :ultcorrinf:, it was either Silas or Kaze.

The only pairings I remember for Revelations is Corrin/Charlotte (again, because I'm trash) and Selena/Subaki, I think I paired Odin with Orochi. Generally I tried to make as many as possible cross-cultural

I might have paired Ryoma with Camilla? Maybe? (I guess some people would consider this a punishment? :laugh:)
So, Birthright I used :ultcorrin: and actually never finished it. But I paired up with Azura not realizing they're apparently cousins what the hell Nintendo. In Nohr, I'm pretty sure I had :ultcorrinf:and Jakob, but I genuinely don't remember and couldn't even tell you who Jakob's kid would be. I do remember adoring some of the kids individually (like Forrest, who is objectively the best, right @Shishœ?) but on the whole the entire parent/child dynamic was so hard to get behind in real time.

So for my recent Revelation playthrough, I went with :ultcorrinf: and Rhajat because **** children.

(And you couldn't pay me to do a playthrough where Corrin hooks up with Camilla. Granted, I'd charge a lot just to play through the game to begin with, but still. Point stands.)

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Cyn I know you hit like on this but I'm serious this place needs improvements big time and whenever I see some absolutely disgusting **** yet I see admins and mods do **** all
Seriously, we've had numerous people get warnings for spam, which is acceptable, but users who make disgusting comments regarding things like sexual assault very rarely get in trouble for it. If someone says something problematic and they get called out, we all get told to just stop talking about it. People only get called out because nothing gets done about them. We had a user a few hours ago who made homophobic comments as well as wishing sexual assault on someone, and I haven't seen them get warned yet. Meanwhile, I'll get warned within minutes for posting an image with no caption(which is completely acceptable, the rules are rules). I'm only concerned with the priorities of the discipline. I understand wanting to stay neutral as possible, but come on. Some things are just not okay to say, especially on this board.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Quite the journey this thread. From not knowing anything about the project, to rumors, to the teaser announcement, to everyone is here and Ridley the August 8th Direct, Vergeben inside information, Isabelle, the box theory, the Grinch hoax, the final direct which confirmed the base roster and the confirmation of DLC, to Joker at the Video Game Awards, to the release of the game and online complaints, to the datamines and knowledge of a third character in the works.

In here the arguments, the subjectivity, the relative experiences, the theories (conspiracy or no), the discussion about the roster, game, and now DLC. People discussing their most wanted and their least wanted. To the countless off-topic segments about Nintendo, life, mental health, jokes, and debates. To the other nonsense that shall forever be forgotten because they are cursed.

A toast to this thread and everyone who participated in it!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, will this thread get a viking burial?

'Cause I've got some mead left in the fridge. Need an occasion.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
The end of this thread will come when we reach page 9999 and :ultgnw: side b's it into oblivion

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
90 pages and this thread will be laid to rest. Jesus Christ this thread has survived almost two years, huh?
Not to mention the several times where it just broke, and the times it was locked outright. It's been through a lot.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm scouring Ebay for used PS3's, a ton of them charge over 100 bucks for the console without a single controller.

I don't appreciate it.
View attachment 186901
PS3s and Wiis are going back up in price now, dude. They're considered "classics" and are getting increasingly harder to find in good quality condition.

Give it a few more years and those same PS3s will be $200-300 instead.

Noipoi

Howdy!
PS3s and Wiis are going back up in price now, dude. They're considered "classics" and are getting increasingly harder to find in good quality condition.

Give it a few more years and those same PS3s will be $200-300 instead.
A couple were around the 60-80 dollar range, controllers included. If i'm lucky I can snag one of those when I get paid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom