• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What does mead taste like? Always wanted to try it myself.
Depends on how it's made. The rich stuff is thick as hell and very sweet. But the stuff I got is basically like a hard cider but honey-flavored.

I wanted to try new drinks for my birthday and my brother found "mead" and we had to try it. It's pretty good.

D

Deleted member

I wonder how much people are gonna spam to get the last post on this beautiful, amazing, tasteless, godawful garbage fire of a thread

Y'all remember Sassy Geno? Good times.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So, Birthright I used :ultcorrin: and actually never finished it. But I paired up with Azura not realizing they're apparently cousins what the hell Nintendo. In Nohr, I'm pretty sure I had :ultcorrinf:and Jakob, but I genuinely don't remember and couldn't even tell you who Jakob's kid would be. I do remember adoring some of the kids individually (like Forrest, who is objectively the best, right Shishœ?) but on the whole the entire parent/child dynamic was so hard to get behind in real time.

So for my recent Revelation playthrough, I went with :ultcorrinf: and Rhajat because **** children.

(And you couldn't pay me to do a playthrough where Corrin hooks up with Camilla. Granted, I'd charge a lot just to play through the game to begin with, but still. Point stands.)
Jakob's kid is Dwyer.

Don't feel too bad, I had to look it up myself. :laugh:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Depends on how it's made. The rich stuff is thick as hell and very sweet. But the stuff I got is basically like a hard cider but honey-flavored.

I wanted to try new drinks for my birthday and my brother found "mead" and we had to try it. It's pretty good.
Thick and sweet sounds great to me. I gotta find a place I can get some around here.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wonder how much people are gonna spam to get the last post on this beautiful, amazing, tasteless, godawful garbage fire of a thread

Y'all remember Sassy Geno? Good times.
Oh come on now, I think we should all be given a little more credi-“snort”

Okay it’s sad that I can’t even type this out with a straight face.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh **** then me paying 70 for mine WITH controller last year is good as hell
Damn right.

The kids who grew up with a PS3/Wii are just now getting to an age where they have money to spend and are starting to learn what nostalgia is, and unlike Xbox, PS3/Wii games aren't backwards compatible with PS4/Switch, so people are trying to find those consoles to hook up in their bedrooms or in spare game rooms. All the while more and more of them break, so demand goes up and supply goes down.

I genuinely wonder if the Wii U will ever get a price boom in a few years the way other failed consoles do, like the Sega Saturn. Because unlike those pricey limited consoles, the Wii U had basically all of its good stuff ported up to Switch. Like, if you don't already own one, what's your motivation to get one? Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? The not-the-worst Paper Mario? The worst Star Fox? Devil's Third?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 186913

Here in the next day or two, this thread will archived. As we near almost 10,000 pages, let us celebrate the life of this thread.

She grew up so fast, faster than any other thread around her. Some said she had an old soul; she was wise beyond her years.......she knew things others did not, so they sought her out to learn.

But she had an immature streak.....she had a hard time focusing and staying on topic. But that didn’t matter to most, as they enjoyed her company.

As her life grows dim, she has become something different than what she was born to do and she is tired. Tired and ready to retire. Some say death is lighter than a feather and duty, well duty, they say, is heavier than a mountain. Soon your weight will be lifted old lady, soon.

But fret not citizens, friends, for she has chosen a successor. Her successor......also a she in this whole stupid thing I’m doing.....is ready to shoulder the mountain and be what we need her to be.

So say goodbye, for her days are numbered, but rejoice because this is not truly the end.
NO!

D

Deleted member

catch y'all in smash ultimate discussion #2: off-topic boogaloo
hey guys smash brothers ultimate is so fun

ok now that the mods aren't looking i'm hosting a birthday party at my house we are going to play fortnite all day and my mom even said that i can stay past my bedtime of 6 pm jeremy are you coming i'm sorry for ripping your yugioh cards please jeremy we have cake and it doesn't have nuts so you won't be allergic jeremy please

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ok now that the mods aren't looking i'm hosting a birthday party at my house we are going to play fortnite all day and my mom even said that i can stay past my bedtime of 6 pm jeremy are you coming i'm sorry for ripping your yu-gi-oh cards please jeremy we have cake and it doesn't have nuts so you won't be allergic jeremy please
Who the hell puts nuts in a birthday cake?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
catch y'all in smash ultimate discussion #2: off-topic boogaloo
Maybe we should get a spinoff topic called "For Everyone Else Who Just Wants to Argue About Fire Emblem". I think we'd use it pretty often.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hey guys smash brothers ultimate is so fun

ok now that the mods aren't looking i'm hosting a birthday party at my house we are going to play fortnite all day and my mom even said that i can stay past my bedtime of 6 pm jeremy are you coming i'm sorry for ripping your yu-gi-oh cards please jeremy we have cake and it doesn't have nuts so you won't be allergic jeremy please
you'd best hope that cake is gluten free cause poor jeremy's also celiac

D

Deleted member

Who the hell puts nuts in a birthday cake?
monsters thats who

(shoutout to my friends who held a surpirse birthday party for me but the cake had nuts in it and i almost died and had to go to the hospital, good times)

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna miss this thread. Many good times were had here. The March teaser, E3, the August direct, etc. Not to mention all the interesting discussion held here.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Damn right.

The kids who grew up with a PS3/Wii are just now getting to an age where they have money to spend and are starting to learn what nostalgia is, and unlike Xbox, PS3/Wii games aren't backwards compatible with PS4/Switch, so people are trying to find those consoles to hook up in their bedrooms or in spare game rooms. All the while more and more of them break, so demand goes up and supply goes down.

I genuinely wonder if the Wii U will ever get a price boom in a few years the way other failed consoles do, like the Sega Saturn. Because unlike those pricey limited consoles, the Wii U had basically all of its good stuff ported up to Switch. Like, if you don't already own one, what's your motivation to get one? Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE? The not-the-worst Paper Mario? The worst Star Fox? Devil's Third?
Right now?

Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X

None of these have been ported to Switch yet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I hope someone makes a documentary of this entire thread when it's over. Do we have any filmmakers in here?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
you'd best hope that cake is gluten free cause poor jeremy's also celiac
Who keeps inviting Jeremy places? He's the guy who keeps making us play FFA on Pokefloats with items on high.

Man, **** Jeremy.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 186913

Here in the next day or two, this thread will archived. As we near almost 10,000 pages, let us celebrate the life of this thread.

She grew up so fast, faster than any other thread around her. Some said she had an old soul; she was wise beyond her years.......she knew things others did not, so they sought her out to learn.

But she had an immature streak.....she had a hard time focusing and staying on topic. But that didn’t matter to most, as they enjoyed her company.

As her life grows dim, she has become something different than what she was born to do and she is tired. Tired and ready to retire. Some say death is lighter than a feather and duty, well duty, they say, is heavier than a mountain. Soon your weight will be lifted old lady, soon.

But fret not citizens, friends, for she has chosen a successor. Her successor......also a she in this whole stupid thing I’m doing.....is ready to shoulder the mountain and be what we need her to be.

So say goodbye, for her days are numbered, but rejoice because this is not truly the end.
Dw9T_HWV4AA5Cw2.jpg

'Twas fun while it lasted. See y'all in the new thread!

...When it opens, seeing as how this one will be here for another day or two, lol.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Who keeps inviting Jeremy places? He's the guy who keeps making us play FFA on Pokefloats with items on high.

Man, **** Jeremy.
jeremy plays FFA items on coin battles but he's also #1 olimar worldwide

he's also only olimar worldwide

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
In honor of this thread's final days, I decided to chronicle some of the most important events in it's history

Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread Timeline

Page 1 A thread discussing Smash Switch is opened
Page 405 Smash Switch gets officially announced in a Nintendo Direct, basically confirming :ultinkling: as a newcomer
Page 1539 Smash Ultimate is shown of at E3, announcing :ultdaisy: and :ultridley:
Page 2812 A Smash Direct take place, announcing :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: and :ultkrool:
Page 4397 :ultisabelle: gets announced at the end of A Nintendo Direct in September

Page 4481 The box of the special edition is revealed...this sparked a theory dubbed The Box Theory, claiming that there would only be two characters left to be revealed

Page 5963 The Grinch leak emerges, splitting the community in two, on whether it's real or fake
Page 6988 The final Smash Ultimate Direct airs, announcing :ultken: and :ultincineroar:, with :ultpiranha: announced as a limited time free dlc character. Thus, the Grinch leak was proven false, and the Box Theory ended up being true

Page 8997 Joker gets announced as DLC at The Game Awards

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Right now?

Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Maker
Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X

None of these have been ported to Switch yet.
Oooooooo, I forgot about the two HD Zeldas and XCX. There's also ZombiU, because the versions without a Wii U gamepad kind of had no charm or uniqueness to them. And Pikmin 3 and Splatoon if you want that OG campaign.

Thinking about it now, I definitely think that in like 5-6 years the Wii U price will go way up. And those specific pieces of unique software are gonna get rare as hell. Really wish they'd release a physical copy of Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. When their servers go down that game stops existing.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Great, now I'm saddened that the Trophy gallery music from Brawl for the My Music menu is GONE! Well, at least I have Coin Launcher (Brawl) in there, always liked the track.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Alas, the end draws near for this thread. Twas a wild ride indeed.
So I heard there was a Smash Bros thread,
with leaks and memes that were all dead,
and DLCs and OMGs and booyahs.

Well it goes like this,
E3, Directs, yet even more leaks to inspect, when Inkling got in and people said boo yah.
Woomy, Booyah
Woomy, Booyah
Woomy, Booyah
Woomy, Booooyah

Well the characters were fun, I guess
There were opinions to express,
and fighting, and people saying “screw ya”
There were arguments, and blocking. Ew!
There may have been a ban or two,
But thread, I confess I hardly knew ya.

Woomy Booyah,
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Boooooyah

But this was fun, obviously
We had a great community,
and we had so much fun things to do, yeah

But baby, I’ve been here before
I’ve seen threads die with so much more
I’ve seen faster threads whose posts flew, yeah
But this thread was great to behold
More happiness than getting trolled
Purity for the most part just from you, yeah

Woomy Booyah
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Boooyah

So maybe this could be replaced,
The bad parts will soon be disgraced
But this was fun, and could be being more
So I hope, on car, on foot, on bike
You don’t forget to leave a like
And commemorate this thread. Yes you, ya

Woomy Booyah
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Booyah
Woomy Boooooooyah

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hope someone makes a documentary of this entire thread when it's over. Do we have any filmmakers in here?
Technically me, but I'm good.

Last time(s) I tried to make forum-specific videos at AllisBrawl they fell through. (There's a video of an animated me somewhere on Youtube though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom