• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Funny thought.

Smash 4: “Waluigi won’t get in! He’s a spin-off character!”

Ultimate: “Waluigi won’t get in! He’s a meme character!”

Man, the poor Dastardly Whiplash can’t catch a break lol.
Smash 6: Why did Waluigi get in instead of (insert popular character)?

Pakky

Smash Hero
"Back in my day, we flipped water bottles. Here, let me show you"
"Why did you do this? This is so boring"
"Honestly, I have no idea"
36 year old me: "Back in my day we all laughed at this fat version of Bugs Bunny!"

Son:"Pa, that's dumb, you guys were dumb Pa!"

Me: "I know... *sigh* I know..."

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, that's who the spirit battle picked. Mechakoopa could be a spiny, and there's a cloud themed cart. Abandon ship makes sense, I guess, but how would Cannonball be reconfigured, or what could replace it?
A Spiny Egg, maybe it could function the same except being thrown by the Lakitu.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
To be fair, the trends when we grow old will probably be just as stupid as the ones we have now.
"Pa look!" *Slaps an egg on a picture of Eggman rump "Double Egged!"

*Sips coffee* "You're cleaning that up"

"Pa! Its Meme!"

"You've wasted a perfectly good egg D:!"

D

Deleted member

despite me being utter hot garbage at splatoon i will always love and protect the inklings
They are the most blessed of Nintendo's characters:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It'll also steal excessive amounts of money from my bank account when I go and buy a PS3 for one damn game.
Welcome to the life of a KH fan.

Can we PLEASE get that costume as Splatoon 2 DLC when Joker comes out?
Yo, if P5 DOES get a Switch port, I better see some Nintendo character costumes.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They are the most blessed of Nintendo's characters:

Welcome to the life of a KH fan.

Yo, if P5 DOES get a Switch port, I better see some Nintendo character costumes.
Seriously, Inkling is probably one of the best character designs in the past decade.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Seriously, Inkling is probably one of the best character designs in the past decade.
True.

That's how I feel about ARMS

Never before have I seen a fighting game with such a strong roster of original characters that are all well designed.

(I just don't like the snake guy)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know, right? They remind me a lot of Kirby designs: Simple, wholesome, and adorable. I loved them from the very second Splatoon was revealed all the way back in 2014. Oh gosh, is Splatoon really that old now?

True.

That's how I feel about ARMS

Never before have I seen a fighting game with such a strong roster of original characters that are all well designed.

(I just don't like the snake guy)
Min Min for the win win, my dude.

D

Deleted member

I dunno. I like Link’s BOTW outfit and Samus’s SR designs. Also, Flynn from SMT IV.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A Gen 8 Pokemon is really the only Switch-Debut character that has a chance for Ultimate lol
Oh, and also, someone did this:
So, naturally, I did this:
View attachment 186883
the smash edit has shown up about 3 or more times in reponse to that picture

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
At the time of her announcement she only appeared in 4 games, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, MKWii, and MK7. 2 of which are spinoffs, and 1 of which she isn't a major character in.

I'm thinking she got a lot of backlash because "she's another Mario character", and that she only had one major appearance. She wasn't an iconic Mario character yet, and she wasn't important to the series.

I fixed it :)
To be fair two of the most requested Mario characters are a literal who from a spin off and mr I only exist to give wario a partner in spin offs. Along with another version of Mario from a spin off series and sometimes Toad who people have been clamoring for a spin off version of to heighten his chances.
Even just four appearances with one being a major focus with two of their appearances being mainline games is a lot more than pretty much any other requested Mario character outside Toad

D

Deleted member

I dunno. I like Link’s BOTW outfit and Samus’s SR designs. Also, Flynn from SMT IV.
I actually didn't like BotW Link at first. The nostalgic Zelda fanboy in me missed the dorky green tunic and hat. After having put about 430 hours in BotW now, though, I've come to love the Champion's Tunic (I think that's actually what I completed my first run of the game with, now that I think about it).

D

Deleted member

I actually didn't like BotW Link at first. The nostalgic Zelda fanboy in me missed the dorky green tunic and hat. After having put about 430 hours in BotW now, though, I've come to love the Champion's Tunic (I think that's actually what I completed my first run of the game with, now that I think about it).
I liked Link’s new design. There are lot of other great outfits in BOTW too.

Pakky

Smash Hero
BTW I'm working on something big for my portfolio and I can't wait to show you guys! :D

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

When posting from a Wikia, make sure the url has "http://" and not "https://".

Now, as for your actual suggestion.

A Question Block is already playable in Super Mario Maker, and the Propeller Box is a thing.

So... I can see it.
Side note, but remember when Minecraft youtubers used to do those "mystery block mod races?"
Good times.

Question Block could do cool stuff though. I'd imagine every attack involves bringing out an item of some sort, with RNG being the focal point of the character.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can't wait to be an old man and say things like "Back in my day, people did this thing called the 'dab'..."
"Back in my day, people did this thing called the 'dab', 'cause that was the style of the time. One dab and you could immediately reduce your enemy to a quivering mess. But if you really wanted to assert your dominance, you would strike a T-Pose. The only move more powerful than the T-Pose was the tea-bag, but that could only be used after a maneuver known as the 360-noscope, the deadliest of all."

Pakky

Smash Hero
I loved the internet culture of 2006-2009ish.

Everything was just a funny hot mess.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
"Back in my day, people did this thing called the 'dab', 'cause that was the style of the time. One dab and you could immediately reduce your enemy to a quivering mess. But if you really wanted to assert your dominance, you would strike a T-Pose. The only move more powerful than the T-Pose was the tea-bag, but that could only be used after a maneuver known as the 360-noscope, the deadliest of all."
Future generations will look upon us in shame.

I loved the internet culture of 2006-2009ish.

Everything was just a funny hot mess.
Culture is a strong word...

Pakky

Smash Hero
Future generations will look upon us in shame.

Culture is a strong word...
Well calling it a loud wet fart sounded rude.

But I mean its crudeness is so ironically charming.

People got famous off of what would be seen as trash today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom