• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to nominate my own thread for the one with the most amount of time wasted on it.

For some reason, I thought it'd be a great idea to add gifs to every part of the movesets to better illustrate them.
Like a dumb-ass.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Akira Toriyama basically has a Cinematic Universe (or Comic Universe if you will...)

And even in Sand Land, Dragon Quest is a game in the first few panels...

So long story short, Erdrick getting in is basically de facto Dragon Ball content getting in. I can logic good

:yoshi:
I dememd an actual Toriyama Cinematic Universe to happen in the theaters right ****ing now

Iridium

Smash Hero
On an unrelated note, I don't know how many times I unironically hoped for the t-pose glitch to return for whatever reason, and then I find this.

Let me play the game already, fate.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I would shill threads, but the only two I own are for an unpopular AT and a Gen 7 Pokemon. I have nothing to shill.

Until Gen 8 is annonced.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So wait, "brave" is shorter than Luigi and slides when he turns around?

Or am I messing info up?
Nah, the size are modifiers to a character's model so we won't know the actual size until we have the model, which, obviously would be when he got released which would render this all moot.

D

Deleted member

You guys should just, like, play any Etrian Odyssey game and then you'd all realize how much any of its classes can bring such fun movesets to Smash.
Immivable Wall shield user? Protectors.
Spear user with self-damage? Highlanders.
Transformation fighter who focuses on maintaining a powered up state? Fafnir.
Katana wielders with stance mechanic? Ronins.
Status-inflicting with curses? Hexers.
Gun-wielders with anything from piercing bullets to ricochet fests? Gunners.
A damn bear? Beasts.
Beastmasters capable of summoning monsters? Wildlings.
BFSs that make Cloud look like Young Link? Imperials.
Combo masters capable of shutting down opponents? Pugilists.
Scythe users with the abilit to debuff? Harbingers.
Dual swords? Shoguns.
Quadruple swords? Masuraos.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yall are joking if you think I'm even going to be thinking about Yoshi when DMC5 releases on March 8 and Sekiro releases March 22.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'd like to nominate my own thread for the one with the most amount of time wasted on it.

For some reason, I thought it'd be a great idea to add gifs to every part of the movesets to better illustrate them.
Like a dumb-***.
I’m gonna have to stop you there. I’ve checked out the thread before and it’s pretty well put together from what I’ve seem. Way better than what I can ever do.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and um...

Yeah, I'd say odds for a Direct this week just lowered substantially. They wouldn't be pushing this out alongside launch info if they were gonna do a Direct like a day or two later, and Crafted World needing more info given on it was one of the big things pointing towards a Direct.

Late January or February Direct looking a lot more likely now, IMO.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't have a particular thread to shill for, but I'll shill for Mega Man X some more.

Also Fulgore, the best Rare character.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’m gonna have to stop you there. I’ve checked out the thread before and it’s pretty well put together from what I’ve seem. Way better than what I can ever do.
Too well put together.

It's so dense, there's spoilers in spoilers in spoilers in-
over and over.gif

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, I'd say odds for a Direct this week just lowered substantially. They wouldn't be pushing this out alongside launch info if they were gonna do a Direct like a day or two later, and Crafted World needing more info given on it was one of the big things pointing towards a Direct.

Late January or February Direct looking a lot more likely now, IMO.
I'm thinkin late January or March. I'm pretty sure February will be reserved for Pokemon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm thinkin late January or March. I'm pretty sure February will be reserved for Pokemon.
I'm gonna say late January...

I feel like March could possibly be the time we get a Smash DLC direct showing off Joker, and announcing "Brave"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom