• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I'll tell you a hidden tip. If you know B reverse, aka doing the special move in back (like immediately changing direction), then this is obvious.

You can Reverse-B Final Smashes.

Have fun in the new year!

D

Deleted member

I got to the top of the middle of the map, where there’s something similar to the paths.

However, i can’t interact with it.
Something happens to it after beating all the hands?

D

Deleted member

its becayse there is a difference between wanting a character because she would make a good character and wanting a character because you are horny for breasts
Dixie Kong would be a great character in Smash, maybe fantastic in regards to recoveries.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
What if instead of Lucario having the Aura/Rage mechanic, it was actually faithful to the games, and Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard had their abilities, Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze? Where, if they're at high damage, their water/grass/fire attacks do more damage.

EDIT: And Lucario gets Inner Focus, so he gets super armor on some of his moves or under certain conditions, I guess.
Speaking of which, I kinda miss Brawl Minus. I wouldn't mind playing something like that for Ultimate when mods come around. It would be fun shooting lemons full screen and highly-aggressive, spammy Metal Blades with Mega Man, lmao.

Katalina would be more controversial because Smash fandom acts weird whenever we get a hot lady.
Even funnier still is how the critical side of wish-lists and roster discussions usually contain a scarcity of female characters in the roster, if not outright removed as a suggestion. Case in point: Lucina always being cut in favor of the male Fire Emblem characters. Dunno why they're so controversial. Smash already does a fair job at not being a colossal sausage fest, but the reactions to characters like Katalina, Saber, 2B, etc. get tad immature.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of which, I kinda miss Brawl Minus. I wouldn't mind playing something like that for Ultimate when mods come around. It would be fun shooting lemons full screen and highly-aggressive, spammy Metal Blades with Mega Man, lmao.

Even funnier still is how the critical side of wish-lists and roster discussions usually contain a scarcity of female characters in the roster, if not outright removed as a suggestion. Case in point: Lucina always being cut in favor of the male Fire Emblem characters. Dunno why they're so controversial. Smash already does a fair job at not being a colossal sausage fest, but the reactions to characters like Katalina, Saber, 2B, etc. get tad immature.
You know I can understand Katalina as Smash fans think Smash's standards are as high as their own and Saber's mostly known from anime but 2B? maybe she'd need a slight design change for her butt but I haven't heard any complaints about the idea

D

Deleted member

I think Dixie is really the only Kong in that family I know to a degree, outside of Donkey, Diddy, Cranky and Funky. Flying around with her hair would be pretty fun, ngl
She is one of the best characters to play as in the DKC games thanks to the air movement.

BTW, i am currently in the final boss of WoL, and i thought that you had to beat the mode two times in order to do the Master Hand thing.

However, this is my first time beating it and i managed to play that section.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Smash fanbase... hating women? Ha, you must be imagining things!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, people didn't complained about influx of female newcomers in the last game because they hate women, they complained because...uh, they were waifus and waifus are bad. There.

Real talk, Pokemon Trainer in Brawl was okay but when we get avatars with gender options like Robin and Villager, THEN people started to complain about avatar characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Us Gamers™ are very rational and need to be taken serio-HEY YOU IN THE BACK STOP YOUR VEGAN FLAT EARTH NEONAZI RAP I'M TRYING TO SAVE OUR ASSES!
Anyway, we're a welcoming bunch who would gladly see more peo- HEY LEAVE THAT PERSON ALONE JUST BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE WALUIGI DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO HARASS HER
As I was saying, we're grea- OH GODDAMMIT WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST NEONAZI AS HIS AVATAR MODS, DO SOMETHING!

D

Deleted member

every time i bring up the female characters i want i get ridiculed for being a horny gamer or some **** when i just think the character is cool :urg:
If you want female characters you're either horny or trying to fill quotas.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you want female characters you're either horny or trying to fill quotas.
i never talk about how much i actually want shantae cause people see her character design and think "haha you like ****" when i'm very open about liking fanservice and still insist it's because i like the idea of having a hair whip character who can turn into animals lol

I ****ing hate how people try asking for 'representation' for the sake of filling quotas. Anyway, we need more villain reps and Ganondorf needs to be reworked to represent him better
**** quotas we need more villains because i want more villains dammit

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Lucina has nothing to offer besides having a snatch. She's completely redundant.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
i never talk about how much i actually want shantae cause people see her character design and think "haha you like ****" when i'm very open about liking fanservice and still insist it's because i like the idea of having a hair whip character who can turn into animals lol

**** quotas we need more villains because i want more villains dammit
Meanwhile people call me a prude while I watch anime of a woman using such blatant fanservice while the baddies are clearly fetishists and I'm all "Yes, that's the good ****"

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The casual side of fighting game fans from what I have seen tend to have hissy fits over women characters for some reason and Im not exactly sure why. Either there's not enough and it's a sausage fest, or if there is a good enough amount that's suddenly too many, and many requests for female characters will get you bombarded with accusations of only wanting them for sex even if there is little to no sexuality connected to them either normally or in their appearance there.

D

Deleted member

I’m going to be completely honest:

If the third party stuff didn’t have the actual criterias in regards to fighter picks, i would take Coco Bandicoot over Crash without questioning it.

I always prefered her over Crash, and she is great to play as on the N.Sane Trilogy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, what does she have thats really worth keeping her around? Her and Chrom could just be costumes for Roy/Marth and you don't lose much.
Not really, they have different playstyles and I always take "add a small amount of content" over "cut content because whining".

The casual side of fighting game fans from what I have seen tend to have hissy fits over women characters for some reason and Im not exactly sure why. Either there's not enough and it's a sausage fest, or if there is a good enough amount that's suddenly too many, and many requests for female characters will get you bombarded with accusations of only wanting them for sex even if there is little to no sexuality connected to them either normally or in their appearance there.
Bayonetta has a ton of sexuality connected to her and I still don't like her just because she's hot.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Not everyone is a master at Smash, ya know?
Characters like Lucina can be very useful for people who like Marth, but aren't a fan of the tip mechanic
You don't have to be a master, but needing an entirely seperate character to be an easy-mode version of another character doesn't make much sense
"These characters don't have anything that makes them worth keeping"
*points out a rather significant change that makes one have advantage over the other and can make them play rather differently or ease in new players*
"Git gud"
See above. With training and effort, training wheels aren't needed any more. If you're a "competitive" player then marth will probably end up being better than Lucina anyway.
A truly casual player won't care about the distinction between Marth and Lucina.

D

Deleted member

Us Gamers™ are very rational and need to be taken serio-HEY YOU IN THE BACK STOP YOUR VEGAN FLAT EARTH NEONAZI RAP I'M TRYING TO SAVE OUR *****!
Anyway, we're a welcoming bunch who would gladly see more peo- HEY LEAVE THAT PERSON ALONE JUST BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LIKE WALUIGI DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO HARASS HER
As I was saying, we're grea- OH GODDAMMIT WHY DOES THIS GUY HAVE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST NEONAZI AS HIS AVATAR MODS, DO SOMETHING!
I know this is fake because a Gamer™ would never worry about that stuff
I ****ing hate how people try asking for 'representation' for the sake of filling quotas. Anyway, we need more villain reps and Ganondorf needs to be reworked to represent him better
Ugh, me too, I hate people asking for characters just to fill quotas which is why we need more DK characters
Lucina has nothing to offer besides having a snatch. She's completely redundant.
If you defend Chrom and Roy staying then you can get the **** out

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Oh I never said they were, I just said there was a difference. on one hand, You can want the granblue chick because of how you think her moveset would work, how cool so would play and blah blah or on the other hand you could want her in smash because shes 'hot'

the 2nd thing is what I have a problem with, not because shes a chick but because some might just want he because shes attractive

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well, DLC has a difference from Sm4sh. I'm looking at it here, and I think it's more like a 'sub-for-sub' between major businesses than fanservice. Look at the DLC for Smash 4. The first three characters were previous omissions, the fourth was to introduce a new game to the Smash fans, and the last three were mainly for the fans, what with the Smash Ballot. (Ryu could be an exception, trying to introduce Street Fighter fans to Smash, and vice-versa, however.)

However, the addition of Joker, to me at least, brings a whole new audience to Smash as a whole. There probably weren't too many fans of both Persona and Smash before the Game Awards, but now a lot of Smash fans are getting into Persona, and a lot of Persona fans are getting into Smash, and the latter is a key point. I mean, if Nintendo are picking the characters, this makes total sense, to get more players, and thus more profit.

In closing, I think this could mean that a lot of unexpected third-party newcomers are in this DLC. This is due primarily to the business model I've described, but has a sad repercussion. If this is the case, characters from Nintendo's history directly, like Geno and Bandana Dee, and hugely requested ones like Banjo-Kazooie and Isaac, are probably less likely.

This isn't a leak or anything, it's just my theory. I'm sure that, whatever comes, it's going to be great.

D

Deleted member

I am fine with echoes mostly because it means that we will get an amiibo of one that wouldn’t exist if the character was just a skin.

I prefer Dark Samus as an echoe getting an amiibo more than Dark Samus as a skin without an amiibo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You don't have to be a master, but needing an entirely seperate character to be an easy-mode version of another character doesn't make much sense

See above. With training and effort, training wheels aren't needed any more. If you're a "competitive" player then marth will probably end up being better than Lucina anyway.
A truly casual player won't care about the distinction between Marth and Lucina.
There are situations where the original character has better matchups. I'm surprised you haven't used Daisy as an example and instead opted for 2 characters who actually have some rathee significant differences as Daisy has, y'know, ZERO differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom