• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Don't forget,
Makoto is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
Makoto is voiced by Cherami Leigh
I can't believe Makoto is Marth and Caeda at the same time.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Now that Everyone is discussing voice actors all of a sudden: anyone else hoping Joker gets to do his own victory screen? Or maybe the countdown for his Battles?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, there's always a Matt Mercer fighter.

Put Yusuke, Chrom, Jotaro, whoever, really.

**** it, throw in a Sean Schemmel game too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

**** it, throw in a Sean Schemmel game too.
I’d feel really sorry for

A. Whoever’s in charge of securing the licenses
B. The voice actor tasked with voicing the ENTIRE roster of a fighting game

Games like those sound more like curses than blessings...

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want Dan Green in that crossover!

We can have Knuckles, Yugi and some guy from a hentai all in the same game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’d feel really sorry for

A. Whoever’s in charge of securing the licenses
B. The voice actor tasked with voicing the ENTIRE roster of a fighting game
tbf matt mercer's video game characters have the range of that 1 chrom voice and mccree

love him really

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
So now that probably every character is revealed, can we finally close the book on Smash Ultimate speculation for good?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Why did the matchmaking suddenly start sucking more? I was always being put into rulesets that were super similar or exactly what I preferred, but now the game decides to put me into 3 Stock matches that are 3 minutes long with stages that have hazards on with items on.

I'm pretty darn sure that there are thousands of people that have the same rulesets as me, yet the game insists on matching me with people that have rulesets that are nothing like mine.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
On this topic of VAs, have you ever sat and listened to some characters and tried to see if you recognize the voices?

I think that's one of the things that annoys me most with Laura Bailey - she really does a good job for her characters, but she's in most of the games I play so I'm always seeing Serana/Pyrrha/Lucina in every game...

Matt Mercer's great though. I don't recognize him in the slightest from Deadshot in Injustice, but there are a few Chrom lines (not all of them) that make me smile and go "MacCready!" Also Lyn from Smash Bros is 100% Lani Minella's voice for Ivy, so that's funny as well. Same voice used for various Dunmer in Skyrim, but there it doesn't sound right.

Last edited:

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
people don't react well to something they are unfamiliar with, don't care about, or feels 'promotional' to them

Granblue getting into Smash would be Corrin 2.0, let's face it
You have to give Granblue some credit. It is stylistic. Corrin manages to squander being a half-dragon with a chainsaw. HOW DO YOU MAKE A LAME HALF-DRAGON WITH A CHAINSAW?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Matt Mercer voiced Chrom and Ryoma in FE Warriors.

The two have a support conversation.

He actually makes them sound distinct.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
TFW Lani does Lucas' voice again for memes yet he still has his old Brawl voice clips

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
On this topic of VAs, have you ever sat and listened to some characters and tried to see if you recognize the voices?

I think that's one of the things that annoys me most with Laura Bailey - she really does a good job for her characters, but she's in most of the games I play so I'm always seeing Serana/Pyrrha/Lucina in every game...

Matt Mercer's great though. I don't recognize him in the slightest from Deadshot in Injustice, but there are a few Chrom lines (not all of them) that make me smile and go "MacCready!" Also Lyn from Smash Bros is 100% Lani Minella's voice for Ivy, so that's funny as well. Same voice used for various Dunmer in Skyrim, but there it doesn't sound right.
Oh definitely, I look into voice acting stuff all the time. For the longest time I didn’t know David Vincent voiced :ultrichter: in the remakes of Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night and I was pleasantly surprised to hear Keith Silverstein return as :ultsimon: from Judgement, despite my distaste for the redesigns I thought he did a pretty good job in that game and though he doesn’t say much in Smash I hope he’ll be able to reprise any role Simon could be in for the future.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I don’t have this problem much, pretty rare for me
On the flip side, here is idiot Yuri Lowenthal getting married with emo Yuri Lowenthal
aw...Yuri on Yuri love

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
Biggest I can remember is that it went from Incineroar-tier speed to middle of the road speed in terms of movement and landing lag.

mfw
Ys 8 has a fencer with a good move set. I completely don't see the series as popular or influential enough to make it to smash, but the move sets (particularly Dana's) are elegant.

Ivander

Smash Legend

People would complain about Fire Emblem bias due to Chrom, Azama, Ryoma and Shigure. But I'd buy it just to hear Azama diss the entire cast and hear Matt Mercer singing "You are the Ocean's Gray Waves". Also for Jesse McCree and Leon S. Kennedy saying sassy one liners. And for Kiritsugu Emiya.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So what's the current Elite Smash GSP? I've been climbing back up steadily and I feel like I should be reentering it any time now, but it still continues to elude me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So what's the current Elite Smash GSP? I've been climbing back up steadily and I feel like I should be reentering it any time now, but it still continues to elude me.
From my one and only character I've managed to barely inch into elite, it's currently 2.8 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom