• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What the hell is with Dante’s hair?
It's Nero, the guy from DMC 4. Who needed a new style anyway since his old hair was too similar to Dante.

Is this a new Mega Man?

I hate these gritty, realistic reboots. Didn't they learn from Bomberman?/s
It'll be better than Mighty No. 9 at least.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
So, lemme see what we know about "Brave":
- Codenamed "Brave" in the files.
- Average run speed/jump height/weight.
- Slides when turning after running.
- Appears to be shorter than Luigi.

My guesses for why they slide are: They carry something heavy for their size/they float instead of walking/they have wheels/they run a lot.

This "Brave" character seems to move really smoothly based on that clip. I already like their movement.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Is this a new Mega Man?

I hate these gritty, realistic reboots. Didn't they learn from Bomberman?/s
There actually was going to be a darker reboot of Mega Man X called "Maverick Hunter", but it actually looked promising. It would've been developed by Armature Studio, the company founded by a bunch of ex-Metroid Prime developers, and was an FPS with fast movement and over-the-top action, not too dissimilar from the critically acclaimed DOOM reboot from a few years ago. Now, whether it would've achieved the same quality and polish as DOOM is debatable, but it actually might've been a good game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What’s with people saying a Direct won’t happen tomorrow?

Don’t get me wrong, I am 50/50 on it happening, but tweets about games do not disconfirm a Direct, guys.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
There actually was going to be a darker reboot of Mega Man X called "Maverick Hunter", but it actually looked promising. It would've been developed by Armature Studio, the company founded by a bunch of ex-Metroid Prime developers, and was an FPS with fast movement and over-the-top action, not too dissimilar from the critically acclaimed DOOM reboot from a few years ago. Now, whether it would've achieved the same quality and polish as DOOM is debatable, but it actually might've been a good game.
Megaman X is already a darker reboot of the classic Megaman. X ******* dies and gets his corpse left in a desert in one of the bad endings.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So everyone's thoughts on the Erdrick/Doomslayer/Ryu Hayabusa/Steve leak? Real or fake and why?

I'm 50/50 with low expectations since it seemed the Grinch leak supposedly was legit.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So everyone's thoughts on the Erdrick/Doomslayer/Ryu Hayabusa/Steve leak? Real or fake and why?

I'm 50/50 with low expectations since it seemed the Grinch leak supposedly was legit.
Erdrick is like 89% gonna happen, but the other three i'm not so sure. It's another text leak, so unless things start lining up i'm not gonna believe it.

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord

I think it's Fake. What makes me think this is the fact that there are no 1st party characters in this leak, which is very suspicious. I bet this leak was just some random dude disguising his wishlist as a leak.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

Nothing really going for it so far beyond the very likely possibility of Erdrick and the fact that insiders have mentioned it yet not shot it down, with some thinking it might honestly be legit. My guess is it gets Erdrick right which means some insiders are curious about it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You’re saying that like they never put things in Directs that we already know about. :p

Technically speaking, we won’t know if there isn’t a direct until tomorrow, since they usually do reveal them only the day prior. Not saying that the rumors are specifically true, but we just don’t know.
Exactly! Plus, like I said, the Kirby and Yoshi games are just two games. There are many more games that are being worked on right now, some which may be announced during the Direct for the first time. Not trying to be optimistic here, but two games already dated is hardly a disconfirmation of a Direct.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
they added Zelda 2 and some tank game with gray metroids called Blaster Master to the NES Online.

where's my Earthbound Beginnings, Kirby's Adventure, and the game of the year, Super Mario Bros. 2?!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I feel like it's fake...

Why does this person know every single thing about these characters, including the games they're promoting?...

That, and Doomslayer seems a bit unlikely, tbh with you

That being said, It's like my dream DLC list. I'm hoping that it's real...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
they added Zelda 2 and some tank game with gray metroids called Blaster Master to the NES Online.

where's my Earthbound Beginnings, Kirby's Adventure, and the game of the year, Super Mario Bros. 2?!
"some tank game"
BOI

Famicon online also gets Joy Mech Fight.

Why the **** can't we get that game too? I hope I can just donwload the Japanese version of the app to play it. Still, I shouldn't have to do that. Even worse is that instead of replacing the game, everyhwere outside of Japan just gets one less game.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Noipoi's March Direct idea seems a lot more likely now. They're just outlining their winter and early spring line-up through tweets at this point, lol.
Also more the reason to believe if in March we'll get Smash news involving possibility that next DLC announcement or at least a tease.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sukapon is too much of a pimp for us filthy gaijins.
Except it would have been perfect to release JMF internationally now with Sukapon as an assist in Ultimate.

I demand justice for the comedian Rayman-Mega Man hybrid.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
"some tank game"
BOI

Famicon online also gets Joy Mech Fight.

Why the **** can't we get that game too? I hope I can just donwload the Japanese version of the app to play it. Still, I shouldn't have to do that. Even worse is that instead of replacing the game, everyhwere outside of Japan just gets one less game.
Yeah. If they wan't to keep things equal, we should've gotten Startropics or another game that never released in Japan.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Noipoi's March Direct idea seems a lot more likely now. They're just outlining their winter and early spring line-up through tweets at this point, lol.
I mean, it's also worth noting that the first general direct of last year was in March (Ya know, the one that revealed Smash Ultimate?)... I always expected the direct to be in March

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Wait so I know people starting talking about Erdrick again due to the "brave" character file leak, but where did the leak of the other three characters come from?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just hope there's a little more to Crafted World than just Baby Bowser and Kamek, like a secret villain that isn't adult Bowser :yoshi:
I never got why Baby Bowser had to be the villain in every Yoshi game. I know it's sorta tradition, but maybe you could give Yoshi a slightly different threat?
Kirby gets tons of different villains, why does Yoshi get the same guy everytime?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I never got why Baby Bowser had to be the villain in every Yoshi game. I know it's sorta tradition, but maybe you could give Yoshi a slightly different threat?
Kirby gets tons of different villains, why does Yoshi get the same guy everytime?
The villain should be Baby Bowser but in a Marx robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom