• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberk

Smash Champion
For Smash being such a monument to gaming history, Smash fans really don't know that much about gaming history, looking at the reactions to these rumors.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Fun fact: I didn’t know who :ultsnake: was when I saw him revealed for Brawl in 2006 as a kid, I just assumed he was another Nintendo character I didn’t know about, ableit a really serious and gritty one lol.

I didn’t realize the idea of 3rd Parties joining until :ultsonic: got in, that’s when I realized Snake wasn’t a Nintendo character.

Good times.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Smash Bros has always been a crossover.
Not as big a crossover as it is these days. I guess the guy was talking about it going from exclusively Nintendo to expanding to other video game characters.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For Smash being such a monument to gaming history, Smash fans really don't know that much about gaming history, looking at the reactions to these rumors.
More like they set aside the characters because they

A.) Have no idea who they are
B.) Know the name/face but never played the games
C.) Don't want them because they want someone else they actually know
D.) Use their based followed content creators to base their opinions and arguments off of instead of doing the work themselves

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fun fact: I didn’t know who :ultsnake: was when I saw him revealed for Brawl in 2006 as a kid, I just assumed he was another Nintendo character I didn’t know about, ableit a really serious and gritty one lol.

I didn’t realize the idea of 3rd Parties joining until :ultsonic: got in, that’s when I realized Snake wasn’t a Nintendo character.

Good times.
Well tbf you were 10 then right? MGS was huge, but back then when you and I were that age we likely wouldn't really know MGS

Roberk

Smash Champion
Can someone tell me why "brave" isn't Yuri Lowell from his in-game guild Brave Vesperia, who is by far the most popular Tales Of character, and who has the definitive edition of his game coming to Switch this month? I have minimal experience with the series btw. I think "brave" is Erdrick, but it seems like people are rushing to him before considering other characters.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Could the fact that there is no "You unlock all the music!" milestone mean that we could potentially get free DLC unlockable music tracks?

Does anyone even play Minecraft?
I do. I like to do survival/hardcore worlds either by myself or with friends.
Servers are junk though.
Sheik was in Yoshi's egg during the start of Captain Falcon's Final Smash. Pretty sure this works with everyone..

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Can someone tell me why "brave" isn't Yuri Lowell from his in-game guild Brave Vesperia, who is by far the most popular Tales Of character, and who has the definitive edition of his game coming to Switch this month? I have minimal experience with the series btw. I think "brave" is Erdrick, but it seems like people are rushing to him before considering other characters.
Honestly it's mostly just other pieces of info coming together.
Had Yuri been in disucssion for the past several months, then more people would believe in that, but for Erdrick this is the proverbial "nail in the coffin" so to speak.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could the fact that there is no "You unlock all the music!" milestone mean that we could potentially get free DLC unlockable music tracks?

I do. I like to do survival/hardcore worlds either by myself or with friends.
Servers are junk though.

Sheik was in Yoshi's egg during the start of Captain Falcon's Final Smash. Pretty sure this works with everyone..
The Fighter Pass was advertised as containing free music from the start. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can someone tell me why "brave" isn't Yuri Lowell from his in-game guild Brave Vesperia, who is by far the most popular Tales Of character, and who has the definitive edition of his game coming to Switch this month?
Can you tell me why it isn't a character from Bravely with the Brave mechanics? :p

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I don't see anyone questioning why they didn't simply write it Yuusha. They did write Packu :/

becasue :p

But seriously, no one?

Roberk

Smash Champion
Can you tell me why it isn't a character from Bravely with the Brave mechanics? :p
BD detractors: “It would be too obvious!”
I’ve been thinking of a BD rep as well, they seem almost just as valid. “Brave” is really vague, this rumor is still pretty fun though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't see anyone questioning why they didn't simply write it Yuusha. They did write Packu :/

becasue :p

But seriously, no one?
their necks look like they were put on upside down

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Don't know much about Tales, but the datamined stats also match Erdrick's build, being a slow yet rather heavy character iirc

D

Deleted member

Don't know much about Tales, but the datamined stats also match Erdrick's build, being a slow yet rather heavy character iirc
The stats are placeholders seemingly, cause the frame data is the same as Jack’s.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Or maybe this..
Phantom Brave.. I think that's Sakurai taste
It's a known series.. PENGIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiii

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not necessarily, I remember that Joker had very minimalistic landing lag data yet Brave here doesn't, weight and run speed were different too
Regardless, Piranha Plant's had some pretty significant changes so we can assume they're still subject to heavy revision.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Or maybe.. this is the Square rep..
Brave Fencer Musashi