• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ah yes how could we forget such classics as:
“Waluigi’s Apartment”
“Waluigi’s Taco Stand”
and of course “Waluigi’s Bridal Boutique”

Clearly Nintendo has been neglecting that series far too long.
I still want Waluigi's Wrecking Crew.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
From my one and only character I've managed to barely inch into elite, it's currently 2.8 mil.
Well dang, I've already hit the 2.8 million mark, so I must be just a win or two away from making it.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Technically 3 cuz Erdrick seems to be all but confirmed.
I know Bionichute already said this, but that is not what technically means.
I was responding to someone that said that there are 4 more characters that to need to be shown off for the first time.

However, if Erdrick does shown up, it doesn’t carry that same effect since we’ve known that he was coming for some time. That’s what’s I mean. Erdrick may have not been revealed yet, but in reality, there’s really only 3 characters that we don’t know about since Erdrick was in the leak train for some time now and the majority of people who know about Erdrick are simply waiting for him to get shown.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Just played through Ultimate and enjoyed every second of it. What's this? Is this the VA topic still going? Ok, I'm going to go crazy with it. "breathes deeply"

It seems like the villains barely get any voice lines usually grunts, yells and weird sounds; except for only 1: Wolf

So I decide why not I list some prominent voice actors that could lend their roles well as these characters. That sounds fun.

Clancy Brown(using his Lex Luthor voice) or James Horan(Skullface from MGS V) as Ganondorf
Robert Englund(using his Scarecrow voice from Injustice 2) as Ridley
Charlie Adler(as the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken) as King. K. Rool
Kevin Michael Richardson (His Crunch voice from Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex) as Bowser
Pamela Aldon (Hmm, I dunno, Otto from Time Squad? Who remembers that show?) as Bowser Jr.
Steve Blum (his usual Wolverine voice) as Wolf; sorry VA who played Wolf in Ultimate and Starlink, you're good but you're not Steve Blum
Dana Snyder(Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) or Tom Kenny(Ice King or Scoutmaster Lumpus from Camp Lazlo) as King Dedede
Corey Burton(His Brainiac voice from Superman: TAS) or Jeffery Combs(Brainiac in Injustice 2) as Mewtwo

I'm actually cringing you guys as I'm writing this...I at least want to be specific.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I was responding to someone that said that there are 4 more characters that to need to be shown off for the first time.

However, if Erdrick does shown up, it doesn’t carry that same effect since we’ve known that he was coming for some time. That’s what’s I mean. Erdrick may have not been revealed yet, but in reality, there’s really only 3 characters that we don’t know about since Erdrick was in the leak train for some time now and the majority of people who know about Erdrick are simply waiting for him to get shown.
yeah i get what you meant but thats still not what technically means

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just played through Ultimate and enjoyed every second of it. What's this? Is this the VA topic still going? Ok, I'm going to go crazy with it. "breathes deeply"

It seems like the villains barely get any voice lines usually grunts, yells and weird sounds; except for only 1: Wolf

So I decide why not I list some prominent voice actors that could lend their roles well as these characters. That sounds fun.

Clancy Brown(using his Lex Luthor voice) or James Horan(Skullface from MGS V) as Ganondorf
Kevin Michael Richardson (His Crunch voice from Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex) as Bowser
Pamela Aldon (Hmm, I dunno, Otto from Time Squad? Who remembers that show?) as Bowser Jr.
Steve Blum (his usual Wolverine voice) as Wolf; sorry VA who played Wolf in Ultimate and Starlink, you're good but you're not Steve Blum
Dana Snyder(Master Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) or Tom Kenny(Ice King or Scoutmaster Lumpus from Camp Lazlo) as King Dedede
Corey Burton(His Brainiac voice from Superman: TAS) or Jeffery Combs(Brainiac in Injustice 2) as Mewtwo

I'm actually cringing you guys as I'm writing this...I at least want to be specific.
Damn, some of these choices are really good.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyone else think D.C. Douglas (Wesker-Resident Evil, Gharnef-Fire Emblem) would fit either :ultganondorf: or :ultmewtwo:?

If any of these Nintendo properties were to be made into modern Western cartoons I could see a lot of these choices working.

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
Would D.C. Douglas (Wesker-Resident Evil, Gharnef-Fire Emblem) fit either :ultganondorf: or :ultmewtwo:?

If any of these Nintendo properties were to me made into modern Western cartoons I could see a lot of these choices working.
Ganondorf at best.

I'd just heard the voice lines of Gharnef from FEH, and man, he almost sounds like Emperor Palpatine.

Mewtwo has more of a computer like artificial intelligence flair, which he supposedly would be a rather smart and calculating villain.
Ganondorf is a maniac mad king who wants to control the entire universe type. He only cares for himself. Kinda like Dr. Doom.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I agree but there's also no way for these type of characters to make sensible DLC choices.
I agree that more obscure characters are harder to sell than recognizable ones, but there's also a section of buyers who just buy to have extra characters in Smash. A big example of this is Corrin; no one in the west really had any tie to him due to being from a then unreleased game, but he still sold fairly well.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm back in Elite Smash with Pokemon Trainer for all zero of you guys who care.

Now to go fix my abysmal Ridley GSP.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Greninja's VA is named Billy Bob Thompson. I'm sure he's a normal guy, but I need Redneck Greninja now.
the va also voices Red in this game...the Smash 4 Fox voice of Smash Ultimate

Noipoi

Howdy!
Isn't non-Smash Mewtwo voiced like a chick?
In the Genesect movie, but that's canonically a different Mewtwo. Most portrayals of Mewtwo and the Mewtwo we know are voiced by a man, though Mewtwo doesn't have a gander.

Brush up on your Pokemon lore, scrub.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Hey all! Haven’t been here in a while, but with the rumors about DLC characters, I was thinking about my own personal desires...this is what I came up with.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
SC United is damn insane. Salem's Link is smooth.

ZeRo also crashed out. King of Smash no more!

Hbox and Vic commentator duo is blessed. Please put them more often.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imagine Darin De Paul voicing another Nintendo villain...

I’m honestly having trouble deciding who he’d fit best

the va also voices Red in this game...the Smash 4 Fox voice of Smash Ultimate
Yeah I kinda wish Bryce Papenbrook returned as Red, I thought he did a pretty decent job.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imagine Darin De Paul voicing another Nintendo villain...

I’m honestly having trouble deciding who he’d fit best
Honestly I always thought he'd make an awesome Medeus...and then he ended up voicing Duma, lol.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
This "X character is not influential/iconic" argument is pretty weak and only good for gate keeping.

I can't. That's ridiculous, you can't make a Smash character with 2 animations.

It's been going for, uh, almost ten years now. I think we can safely say it at least had staying power, like PAC-MAN.
Trust me, this isn't a case of 'this is a character I don't like so I don't want them'. I utterly despise Bowser Jr. and always have but even before he was announced I said he'd be a good character due to popularity and potential...and I still despise him (thank god for Koopaling alts..)

Oh, you can. It won't be fun to watch, but you can. I mean, they managed to make Minecraft work with a character that only has 2 animations and if all of Steve's potential moves are pulled from just base Minecraft and none of the spin-off titles, then every action he would do in Minecraft would have been accomplished with just those two animations. Sakurai tends to try to make characters 'feel' like they do in their home series (or at least claims to try to), so I could see him doing so with Steve in order to make him still act/feel like he does in Minecraft. If Steve gets in, I hope I'm wrong, but I could still see it..

I guess but its definitely on its way out now, there wasn't that much hype for its release on Switch and most of its player base have moved on to new games. Interest in it is waning. Yeah, it could be comparable to Pac-Man, but that remains to be seen so far, we'll have to see if its still getting releases and the like in 20 years for that. As a series though, its a one-hit wonder..at least Pac-Man has a couple different releases that had critical acclaim like Ms. Pac-Man (even if it was unofficial at first by way of Midway) and the two Pac-Man Championship Edition games.

All of that said, I do hope I'm wrong and that Minecraft Dungeons succeeds. Hopefully Sakurai pulls from Minecraft Dungeons if he makes a Minecraft character so that they can have more move potential and definitely more animation potential.

I still hate the art direction of Minecraft though..its so hideous..that one is totally my biased against the art direction though..

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey all! Haven’t been here in a while, but with the rumors about DLC characters, I was thinking about my own personal desires...this is what I came up with.

More Pizza content is always a nice surprise. :p

Definitely think there are a ton of solid picks on here, especially given your self-imposed limitations you detailed at the start of it. It really just shows how many great third party options are left.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I don’t necessarily desire Minecraft content in the game, but I would be okay with it - May even get me to check the game out (closest thing I’ve played to it is DQ Builders). Would be interested to see how the team implements the character.

Feel more or less the same about Yuri - To me, that is just another JRPG guy after we got 2 others that are more unique, classic and stylized. I am definately not familiar with the series and he probably isn’t that generalized JRPG guy (...and I have the fighter pass so I already bought it and would def try him out, maybe try the series depending) but I would feel a bit burned by that pick after 2 similar genre fighters personally.

Also, there is an interview with Pete Hines over at Bethesda where the interviewer is ending the discussion and asks if Nintendo has contacted Bethesda about smash and his answer was “yeah” (if that’s true and not another fighter, Bethesda has a bunch of IP that could make great Mii costumes)

D

Deleted member

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey... Hey.... Hey.... hey... hey..

Um guys?

what are your mains?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
SC United is damn insane. Salem's Link is smooth.

ZeRo also crashed out. King of Smash no more!

Hbox and Vic commentator duo is blessed. Please put them more often.
Can't blame ZeRo for losing to the two Peaches. She can be suffocating if she gets her hands on you and both players were great at making use of that, she'll probably be a strong high/top tier threat once she gets further refined.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hahaha my Ridley GSP just overtook my Pokemon Trainer GSP and got into Elite Smash in only about an hour. I can't even use his recovery right 100% of the time and that still happened.

That was fun. I should switch up characters more often. Ganondorf is really fun in this game, maybe I'll play him next.

Great video! Very well done, i particularly like the editing, nice choice of footage for every character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom