• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
That dude was such a disappointing final boss. Rool would easily win.
Honestly I don't know much about him but I hate running into the situation of .

'Great design... and well that's all folks'

It feels so empty.

domriver

Smash Lord
Speaking of which its cold now.
View attachment 186899

Him vs Rool?
Please don't post such uglyness this guy cant hold his horn to King K Rools crown.

on a serious note: I was very curious as to why Nintendo/Rare decided to go with a few new villians in the recent DK Series. I mean this walrus and a boss that looks like andross? Nintendo really thought King K Rool was done for? Nobody wanted him. Thank goodness they did the ballot and realized King K Rool was highly requested and im sure have read the feed back of the reception for King K Rool in smash. It made headlines! I hope someone was demoted at Nintendo for this oversight! lol :p

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Please don't post such uglyness this guy cant hold his horn to King K Rools crown.

on a serious note: I was very curious as to why Nintendo/Rare decided to go with a few new villians in the recent DK Series. I mean this walrus and a boss that looks like andross? Nintendo really thought King K Rool was done for? Nobody wanted him. Thank goodness they did the ballot and realized King K Rool was highly requested and im sure have the feed back of the reception for King K Rool in smash. It made headlines! I hope someone was demoted at Nintendo for this oversight! lol :p
So Miyamoto?

lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Future generations will look upon us in shame.
"...Kids you don't know how lucky you have it nowadays! When I was a lad, ogres roamed the land, forcing people out of their swamps; their anthem, "All Star" was the herald of death. There was a tribe of clicking Echidnas looking for their queen, and they had a nasty spit if they found out you weren't part of their tribe, they called it "not knowing 'de way'."

There were bears who hated if you touched their spaghet, and their spaghet was very difficult not to touch.

Villains were everywhere, so much so, they considered themselves 'Number 1'!

The only refuge from the anarchy was up-state New York, where they had the most delicious Steamed Hams."

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm scouring Ebay for used PS3's, a ton of them charge over 100 bucks for the console without a single controller.

I don't appreciate it.
onii fam.gif

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

on a serious note: I was very curious as to why Nintendo/Rare decided to go with a few new villians in the recent DK Series. I mean this walrus and a boss that looks like andross? Nintendo really thought King K Rool was done for? Nobody wanted him. Thank goodness they did the ballot and realized King K Rool was highly requested and im sure have the feed back of the reception for King K Rool in smash. It made headlines! I hope someone was demoted at Nintendo for this oversight! lol :p
I actually liked the change. Don't get me wrong, K. Rool is awesome, but he's a character who's expected to be the main villain. Considering how Bowser has been the main villain of virtually every main Mario game since SMB2, I'll take any variety I can get.

The Tiki Tak Tribe and the Snowmads are underappreciated.

D

Deleted member

"...Kids you don't know how lucky you have it nowadays! When I was a lad, ogres roamed the land, forcing people out of their swamps; their anthem, "All Star" was the herald of death. There was a tribe of clicking Echidnas looking for their queen, and they had a nasty spit if they found out you weren't part of their tribe, they called it "not knowing 'de way'.

There were bears who hated if you touched their spaghet, and there spaghet was very difficult not to touch.

Villains were everywhere, so much so, they considered themselves 'Number 1'!

The only refuge from the anarchy was up-state New York, where they had the most delicious Steamed Hams."
And then there was Big Chungus. It's too scary to even talk about...

domriver

Smash Lord
I actually liked the change. Don't get me wrong, K. Rool is awesome, but he's a character who's expected to be the main villain. Considering how Bowser has been the main villain of virtually every main Mario game since SMB2, I'll take any variety I can get.

Oh yeah no doubt those baddies were certainly fresh and new. I wouldn't mind if they all came back under the command of King K Rool though! :p

Noipoi

Howdy!

The Tiki Taks are boring imo, but I actually like The Snowmads. Introducing cold villains to this warm climate, it's a cool idea.

They need to bring K Rool and The Kremlings back for DKCR 3 though.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The Bashmaster is one of the best bosses in all of gaming. I love how he plays with the old Super Metroid trope of bosses turning red in a silly and clever way.

I'd understand if K.Rool is the new baddy for the next DKC again, but I'd much rather see him be a postgame bonus then the main threat. Or maybe the premise of the next game could be the Kremlings making new allies or something.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Tiki Taks are boring imo, but I actually like The Snowmads. Introducing cold villains to this warm climate, it's a cool idea.

They need to bring K Rool and The Kremlings back for DKCR 3 though.
I'm gonna be the unpopular guy here and say I hope we get another original. The Kremlings are cool, but I want to see new faces.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The Bashmaster is one of the best bosses in all of gaming. I love how he plays with the old Super Metroid trope of bosses turning red in a silly and clever way.

I'd understand if K.Rool is the new baddy for the next DKC again, but I'd much rather see him be a postgame bonus then the main threat. Or maybe the premise of the next game could be the Kremlings making new allies or something.
I could see it being this guy.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be the unpopular guy here and say I hope we get another original. The Kremlings are cool, but I want to see new faces.
Would love for a new guy to impose upon :ultkrool:&:ultdk:

Them in a tag team would be great, the afterwards back to business as usual.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
How about this:
All the Donkey Kong villains team up and beat the Kongs. They then divvy up each island to a different villain. First and second world is Snowmads, 3rd and 4th world is Tik Tak Tribe, 5th and 6th world is a new villain. 7th and 8th world is K. Rool.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
How about this:
All the Donkey Kong villains team up and beat the Kongs. They then divvy up each island to a different villain. First and second world is Snowmads, 3rd and 4th world is Tik Tak Tribe, 5th and 6th world is K. Rools. 7th and 8th world is a new villain.
You should switch K. Rool and the New Villain around.

Have K. Rool be the man-behind-the-man ringleader.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wish I could say this was true but I know people who ask what's wrong with me when bringing this up. To them finding out someone isn't related is like having the opportunity to date someone who already knows you intimately.
Yeah no. I'm going to be a closedminded jerk for a moment and say that's weird.

I have an extremely attractive cousin and sister within dating age. If one of them told me, "Hey! Turns out we're not related!" that wouldn't, in any capacity whatsoever, change my view of them as my non-romantic family. It's not so much the biological aspect as the societal/cultural/moral aspect that stops me. Plus, I mean, gay people have/are siblings too. The biological/hereditary part isn't the primary concern. The fact that they're your family is.

That's why when I played Fates, even when the game told me "You can date your royal siblings!" I gave that a big "**** no".

I actually can't remember who my Corrin got with in Conquest. I waaaaaanna saaaaaayyyy... Uh. ****. I honestly don't remember. Shows how memorable that story was.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Yeah no. I'm going to be a closedminded jerk for a moment and say that's weird.

I have an extremely attractive cousin and sister within dating age. If one of them told me, "Hey! Turns out we're not related!" that wouldn't, in any capacity whatsoever, change my view of them as my non-romantic family. It's not so much the biological aspect as the societal/cultural/moral aspect that stops me. Plus, I mean, gay people have/are siblings too. The biological/hereditary part isn't the primary concern. The fact that they're your family is.

That's why when I played Fates, even when the game told me "You can date your royal siblings!" I gave that a big "**** no".

I actually can't remember who my Corrin got with in Conquest. I waaaaaanna saaaaaayyyy... Uh. ****. I honestly don't remember. Shows how memorable that story was.
I don't know why Japan loves incest so much its weird.

D

Deleted member

Top 10 MegaTen games:

#1. Shin Megami Tensei IV
#2. Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
#3. Digital Devil Sagas 1&2.
#4. Persona 3
#5. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
#6. Persona 5 and Persona 4
#7. Devil Survior 2: Record Breaker
#8. Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha 2
#9. Shin Megami Tensei II
#10. Shin Megami Tensei I

KMDP

Smash Legend
There aren't that many people of each sex in Birthright and Conquest if you take out the royals, so it shouldn't be that hard to work it out; let's make a list.

:ultcorrin:: Felicia, Azura, Mozu, Effie, Nyx, Beruka, Selena, Peri, Charlotte, Flora
:ultcorrinf:: Jakob, Kaze, Silas, Shura, Arthur, Odin, Laslow, Benny, Keaton, Izana
Either: Niles

For the record, I picked Charlotte.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My guess is that there's a lot of only children in Japan who don't actually know what its like to have a brother or sister. What doesn't make any sense to me is the whole "daddy" trend but I don't want this thread to get locked so I'll stop myself here.

Smash related tangent: Gosh "Daddy Sakurai" used to be a cute way of saying he loved Kirby and Pit but now it just sounds really creepy. Well I guess it's always been slightly creepy but now it sounds really creepy when it shouldn't.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My guess is that there's a lot of only children in Japan who don't actually know what its like to have a brother or sister. What doesn't make any sense to me is the whole "daddy" trend but I don't want this thread to get locked so I'll stop myself here.

Smash related tangent: Gosh "Daddy Sakurai" used to be a cute way of saying he loved Kirby and Pit but now it just sounds really creepy. Well I guess it's always been slightly creepy but now it sounds really creepy when it shouldn't.
Would you prefer "Father Masahiro"?

D

Deleted member

Would you prefer "Father Masahiro"?
Why are we talking about this again?
1547582469746.jpeg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So um
*awkwardly coughs*

I uh, I played Corrin online recently and - actually no wait let's change the topic to anything other then Corrin.

So I'm pretty close to 100%ing World of Light. 611 spirits last I checked. Am I missing anything, or should is it time for me to go get the bad endings? I know for certain all of the dungeons are clear, so if I'm missing any spirits that just means combing through the adventure maps for any I've missed and I'm not looking forward to that.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So um
*awkwardly coughs*

I uh, I played Corrin online recently and - actually no wait let's change the topic to anything other then Corrin.

So I'm pretty close to 100%ing World of Light. 611 spirits last I checked. Am I missing anything, or should is it time for me to go get the bad endings? I know for certain all of the dungeons are clear, so if I'm missing any spirits that just means combing through the adventure maps for any I've missed and I'm not looking forward to that.
I've pretty much 100%'d the game.

The only things I have left to do are thus:
  • Get the Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Spirits
  • Get the "Get 3 Score over a Level 9 CPU in a 3 minute battle" and "Meteor Smash 3 L9 CPUs in a 5-man battle" challenges
  • Get the Ken and Wolf Century Smash challenges
  • Get all the Online challenges
I suppose I could also challenge myself to beat World of Light NG+ and to get Intensity 9.9 in all the Classic Mode routes, but I wouldn't get anything for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom