• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In honor of this thread's final days, I decided to chronicle some of the most important events in it's history

Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread Timeline

Page 1 A thread discussing Smash Switch is opened
Page 405 Smash Switch gets officially announced in a Nintendo Direct, basically confirming :ultinkling: as a newcomer
Page 1539 Smash Ultimate is shown of at E3, announcing :ultdaisy: and :ultridley:
Page 2812 A Smash Direct take place, announcing :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: and :ultkrool:
Page 4937 :ultisabelle: gets announced at the end of A Nintendo Direct in September

Page 5963 The Grinch leak emerges, splitting the community in two, on whether it's real or fake
Page 6988 The final Smash Ultimate Direct airs, announcing :ultken: and :ultincineroar:, with :ultpiranha: announced as a limited time free dlc character. Thus, the Grinch leak was proven false

Page 8997 Joker gets announced as DLC at The Game Awards
Page 8944 I grace the thread with my awe-inspiring presence.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Incineroar wouldn't have anything unique about it and no one should beleive it's in when clearly Lycanroc would be Sakurai's pick. :V
bro he's total leak bait why would they choose incineroar over decidueye
You guys The owl and wolf are great picks we don't have any archers nor ANYONE with a counter.

:ultincineroar: would just be a :ultbowser:

(Okay I can't stop laughing)

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
For some reason, I think this song fits the mood of the thread.

Also, am I really going to be that one person who still hasn't played Ultimate yet after this is done? Not sure how to feel about that.

D

Deleted member

@GoldenYuiitusin

C'mon you and I know Decuieye has a TON of anime appearances. :4pacman:
Ash has a Lycanroc! Clearly that means Smash will have Lycanroc because of Greninja and the fact Robin got in over Chrom because Chrom wasn't unique and Incineroar isn't unique at all either!
Verge just has outdated info like Gematsu!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
For some reason, I think this song fits the mood of the thread.

Also, am I really going to be that one person who still hasn't played Ultimate yet after this is done? Not sure how to feel about that.
Iridium.

I like you, dude.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember when Incineroar was leak bait? :V
Joke: Grinch is Fake
Woke: Incineroar is Leakbait

Bespoke: Incineroar was postponed to DLC to make room for Banjo after Sakurai and Phil Spencer had lunch at E3

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I never even implied I would put other people in it, but ok. I have a crowd to please.
Oh ****.

That might be entirely my fault.

I'll just stay in timeout now.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's kind of funny that people complained about the amount of Pokémon characters when Incineroar was revealed, even though nobody complained about it during Smash 4.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh right. I remember now. I was :ultcorrinf: so I couldn't go with my preference, Severa Selena, and instead went with Jakob because he seemed to be the only one with whom Corrin actually made a genuine bond. But I wasn't crazy about it. Kana was cool though.

...I think. Or maybe it was Silas? Because he's just sad. Now I feel an urge to go get my 3DS and check my save file.
Since Silas shares the same voice actor as Pit/Pittoo...always marry Female Corrin off to him

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Bespoke: Incineroar was postponed to DLC to make room for Banjo after Sakurai and Phil Spencer had lunch at E3
masterstroke: smash ultimate is a hoax designed to draw our attention from super smash bros superb, an all-out brawler featuring all 2,940 nintendo characters and olimar

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Only one post a day keeps this thread's demise away. For a little while.
(miiverse flashbacks)
You guys The owl and wolf are great picks we don't have any archers

(Okay I can't stop laughing)
I know it's cool to hate on Decidueye now, but that point really doesn't work. Link, Pit, and their clones only use a bow for one of their attacks. Decidueye would use a bow for most of his attacks. Basically the difference between Samus and Megaman.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ash has a Lycanroc! Clearly that means Smash will have Lycanroc because of Greninja and the fact Robin got in over Chrom because Chrom wasn't unique and Incineroar isn't unique at all either!
Verge just has outdated info like Gematsu!
Dusk wolf = Ash Greninja

#facts #Noresearchnedded

(Whew LAWD that was rough)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's kind of funny that people complained about the amount of Pokémon characters when Incineroar was revealed, even though nobody complained about it during Smash 4.
That's because people were too busy complaining about too many Fire Emblemz to care about Pokemon's representation
What's new?
This thread is closing...

Press F to pay respects

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Toke: Incineroar was cut because he had a move where he made the ground shake. Isaac too. :V

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Guys, can we talk about Corrins design? I mean I'm okay with the design, but it feels like it's trying too hard to be "Cool". Such as the armor itself feeling like more of a mish-mash (Despite looking like a Skin-tight, armor hybrid outfit), the overused cape, the dragon eyes (Which no other royal has btw) , white hair, a chainsaw that's on fire and what's with the jester cuff collar around his neck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom