• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
D

Deleted member

And yet Capcom are somehow still in business? Mega Man 11... It actually reminded me more of Mighty No.9.
Street Fighter? Does anyone play that now?
Phoenix Wright: No new games for too long.

Nintendo:
F-Zero has had no new games for too long.
Does anyone even play Pikmin now? If you do, I commend you.
Mario Odyssey: Reminded me of Galaxy, just a bit more rabbit-filled.

They're more similar than you know...
>Your statements in regards to Capcom aren’t so right.
>Mario Odyssey at best reminds me of a mix between Super Mario 64 and the 3D games (3D Land and 3D World).
>F-Zero isn’t completely dead and is still on time of a comeback.
>People are still asking for Pikmin 4 or a port of Pikmin 3.

That was some of my thoughts about your post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Mario Odyssey at best reminds me of a mix between Super Mario 64 and the 3D games (3D Land and 3D World).
>People are still asking for Pikmin 4 or 3.

F-Zero actually IS dead I'm afraid
Pikmin 3 is like 4 years old

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
>People are still asking for Pikmin 4 or 3.

Nah, it's not meant to make sense.
And I want a new F-Zero as much as anyone.

D

Deleted member

Anyways, if the remaining 4 DLC characters could all be female I wouldn't even mind not getting Crono
I mean, Mighty Number 9 wasn't all too long ago and people believe Capcom saw it and thought "Wow so many people would pay that much for it"
Arcade Edition helped it a lot and UltraSFII sold well iirc
Ace Attorney 6 isn't even 2 years old and Capcom is working on AA7 iirc. Not to mention they made those spinoffs that apparently can't get localized due to Sherlock Holmes copyright or something
Isn't Sherlock Holmes a public domain character though? Pretty sure the issues are something else.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I know I'm gonna be attacked as an SJW by garbage people, but the Wendy meme (I watched several of these Wendy videos out of curiosity) shows some inexplicable discussions of her attractiveness. I mean, I guess furries (scalies?) might bother thinking about how sexy anthropomorphic turtles are in general, but the commentary about how unattractive she is just points to how a woman's appearance is always an issue. As a gay guy, I have yet to consider how sexy Iggy or Lemmy are. Which, I guess I'm doing now. They're not.
I think you are reading too much into it.

Again, a lot of it is people trying to force her into meme status and generally it reads cynical when the video shows are pretty clearly trying to make her that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Let me have a crack at 'solving' the Fire Emblem 'problem'.

Remove everyone. They are now all part of Kiran's summoning moveset. One actual character, as many Fire Emblem characters you can muster in the moveset. All weapon types and species represented as well as commanding an army. Have Kiran hand a summon(Lucina, Chrom, either Robin, etc) a love note in the victory screen.

All of Fire Emblem repped in one character.

D

Deleted member

I just finished WoL.

While at first it looked like a mode that was too long, it ended up being a great thing to playthrough. The bosses are great.

Although there’s a weird thing:

Many people told me that i had to beat the mode two times before getting the true ending. However, this is my first time beating WoL and at the moment it seems like i got the true ending without doing that, Master Hand and all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let me have a crack at 'solving' the Fire Emblem 'problem'.

Remove everyone. They are now all part of Kiran's summoning moveset. One actual character, as many Fire Emblem characters you can muster in the moveset. All weapon types and species represented as well as commanding an army. Have Kiran hand a summon(Lucina, Chrom, either Robin, etc) a love note in the victory screen.

All of Fire Emblem repped in one character.
Nice, representation is my favorite Fire Emblem character. /s

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyways, if the remaining 4 DLC characters could all be female I wouldn't even mind not getting Crono

Isn't Sherlock Holmes a public domain character though? Pretty sure the issues are something else.
From my understanding the BBC's Sherlock show doesn't apply to public domain and they can claim that's copyright infringement. I don't know specifics as copyright law is a ****ing mess. Thanks Disney

D

Deleted member

Here's how you solve the FE problem
You add Hector and Ephraim
You add Anna and Nephenee as Echoes of them, respectively
You add Eirika as a Marth Echo with Roy's tipper mechanic and Alm as a Roy Echo with Marth's tipper mechanics
Eliwood as an Ike Echo
You add the Black Knight, Lyn and Lyon as unique characters
Arden, Joshua and Nergal as unique characters, respectively
Camus, Sirius, Zeke and Xander as Echoes of one another
Caeda and all the other Pegasus Knights as Koopaling skins

There, never ask me for anything ever again
*October flashbacks*
NOOOOOOO
That was in October? God, it feels like yesterday to me

Pakky

Smash Hero
Here me out what if there was a FE character without a sword? (This is a joke I know there a lot without swords... just not in Smash...)

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Many people told me that i had to beat the mode two times before getting the true ending. However, this is my first time beating WoL and at the moment it seems like i got the true ending without doing that, Master Hand and all.
You need to get the bad endings if you want to get 100% completion.

Though 100% didn't imply I got everything - it showed 100% for me, and I'd missed a chest in the Light realm.

WoL was better than I thought it'd be, but it really has no replay value. Now that I have the gym/explorations unlocked and a bunch of L99 spirits, replaying the mode is just gonna be breezing through the whole thing. Half of me just wants to release all of my spirits eventually and restart. They put the Legend-classes in the way to act as beef gates, so a replay (even without New Game +) wouldn't have the same issues.

D

Deleted member

You need to get the bad endings if you want to get 100% completion.

Though 100% didn't imply I got everything - it showed 100% for me, and I'd missed a chest in the Light realm.

WoL was better than I thought it'd be, but it really has no replay value. Now that I have the gym/explorations unlocked and a bunch of L99 spirits, replaying the mode is just gonna be breezing through the whole thing. Half of me just wants to release all of my spirits eventually and restart. They put the Legend-classes in the way to act as beef gates, so a replay (even without New Game +) wouldn't have the same issues.
I would only replay WoL for the Master Hand thing, tbh.

Although that could have been made in some regards like Galactus mode in UMvC3 (unlockable mode where you can play as him anytime you want to), but with a multiplayer option.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So
What do you mean about 'Roar? What were your ideas?

Well with :ultincineroar: I imagined him having a match with :ultpikachu: Libre

:ultkrool:I imagined him having a boxing match with :ultlittlemac:

So I ended up getting a little of both at the end which was amazing.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You know I can understand Katalina as Smash fans think Smash's standards are as high as their own and Saber's mostly known from anime but 2B? maybe she'd need a slight design change for her butt but I haven't heard any complaints about the idea
The reactions tend to be subtle. Like you can list any 5 characters you'd want to see in Smash, which tends to get responses like "replace her with this other character". I really wish I was in yesterday's brief discussion of character cuts. The Echo Fighters could have at least been salvageable as alternate costumes.

We need NES Marth without pants tbh
If we're getting Gladiator!Marth, I propose we get other classics as well, including Kojima Ayami's interpretations of Simon and Richter.

D

Deleted member

From my understanding the BBC's Sherlock show doesn't apply to public domain and they can claim that's copyright infringement. I don't know specifics as copyright law is a ****ing mess. Thanks Disney
Are you completely sure? There's a bunch of other Sherlock Holmes stuff going around from books to other TV series. FGO even has him as a Ruler.

D

Deleted member

The reactions tend to be subtle. Like you can list any 5 characters you'd want to see in Smash, which tends to get responses like "replace her with this other character". I really wish I was in yesterday's brief discussion of character cuts. The Echo Fighters could have at least been salvageable as alternate costumes.

If we're getting Gladiator!Marth, I propose we get other classics as well, including Kojima Ayami's interpretations of Simon and Richter.
I am fine with Dark Samus being an echo and not a skin mostly for the amiibo, tbh.

In regards to new skins, i would love these:
-The ones for the Belmonts that you have mentioned.
-Fusion Suit Samus.
-Metroid Prime 2 Samus’s Varia Suit.
-Light Suit Samus.
-Metroid Prime 2 Dark Samus.
-Fire Mario.
-Mewtwo with his armour from the first movie.
-Classic Kirby.
-SA2 Sonic.
-Naked Snake (Snake Eater).
-Kaptain K.Rool.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lyn's game had Roy. She had to go.

As did Corrin because Sonic says Fates is no good!
Lyn is never allowed to leave. She leaves when Shadow and Waluigi are also kicked out...and Sonic is just jealous nobody loves him anymore other than Amy (whom outside of Boom he don’t want)

D

Deleted member

The only time characters should be skins instead of Echo Fighters are if it's a Koopaling deal. Which is why Olimar should get Louie, President, Britanny and Charlie skins if they aren't gonna promote Alph.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The only time characters should be skins instead of Echo Fighters are if it's a Koopaling deal. Which is why Olimar should get Louie, President, Britanny and Charlie skins if they aren't gonna promote Alph.
Which the only way anyone is getting promoted is if they use the Rocks or if the core game changes with 4.

Also.

WHERE IS PLASMA WRAITH? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Balance everything out
beating them separately leads to bad ends
Is there a way to get it so that you can get all endings for the cutscenes to be added, before completing your first save file so you don't have to go through New game plus or whatnot over again, just for a crack at them, no matter what order you get the endings in?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Is there a way to get it so that you can get all endings for the cutscenes to be added, before completing your first save file so you don't have to go through New game plus or whatnot over again, just for a crack at them, no matter what order you get the endings in?
i didnt beat the mode yet but Ill make a guess you reload the save from before you beat the game and do another path

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I was referring to Mario being a Marth clone when I said "Marthio" haha
For some reason, I read "Marthio" as something else, because I was just imagining regular Mario (name unchanged) with a sword.

I mean, to be fair, had some of the Echo Fighters been introduced as alternate outfits instead, our opinions of them would have been a bit different. You're basically suggesting "Glorified clones or bust. Just because you look like the original doesn't mean you can stay as an alt".

Ahhh damn it, Morpho Knight (AKA "Proto Knight)" would have been such a cool alt for Meta Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which the only way anyone is getting promoted is if they use the Rocks or if the core game changes with 4.

Also.

WHERE IS PLASMA WRAITH? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
For some reason, I read "Marthio" as something else, because I was just imagining regular Mario (name unchanged) with a sword.

I mean, to be fair, had some of the Echo Fighters been introduced as alternate outfits instead, our opinions of them would have been a bit different. You're basically suggesting "Glorified clones or bust. Just because you look like the original doesn't mean you can stay as an alt".

Ahhh damn it, Morpho Knight (AKA "Proto Knight)" would have been such a cool alt for Meta Knight.
I'm of the opinion every character should have their own slot. Alph could remain as the exact same(I mean, Daisy and Richter have no differences at all) as long as he gets his own slot.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Nah, then stuff like the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies could exist. Nor could the American TV show

D

Deleted member

How will the Nintendo content in Youtube change this year after the company shuts down at last their creator’s program?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I immediately discard the opinion of anyone who says Chrom should have been an alt for Roy. To me it just shows that they're alarmingly ignorant, as it would mean they'd be okay with Chrom using his sword in a reverse-grip stance, having fire effects on his moves, and using Roy's signature Critical Hit motions and Blazer over Awakening Aether and Soaring Slash.

Those types of folks just aren't worth the hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom