• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Katalina would be more controversial because Smash fandom acts weird whenever we get a hot lady.

I like Roy but I'm not quite sure what this sentence is supposed to mean.
Hot ladies are indeed always polarizing for some reason. I wonder why :upsidedown:

But I think the Roy thing was a joke. Ya know, cuz of Roy (the Koopaling) and Roy (our boy)

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think you're onto something there! Lemmy... i mean... he's weird... and he's... he's a... guy? Definitely some prime meme material !:4lemmy:(:p)

Nothing against Paya but old Impa would be my pick. :4lemmy:
I seriously think Purah could work as a new rep for some reason, myself. Might be the tech.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We will listen to Megalovania once Sans (or Frisk, a peace offering for you) is confirmed

But Lemmy is the best Koopaling, fite me
Nah man, Sans is 100% okay with me too. Sans, Frisk, Papyrus, Asriel, Burgerpants, they're all fine by me. I just want some Undertale in this game.

And yes, Lemmy is the best Koopaling. Though Iggy and Roy are close second.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I like Roy but I'm not quite sure what this sentence is supposed to mean.
It's supposed to be a dumb "Roy is an FE character" joke.

Edit: Fixed the original post so that is says something else instead.
- Is another FE rep yet is such an amazing character that no one minds his presence even despite overrepresentation.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
What if instead of Lucario having the Aura/Rage mechanic, it was actually faithful to the games, and Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard had their abilities, Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze? Where, if they're at high damage, their water/grass/fire attacks do more damage.

EDIT: And Lucario gets Inner Focus, so he gets super armor on some of his moves or under certain conditions, I guess.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What if instead of Lucario having the Aura/Rage mechanic, it was actually faithful to the games, and Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard had their abilities, Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze? Where, if they're at high damage, their water/grass/fire attacks do more damage.

EDIT: And Lucario gets Inner Focus, so he gets super armor on some of his moves or under certain conditions, I guess.
Nah.
Not a fan of characters that get stronger when they should be disadvantaged. Plus, neither Ivysaur nor Charizard need even more killing power when they're strong enough already.

Also, HELL NO, Lucario does not need super armor on anything. That would be ****ing insane considering how strong Lucario already is at high percent.

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultpikachu: and :ultpichu: would be even more of nightmares if they had a gimmick similar to Static.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Let's make them actually faithful to their games and now they have to wait for their opponent to make a move before they can act. No more combos for RPG characters.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Sounds like a lot of the hype has died down, as the topic is really quiet. I'm creating a thread at the moment, I'll let you know when it comes up. To give you a summary, its not only about Smash Ultimate but also Nintendo in general.

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Welp, I just learned that Cassandra and Amy are the final DLC characters for Soul Calibur 6 unless there's a second season of DLC.

That's kind of a bummer if you ask me.
The game already was dissapointing for me, I ended up not playing it that much because it la ked a lot of things I liked. I like Cassandra and Amy though, but in sense of lacking fighters and their styles, I really hoped for something else. Atleast give Cass some Axes then. Amy baffles me honestly, I hope they give her Viola's moveset atleast, or part of it.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what will be the first modded stage for Ultimate registered in Gamebanana (outside of the mod that allows you to use the boss stages, of course).

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/ab8e22
I don't know how or why, but it did not want to go on.

Are CPUs really just broken now?
Speaking of CPUs. Does anybody else got the impression that the CPU in Smash-Mode are heavily focused on fighting the Player in free for all. I mostly play Smash by myself with 3 CPUS and those guys sometimes even land combos...

don't judge me, where i live the Internet is made out of cheese...

D

Deleted member

Speaking of CPUs. Does anybody else got the impression that the CPU in Smash-Mode are heavily focused on fighting the Player in free for all. I mostly play Smash by myself with 3 CPUS and those guys sometimes even land combos...

don't judge me, where i live the Internet is made out of cheese...
I felt it that way since Smash 4, and even with certain items like the Blue Shell.

And don’t worry about being an offline player, i am one too because i don’t like how the Online Service looks at the moment and i prefer to wait until it gets improved.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I felt it that way since Smash 4, and even with certain items like the Blue Shell.

And don’t worry about being an offline player, i am one too because i don’t like how the Online Service looks at the moment and i prefer to wait until it gets improved.
Good thing it isn't just me. I thought it was fine in Smash 4. Brawl i think was kinda similiar to Ultimate. But seriously the CPU is tough on higher levels. Like really they even know how to use Jiggplypuffs Rest and Luigis Superjump-Punch. .__.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good Thing it isn't just me. I thought it was fine in Smash 4. Brawl i think was kinda similar to Ultimate. But seriously the CPU is tough on higher Levels. Like really they even know how to use Jiggplypuffs Rest and Luigis Superjump-Punch. .__.
If i’m not mistaken, the devs at Namco and Sora tested the CPUs with the help of some top Smash players in Japan.

It could be because of that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
:ultpikachu: and :ultpichu: would be even more of nightmares if they had a gimmick similar to Static.
I had another strange thought yesterday. Mewtwo's f-throw firing multiple fully charged Shadow Balls that can't be escaped.

I like the sound of that, actually.

D

Deleted member

I have a question in regards to the final map.

In order to get the battle against both Galleem and Dharkon, is it necessary to balance the fight (putting both in the middle of the map)? Or is it needed to beat the two on their own first?

I know about the Master Hand battle, but i’m not sure if the battle against both has the same requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have a question in regards to the final map.

In order to get the battle against both Galleem and Dharkon, is it necessary to balance the fight (putting both in the middle of the map)? Or is it needed to beat the two on their own first?
Balance everything out
beating them separately leads to bad ends

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom