• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Please tell me the Ike that won was using the only acceptable Ike skin and not any of the Yikes?

I swear I kicked your butt once online. Naw, just kidding! Sorry, I just had to say that.
Okay but whats the point of the post

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'll keep it short and boring. In no particular order...
:ultike: - Been my Main since Brawl. Never dropped ever, and never will.
:ultmegaman: - Childhood hero. I wish his options were more consistent, but I'm too loyal to drop him.
:ultzelda: - Childhood crush? I grew up with the NES and SNES, and I used to play Alttp every day. I picked up Zelda in SSB WiiU/3DS and stuck with her since.

Secondaries:
:ultpalutena: - Just a lot of fun to use, though I do miss her jab->down grab set ups.
:ultlucina: - My favorite of the quick-moving Fire Emblem characters. Sucks about the jab thing as explained in Palutena's entry.
:ultness: - Another Main I had since Brawl. They made him scary in 4 and he's just as obnoxious to fight against. I love the shout-out to his home game effects in his move-set.

Tertiaries:
:ultvillager: - It's fun jumping into arenas and starting **** with Villager, lmao.
:ultisabelle: - Even funnier hopping in a match with characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, Dark Samus, Wolf, K.Rool, Ridley, and winning.
:ultshulk: - I like the new changes with him. I'd like to learn how to use him more since his nair is pretty scary now. I also only ever ran into so few Shulks, so I may as well learn him myself.
not small and boring enough...too much words
Ike just won a major, papa bless.
I was rooting for the :ultpeach::ultdaisy: player...I still remember the pain I felt when that one :ultpit: player had the chance to get a free KO and ****ed it all up by trying to style

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Please tell me the Ike that won was using the only acceptable Ike skin and not any of the Yikes?

Okay but whats the point of the post
I just felt like joking around, that's all. Don't care if you laugh or not, though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Agreed, seems like he did a lot... of.. resear- ah nevermind... :p

It was cool to see Hbox performing well too, i'm glad to see a player make the jump from Melee to Ultimate and have success.

He wrecked this Bowser main (Mr Riddle):

I love the commentator's words of wisdom ''if you sleep on Jigglypuff, she's gonna sleep on you'' (i'm paraphrasing)
Tournament's been a blast. It's so good to see a smash game with such aggression. Gives such a positive outlook for the game's future.

Hopefully they don't ruin it with unnecessary nerfs.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It was young Ike but it was Sigurd Ike so it was okay.
ok thats barely unacceptable but i'll let it slide

I just felt like joking around, that's all. Don't care if you laugh or not, though.
ok but why you gotta say you beat me of all people :drflip: this is a personal attack i tell ya

Doubles don't count towards results...

Source: me as a Rankings Mod
Still won something, and I say it counts

Source: me as someone who dont care about the rules

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
ok thats barely unacceptable but i'll let it slide

ok but why you gotta say you beat me of all people :drflip: this is a personal attack i tell ya
I didn't know it was a personal attack. With that, I apologize. Guess this wasn't a good time to be a little random, wouldn't you say?

D

Deleted member

why the absolute **** does chad ike not have a purple alt i feel so conflicted whenever i open up his alts cause idk if i should go with hot bulging muscles chad ike or dumb anime pretty boy but his clothes are better ike fuuuuck

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's obviously Seliph Ike
Y'know, I'd actually believe that if his bandana was white.
why the absolute **** does chad ike not have a purple alt i feel so conflicted whenever i open up his alts cause idk if i should go with hot bulging muscles chad ike or dumb anime pretty boy but his clothes are better ike fuuuuck
Err, color 3 seems pretty purple to me.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's obviously Seliph Ike

YOU ARE UNDER ARREST
do i need to spell an /s out or something goddamn
I see, you are trying to be random with me now, are you? I guess it works both ways. If not, I didn't mean any harm. Please don't hurt me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just sad they removed Chrom-Ike from the game. It was my favorite of his alts in Smash 4. White capes are cool.

They're saying in the competitive section that Ike's nair is probably going to be nerfed for over centralizing his kit...hopefully they slightly buff some other moves while they're at it to make up for it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, since this is a discussion thread, I have a thought to share. Which franchise with playable characters in Smash should get a movie, as in a big screen theater movie? Aside from the ones who already got one, that is.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm just sad they removed Chrom-Ike from the game. It was my favorite of his alts in Smash 4. White capes are cool.

They're saying in the competitive section that Ike's nair is probably going to be nerfed for over centralizing his kit...hopefully they slightly buff some other moves while they're at it to make up for it.
I'd be fine with that, because honestly, I don't know what else the devs were expecting.

They took away the range on dtilt, the backhit of utilt is gone, his smashes are still unusable, and now you hyper buffed his nair to combo into every other aerial INCLUDING MORE NAIRS, so yeah, people are probably going to be going for nair 9/10 times.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Salem really just went through a Civil War run. I'll take that for more Link results. Anyway, what's happening here?

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
662px-FESK_Sigurd_03.png

chara_1_ike_06.png
The light blue on Sigurd's belt/horse matches with Ike's bandana, shirt lining, and belt. On top of that, you have the more obvious blue/white/gold palette so I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a Sigurd reference.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
We talking bout mains? Because I don't have one, I've just been using various different characters. Specifically ones I've used in past games that were removed, like Pichu and Squirtle.

I'm also using Cloud quite a bit, but mostly because I know he's never coming back.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Purple is my favorite color, dude. It stinks not having it with Ike D8

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The light blue on Sigurd's belt/horse matches with Ike's bandana, shirt lining, and belt. On top of that, you have the more obvious blue/white/gold palette so I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a Sigurd reference.
I dunno, the light blue also matches with Elena's sash, the off-white clothes match her dress, the gold highlights are on Elena's head-piece, and the cape is blue on both ends like the scarf. I think I would believe for sure it was a Sigurd reference if the inside of the cape was white.

Plus it seems weird when the rest of his colors reference PoR characters like Greil and BK, but one is another game. Though I suppose they did do that for Marth and Leif.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alts?

Wedding Mario is a must, normal Wario clothes are required.

For the characters I play the most, Purple Inkling, Grey and Black Incineroar, Red Ridley, Toothless Corrin. I keep K Rool and Isabelle at default, they look the best that way.

I don't play Yoshi as much as the previously mentioned characters, but Sky Blue Yoshi is the best one. I actually briefly considered using him as an avatar before I came up with my blue haired alter ego.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
When it comes to Alts, I almost always play as the red colors (Fuel Ness, Red Dr. Mario, Red Wii Fit, Red Robin, etc.) I don't even really know why, and it's weird because my favorite color is green. I guess the red colors in Smash just seem to look the coolest to me...

The only non-red colors I seem to use are the Metal Camouflage for Snake and the white alt for Pac-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom