• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah I'd be down for Nintendo vs Capcom. Far more than Sega since there's more Capcom franchises/characters I like.
Yeah but how is Kazuma going to bash Mario's face in with a ****ing stop sign in a Capcom crossover

...actually now that I think about it what are the chances of Kazuma DLC?

D

Deleted member

Here’s mine...
1. Any good Kid Icarus Uprising song ripped straight from the game and not remixed. All the Kid Icarus Uprising remixes are literal trash and completely awful no one can change mine and you all have to agree with me.

2. Crystal teardrops- castlevania sotn
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLmK6qOLXps

3. It has to be this way- metal gear rising
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2v5jdAk7EKY

4. Star fox assault title screen
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Ap43W1cfM

5. Hospital- earthbound
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=61XBpz5WiTQ

Sorry if some of the links aren’t good, my school blocks videos but not YouTube
Did you copypasta your comment like 3-4 pages ago?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What is everyone's top 5 best characters
Mine are
1 Pikachu
2 Ike
3 Pichu
4 Inkling
5 Peach/Daisy
1. :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:
2. :ultike:
3. :ultfalcon:
4. :ultridley:
5. :ultlucina:

Still working on getting my Ridley to the level where I want him to be, with new characters I always start out strong, then hit a slump, and eventually overcome it and come out of it all better than before. He's on the up atm, so I don't think it'll be long before I can call him my best character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I meant a tier list type top 5 but y'all's idea is better
1 R.O.B
2 Little Mac
3 Toon link
4 Sonic
5 Rosalina

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultgnw::ultpacman: (my headcanon is now affecting others, YES!)

:ultmarth::ultolimar: ('Married life? Am I right?' lol I love this)

:ultpeach::ultzelda: (Spunky and cute)

:ultwiifittrainer::ultgreninja:(Pose Pose!)

:ultsonic::ultisabelle: (Precious and fun)
Forgot about :ultbayonetta::ultincineroar: because Incineroar loves children and Bayo can turn into a panther. It's a match made in hell heaven.

Also :ultpacman::ultgnw: is the best headcanon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My 5 best characters? Well, I'm not great at all but it'd go like this.

1. :ultmegaman:
2. :ultridley:
3.:ultryu:
4. :ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:
5.:ultganondorf:

I've used Zamus, Ike, Daisy and Simon a fair bit, but none are near my best.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
now i'm not saying this wouldn't be the funniest post-direct fallout since the last direct we had, but it would totally be the funniest post-direct fallout since the last direct we had

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So I was bored (waiting in the lab for my measurements to finish) so I decided to start a little thing.

You see, everyone keeps asking for peoples top-5 characters for smash, but there is a much more important question:
The top-5 SONGS that should be in smash.

For me, it goes a bit like this:

1. Dialga's Fight to the Finish (PMD2) https://youtu.be/wy9VvdaLuSs

2. Battle!! (Torna: the Golden Country) https://youtu.be/uRtAbX2-f3A

3. Rundas Battle (Metroid Prime 3) https://youtu.be/6nMFLquJeCc

4. Ghost Fight (Undertale) https://youtu.be/Zz1bfhtKsHM

5. VS Joe (Pokémon Battle Revolution) https://youtu.be/yp5XpFJHqzU

(6. Mt. Pyre peak, Pokémon Emerald, https://youtu.be/TEtlhq1PxI4)
Keeping it to franchises represented by playable characters:

1. Mind of a Thief (Mother 3). One of the best themes in the game for the best party member.

2. Twoson (Boy Meets Girl) (Earthbound). My favorite town theme.

3. Quiet's Theme (Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain). Just imagine this song on Shadow Moses...

4. Yakou Mori (Xenoblade Chronicles X). Man, they really did X dirty in Ultimate. The lack of Hiroyuki Sawano music is just appalling.

5. Dire, Dire Docks (Super Mario 64). One of the most legendary Mario songs. Seriously, why has this not been added yet?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
now i'm not saying this wouldn't be the funniest post-direct fallout since the last direct we had, but it would totally be the funniest post-direct fallout since the last direct we had

Thank god this is fake. Please just no Overwatch(do people still play that) or anything Blizzard in this game.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Cue to me having a choking fit while drinking hot coffee.
Forgot about :ultbayonetta::ultincineroar: because Incineroar loves children and Bayo can turn into a panther. It's a match made in hell heaven.

Also :ultpacman::ultgnw: is the best headcanon.
:ultpacman:: So, well, you have asked me this six times already friend

:ultgnw:: Beep, beep!

:ultpacman:: Okay well ghost have different flavors depending on which one you eat. Like say Red ones like Blinky for example are like Spicy Curry, while those Purple Pocket Monster ones taste like a weird tangy grape.

:ultgnw::Beep Beep beep?

:ultpacman:: Pikmin Souls? Good Lord sir we don't do that anymore!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cue to me having a choking fit while drinking hot coffee.

:ultpacman:: So well you have asked me this six times already friend

:ultgnw:: Beep, beep!

:ultpacman:: Okay well ghost have different flavors depending on which one you eat. Like say Red ones like Blinky for example is like Spicy Curry, while Those Purple Pocket Monster ones taste like a weird tangy grape.

:ultgnw::Beep Beep beep?

:ultpacman:: Pikmin Souls? Good Lord sir we don't do that anymore!
This thread never fails to come up with the greatest stuff ever

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You fool, Thanos created the Plant gang to cope with the loss of Gamora, this is commom knowledge

I am shocked and disgusted at the mere prospect of multiple people using the same character in a fighting game, smh my head
Wouldn’t doing a double shake to your head hurt?

And only one of them has even a reasonable chance.
Celica or Jill?

D

Deleted member

5 Good Co-Workers list, GO!

:ultbayonetta::ultzss:

:ultwario::ultkrool:

:ultken::ultryu:

:ultmetaknight::ultwolf:

:ultridley::ultmewtwo:
:ultinkling::ultsamus: Master and apprentice relationship. Agent 3 tags along on missions to learn from Samus, and also because they think her weapons and gear are fresh.
:ultluigi::ultkingdedede: They've become bros since SSE. Ness tags along sometimes.
:ultfalcon::ultsonic: FAST BROS. Constantly racing each other.
:ultkirby::ultpiranha: Both love food and naps.
:ultganondorf::ultridley: Cunning, wicked beings that scheme about how they'll destroy and conquer the whole roster.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think Tracer would be fun. Might just be me, but i’m a fan of Overwatch and think the character would fit.

That said, I don’t think it’s happening.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Celica or Jill?
Jill.

Opossum Opossum will disagree with me, but I don't see Celica having a chance. We got five FE characters over the course of two games and Celica was the co-star of a 3DS game released two years ago that somewhat underperformed internationally and is very unlikely to ever get a direct sequel. She had a chance to be in the main game, but as DLC, I don't see it.

Resident Evil, however, is Capcom's best selling franchise by a large margin, has significant Nintendo ties (with RE:Rev 1 & 2 both available on Switch now, RE7 available in Japan and REmake & RE:0 ports on the way) and is the main moneymaker franchise they're relying on in 2019. I think it's likely that Capcom will get one of the DLC spots, and what they'll want is a toss-up among Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright. I'd take any RE protagonist, honestly. Jill just resonates most with me when I think Nintendo, since the REmake was my first RE game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd love Overwatch in Smash but I'd like to have the actual game on the Switch first or I'll go back to playing Paladins to dab on Blizzard.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'd love Overwatch in Smash but I'd like to have the actual game on the Switch first or I'll go back to playing Paladins to dab on Blizzard.
I would only get it on Switch if they'd let me transfer all the stats and **** I've already unlocked playing the game for two and a half years.

Since they won't, though, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom