• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Currently, my best characters are:
:ultridley:
:ultshulk:
:ultganondorf:
:ultdarksamus:
:ultrichter:

I've been playing less of Ganon because of Ridley tbh, the anorexic dragon and Rule 63 Raven are basically my top of the top though that doesn't mean I forgot how to use the King of Disrespect.
Be aware there's a big gap between the top 3 and Dark Samus and an even bigger one to Richter.
Zelda and Ike are two characters I'm still trying to learn too.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Persona 4: Accept your inner shadows and grow as a person.
Persona 5: "Aight shadows if you don't shape the **** up, I've got a bullet with your name on it."

D

Deleted member

What are the conditions of joining the Plant Gang?

I hope it's not my immortal soul, I'm fresh out of it
You must suffer the loss of the thing you love most, preferably by dropping it off a cliff

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 5: "Aight shadows if you don't shape the **** up, I've got a bullet with your name on it."
Persona 4: Nobody can change you except you
Persona 5: Nobody can change you unless they have a magic app

PQ2 handled with rehabilitation a lot better, don't @ me

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My best 5 would have to be

1. :006:
2. :002:
3. :ultridley:
4. :007:
5. :ultbowser:/ :ultcorrin:

I'm not really that good at anyone else yet. I've been so busy trying to get the hang of Squirtle that I've barely experimented with the rest of the roster yet, although I'm starting to. I'll probably take Bowser and Corrin to quickplay this weekend and see which one I'm actually better at since even with Corrin's nerfs both characters feel really good to me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Plant didn't even come out yet and people already saying they're Plant mains smh my head....

I'm the only Plant main here.
Naw man, I will be the only Plant main...unless we share him

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Persona 4: Unlock your inherent power by overcoming your personal insecurities and anxieties.
Persona 5: RIP THAT ****ING MASK OFF YOUR FACE AND SHOW EM WHO'S BOSS

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)
Ooohoohoohoohoooooo. This is a question I can get behind.

"Don't Speak Her Name!" - FE: Awakening
Since everyone's probably going to pick the much more obvious "Twilight of the Gods", I'll pick this glaring omission. The buildup and emotion is so ****ing fantastic. I want to fight to this. Really badly.

"Shark Bytes" - Splatoon 2
The single best song from the Octo Expansion should be in this game. I can only assume its not due to timing. But who doesn't want to fight to this?

"Primordia (Day)" - Xenoblade Chronicles X
The severe lack of XCX (and Hiroyuki Sawano in general) is most disturbing. But I love the transition between the slower, more nonchalant part of the song with the grand scale, epic, leaping over giant fields in a Skell portion of the song. It really fits the only Xenoblade stage we have.

"Overworld (Remix)" - Super Mario Land
They added Daisy. But not the single best song from her game. What the ****. I would love for them to put in an orchestral mix that would befit the Super Mario Galaxy stage. Specifically this one.

"Opening Theme" - Sonic Mania
Sonic Mania only has one song in Smash. One song. And it's not even the best one. Unleashed doesn't have any at all, but the Generations version of Rooftop Run is better than the original anyway. Man, they really didn't pick anything from Sonic but all of the ones with vocals, huh?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Ooohoohoohoohoooooo. This is a question I can get behind.

"Don't Speak Her Name!" - FE: Awakening
Since everyone's probably going to pick the much more obvious "Twilight of the Gods", I'll pick this glaring omission. The buildup and emotion is so ****ing fantastic. I want to fight to this. Really badly.

"Shark Bytes" - Splatoon 2
The single best song from the Octo Expansion should be in this game. I can only assume its not due to timing. But who doesn't want to fight to this?

"Primordia (Day)" - Xenoblade Chronicles X
The severe lack of XCX (and Hiroyuki Sawano in general) is most disturbing. But I love the transition between the slower, more nonchalant part of the song with the grand scale, epic, leaping over giant fields in a Skell portion of the song. It really fits the only Xenoblade stage we have.

"Overworld (Remix)" - Super Mario Land
They added Daisy. But not the single best song from her game. What the ****. I would love for them to put in an orchestral mix that would befit the Super Mario Galaxy stage. Specifically this one.

"Opening Theme" - Sonic Mania
Sonic Mania only has one song in Smash. One song. And it's not even the best one. Unleashed doesn't have any at all, but the Generations version of Rooftop Run is better than the original anyway. Man, they really didn't pick anything from Sonic but all of the ones with vocals, huh?
when the shark bytes hits

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Here's an unironic suggestion for who Brave is:
MissingNo.

MissingNo.'s Japanese height is 1m, and its (JP as well) weight is 10kg. This would fit with the scale of other Pokemon characters

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
So, let's keep things simple.

4 Most Wanted DLC Characters anyone?

1. Doom Slayer
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Lloyd
4. Ryu Hayabusa

WHOOPS I'VE ADDED 5! MY BAD! SORRY Fulgore, BUT I'M CROSSING YOU OFF MY LIST!
1. Crash Bandicoot. (90's Mario vs Sonic vs Crash dream.)
2. Scorpion. (Mortal Kombat)
3. Banjo & Kazooie.
4. Black Shadow.

What is everyone's top 5 best characters
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
1. Ness.
2. King K. Rool.
3. Little Mac.
4. Cloud Strife.
5. Lucina.

D

Deleted member

What is everyone's top 5 best characters
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
Ooh, I love doing top lists! Here's mine:

1. Ganondorf
2. Wario
3. Dark Samus
4. K. Rool
5. Inkling

Oh, and on the topic of character design that got brought up earlier, here's some of my thoughts on that. I am by no means an expert and I am terrible at getting my thoughts across, but I do like talking about character design so here ya go:

IMO characters should be pleasing to the eye while also being easily understood as others here have posted. When you look at a character, you should be able to get a vibe for their personality and what they're all about in an instant. Shapes, colors, and proportions are also all things I personally think about when I think about the kinds of characters I like.

I would probably use Inkling as a way to show off what I like in character design, but TBH Noipoi Noipoi already did a fantastic job of describing what makes them great. So, I'll talk about Kirby instead:

The colors used on him are very appealing and play off of his primary pink color in an excellent way. They reflect the soft and cute nature of the character, while the round shape adds that extra bit of cuteness. The simple design is part of what makes him iconic and instantly recognizable, which is why I personally tend to like simpler character designs like this over overly elaborate ones that try to mix too many contrasting colors with a bunch of different odd shapes. Sometimes a character can be too busy and become an eyesore, but Kirby avoids that thanks to his simplicity and pleasantly mixed colors.

D

Deleted member

MissingNo.
H̡̭̙̗̦͈͟͝͞͞e̶̡̛͈͎̫̝̟̳̘̣̩͉̠'̴̩̗̩͎̩̱̞͟s̷̴̤͖̟̬͎̝͕̙̩̮͍̹̞̮͈̘͢͞ ̵̨̢͕̱͖̝i͍̟̪͍͚̱͇͟͡n̢͢͏͎͉͓̤̭͚ ̵͉̹̲͓̤̮͇̕b̴̴̴͢҉̬̤͍̠̮̬͚̻͇̤̻̥͍̻̙ơ̴̬̘͍̬̲̹͘͟ỳ̵̶̢̱͉̬͔̠̻̘̭͈̙̗͜s̵̸͙̞̞̗̲͇̯͘͘͜

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I'd be down for Nintendo vs Capcom. Far more than Sega since there's more Capcom franchises/characters I like.

osby

Smash Obsessed
MissingNo.

MissingNo.'s Japanese height is 1m, and its (JP as well) weight is 10kg. This would fit with the scale of other Pokemon characters
Go away Isabelle, Glitch Throne has a new owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom