• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, let's keep things simple.

4 Most Wanted DLC Characters anyone?

1. Doom Slayer
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Lloyd
4. Ryu Hayabusa

WHOOPS I'VE ADDED 5! MY BAD! SORRY Fulgore, BUT I'M CROSSING YOU OFF MY LIST!
I'll do something a little different and have a 1st and 3rd party list.

Third Party
1. Mega Man X/A 2nd Mega Man
2. Ryu Hayabusa (an actually realistic choice this game)
3. Jin Kazama
4. Sub-Zero or Terry Bogard, both are equal wants from me.

First Party
1. Sylux
2. Dixie
3. Elma
4. Chibi-Robo

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)
1. Hissocrat ~ Super Mario 3D World
This would be perfect on either 3D Land (3DS) or New Donk City Hall (Ultimate)

2. Special Stage ~ Yoshi’s Woolly World
I think this would fit Yoshi’s Story (Melee)

3. Lorule Castle ~ The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
I would love to hear this on Temple (Melee)

4. Twilight of the Gods ~ Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Imagine fighting to this on Arena Ferox (3DS)

5. Boss Fight 2 ~ Kid Icarus Uprising
It would sound amazing on Reset Bomb Forest (3DS)

Bonus: Main Theme ~ Sushi Strikers: The Way of Sushido
Don’t lie this would be perfect on Moray Towers (Ultimate)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
What is everyone's top 5 best characters
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
I really haven’t played this enough to even have a top 5...
I’ve practiced mostly with Mii Swordfighter and R.O.B. but even then I haven’t practiced much.

D

Deleted member

Not related to Smash but, what do you guys like in a character? I'm a game design student and I'm currently studying on character design. If possible, can you guys give me some examples too? Thanks in advance.
That's an insanely difficult question to answer. Any answers we give you would only be a portion of the gaming community at large, so while it would appeal to some of us, it wouldn't to others and may not be the route you want to take.

Still, if you want that input...
I like someone who can be a bit of a smart-***, but completely aware of reality and what needs to be done; willing to do what others wont or delve into a more morally grey area because life isn't just black and white when it comes to rules. One of may favorite characters in an RPG that I've played was Yuri from Tales of Vesperia for example.

At the same time, the smart-butt jokester is starting to become more and more common, making it less appealing since its not as novel anymore, so...it's a delicate balance.

EDIT: I was thinking more personality wise for your question; after reading a few other posts, it seems you were looking for 'overall'; my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
Hmm not certain, but the five characters I am having the most fun with:

:ultwolf:
:ultpichu:
:ultsnake:
:ultdoc:
:ultridley:

Honorable mentions: :ultkrool::ultdarksamus::ultfalco::ultrob::ultdaisy::ultzelda::ultrichter::ultdk::ultganondorf:
Starting to get a feel of: :ultfox::ultpokemontrainer::ultpalutena::ultzss::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultjigglypuff::ultryu:
Don't like compared to previous games: :ultfalcon::ultmarth:
Neutral: The rest

osby

Smash Obsessed
Somebody likes villains/antiheros
Just because you reminded me: How many characters in Smash are both anti-heros/villains and also protagonists of their game/series? I can only think up Bayo and Wario.

D

Deleted member

Just because you reminded me: How many characters in Smash are both anti-heros/villains and also protagonists of their game/series? I can only think up Bayo and Wario.
:ultmewtwo: in a weird sort of way

Pakky

Smash Hero
:ultdk: or:ultmario:or:ultluigi: depending on how you look at it.

:ultinkling: (agent 3 is a monster) (I'mma gon steal OUR power back from THOSE people so I can have smoothies on the weekends! WOOMY!)

Octoling society falls apart.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wolf plays an anti-hero role in Assault if that counts? He helps Fox more than fights him.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ESPECIALLY LIGHTNING CHARIOT BASE WHAT DID THEY DO TO THAT SONG

Edit: It sounds like DS midi
Maybe the remixes are why there’s no new KI songs in Smash...Sakurai had to protect his new children
Not related to Smash but, what do you guys like in a character? I'm a game design student and I'm currently studying on character design. If possible, can you guys give me some examples too? Thanks in advance.
Literally everything about Pit is perfection. From his noble heroism and warrior pride to his charismatic and energetic like personality to match up with his young macho anime male body and illiteracy...w

...9000/10 character right here
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
1. :ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit:
2. :ultinkling:
3. :ultsonic:
4. :ultdarkpit:
5. a weird miltiple tie between :ulttoonlink:/:ultlink:/:ultchrom:/:ultdoc:/:ultduckhunt:/:ultrosalina:/:ultpiranha:/:ultpalutena:/:ultmario:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd argue Joker and Snake count as well

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultmewtwo: in a weird sort of way
:ultdk: or:ultmario:or:ultluigi: depending on how you look at it.

:ultinkling: (agent 3 is a monster) (I'mma gon steal OUR power back from THOSE people so I can have smoothies on the weekends! WOOMY!)

Octoling society falls apart.
Wolf plays an anti-hero role in Assault if that counts? He helps Fox more than fights him.
I'd argue Joker and Snake count as well
Thanks for the inputs. (Also I guess Dark Pit should also count)

I never gave them much thought, but for some reason Ultimate made me appreciate the not-morally-upright characters in the roster more; so it was on mind for a while.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
>Joker
>Anti-Hero/Antagonist

That'd fit
Akechi
more than anything else.
Protagonist, not antagonist
Akechi will probably fit that role once canonical spinoffs start dropping tho

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
>Joker
>Anti-Hero/Antagonist

That'd fit
Akechi
more than anything else.
Joker isn't technically a criminal but he uses morally questionable methods to dodge the law and punish the people who are worse than him. I think he was at least designed to be something close to a gentleman thief like Arsène Lupin, a kind of anti-hero.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
@Blackmage Kuja Thank you! I understand that its impossible to create a character that appeals to everyone, there will always be people that dislike something others like and vice versa. A character that strives away from the usual "Good guy and Bad guy" territory is always interesting to see, mostly because they tend to think more like an actual human. We always try to go against the system in games. These characters have so much freedom to do as they want that they can sort of make us envy them. While we are stuck trying to save the world as the hero, they are doing what is better for them, without having to follow a set of rules.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
1. Little Mac
2. King Dedede
3. K. Rool
4. Lucina
5. Ryu

I want to practice more with Incineroar, but I keep getting distracted trying to perfect my Mac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom