• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
And you might not know this, but..
Boktai is called Taiyou no Yuusha (Hero of the Sun)..
soo.. maybe that (it's Konami's).. after Goemon of course :p

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean, rapiers are what Marth used before the Falchion. That's a pretty thrusty blade, but I don't know about fencing.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Buuut I'll say, there's one hero in the dragon quest universe nick named The Brave.
He's not Erdrick, but it's Erdrick. Probably DQ fans know what I mean by that X)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you wanna see a fencing fighting style in a fighting game, go look up Orie from UNIEL or Mitsuru from P4A, both of which are coincidentally in BBTag.

And also stand users.

EDIT: Oh and Weiss Schnee from RWBY who is also in BBTag, but she doesn't have a stand so she aint as cool.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If there's a second Bamco character, I don't think it's Lloyd or Heihachi.

If you take Reggie's statement at the game awards at face value. Lloyd and Heihachi both aren't new to the series. Also theyre pretty speculated characters, which would translate to being anticipated.

"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."

I imagine if there is a Bamco rep we'd get the Lloyd and Heihachi mii costumes bundled in, perhaps a reason why they werent included in ultimate yet.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
If you wanna see a fencing fighting style in a fighting game, go look up Orie from UNIEL or Mitsuru from P4A, both of which are coincidentally in BBTag.

And also stand users.

EDIT: Oh and Weiss Schnee from RWBY who is also in BBTag, but she doesn't have a stand so she aint as cool.
Also Weiss doesn't even use her rapier like a fencer, it's more like a swinging swordsman.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

And also stand users.

I didn’t know more P3 characters aside from Aigis were added in BBTag.

Also what’re you talking about? Ice Queen’s the “coolest” one of them all...
E30ACC34-9039-4EAE-A3D3-0DDDC5879335.jpeg

Clearly I’ve had a productive day...

If you take Reggie's statement at the game awards at face value. Lloyd and Heihachi both aren't new to the series. Also theyre pretty speculated characters, which would translate to being anticipated.

"These are going to be characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from Persona 5. Characters you would not anticipate to be in Super Smash Bros Ultimate."

I imagine if there is a Bamco rep we'd get the Lloyd and Heihachi mii costumes bundled in, perhaps a reason why they werent included in ultimate yet.
So Nightmare isn’t out of the question?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I believe his definition of "new to the series", is just characters who haven't been playable yet, not characters who haven't been in Smash in any form...

People have been looking into his statement a little too much, imo

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I believe his definition of "new to the series", is just characters who haven't been playable yet, not characters who haven't been in Smash in any form...
Okay then, by that logic Reggie just said "These newcomers will be newcomers."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

"Characters new to the series" is just Reggie PR talk for "Newcomers." He's used the same phrase to describe a hypothetical playable Waluigi in the past.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh nice, I’m curious to see who else they’ll add, maybe a few more RWBY characters as well.

EDIT: I’d doubt they’d add him soon but...

“Mercury Black is added to the roster”
“Opponent is Yusuke”

View attachment 185834
You could make a crossover game with JUST characters that have been voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Why is Snake the funnest character in the game but also the one I cannot play to save my life?

ErenJager

Smash Champion

People have been looking into his statement a little too much, imo
You're adding your own spin on what he said.
If you take what he said literally and at face value, its very simple and straight forward.
1) New to series.
2) Not anticipated.

How does that mean 'not playable before'?
Obviously any new character will never have been playable before, makes zero point on stating that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You could make a crossover game with JUST characters that have been voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.
People would complain about Too Much Fire Emblem after they add Marth, Merric, Eliwood, and Ricken.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
"Characters new to the series" is just Reggie PR talk for "Newcomers." He's used the same phrase to describe a hypothetical playable Waluigi in the past.
Your drawing your own interpretation as fact.
Why must everyone on this board suffer from logical fallacies?

When reason and rationale dictates literal sense should be observed first.

It's a pointless to say "newcomers will be newcomers" why not say new to the roster, or new to the game. Why the series as a WHOLE?

He then reiterated a point of unanticipated characters. Characters closely associated with Smash ie: Heihachi and Lloyd are anticipated.

Nevermind looking back you supported the grinch leak, no reasoning here, I forgot. Im off these boards again. Bye.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
It really sucks when leaks like these come out and they've got your favorite characters on them, you want it to be true but you cant blindly believe it and the wait is so suffering

I gotta believe in my boy Hayabusa though

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
People would complain about Too Much Fire Emblem after they add Marth, Merric, Eliwood, and Ricken.
and Spider-Man would be the top tier character in that crossover

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Your drawing your own interpretation as fact.
Why must everyone on this board suffer from logical fallacies?

When reason and rationale dictates literal sense should be observed first.

It's a pointless to say "newcomers will be newcomers" why not say new to the roster, or new to the game. Why the series as a WHOLE?

He then reiterated a point of unanticipated characters. Characters closely associated with Smash ie: Heihachi and Lloyd are anticipated.

Nevermind looking back you supported the grinch leak, no reasoning here, I forgot. Im off these boards again. Bye.
If by "supported the Grinch Leak" you mean "gave it some credence early on until holes started to show up, like the background not lining up or Greninja's tongue being shortened, to the point where eventually I actively hoped it was wrong because it brought a ton of sycophantic 4chan incels to the boards and almost drove away some good people," then yeah, I TOTALLY supported the Grinch Leak. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom