• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm of the opinion every character should have their own slot. Alph could remain as the exact same(I mean, Daisy and Richter have no differences at all) as long as he gets his own slot.
Oh, I was speaking within the context of, "If you had to cut down the roster, who would you keep?" and I suggested that some Echoes are salvageable as costumes if it ever came down to that.

Sounds like a hot new shipping name for those...who would ship Mario and Marth together
Nope. You're thinking of a portmanteau. "Marthio" is more of a fusion name. Shipping names usually take the first 3-4 letters of a character's name. The correct term for Mario and Marth would be MariMart.

...And now I accidentally invented an imaginary grocery store name...

D

Deleted member

Personally, I immediately discard the opinion of anyone who says Chrom should have been an alt for Roy. To me it just shows that they're alarmingly ignorant, as it would mean they'd be okay with Chrom using his sword in a reverse-grip stance, having fire effects on his moves, and using Roy's signature Critical Hit motions and Blazer over Awakening Aether and Soaring Slash.

Those types of folks just aren't worth the hassle.
I can’t picture Dark Samus walking like a normal person in a way that could work as a skin of Samus, if i am honest.

Hey un who here likes Link?
BOTW Link?

If so, i kind of do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm of the opinion every character should have their own slot. Alph could remain as the exact same(I mean, Daisy and Richter have no differences at all) as long as he gets his own slot.
Technically Richter and Simon have a minor difference with their Holy Water. Because Simon's deals fire damage, it can be used as a wall to stop explosive projectiles from the Links and the like. Richter's deals magic/aura damage, so it can be used to kill Olimar's Red Pikmin who are immune to fire.

Daisy is, I believe, the only echo with no notable differences whatsoever. Pretty much every one of them was a placebo or something falsely reported by Memoryman to make her seem more unique.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Technically Richter and Simon have a minor difference with their Holy Water. Because Simon's deals fire damage, it can be used as a wall to stop explosive projectiles from the Links and the like. Richter's deals magic/aura damage, so it can be used to kill Olimar's Red Pikmin who are immune to fire.

Daisy is, I believe, the only echo with no notable differences whatsoever. Pretty much every one of them was a placebo or something falsely reported by Memoryman to make her seem more unique.
Do her toads do anything different?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Personally, I immediately discard the opinion of anyone who says Chrom should have been an alt for Roy. To me it just shows that they're alarmingly ignorant, as it would mean they'd be okay with Chrom using his sword in a reverse-grip stance, having fire effects on his moves, and using Roy's signature Critical Hit motions and Blazer over Awakening Aether and Soaring Slash.

Or they just don't care about small discrepencies like that. I wouldn't care at all how a character holds a sword, I care about their moves and how cool they look. I feel like there's been bigger discrepencies with other characters in the past.

I thought Chrom should just be an alt, but I recognize that it would bother people like you so I'm happy you got to have a new character. But I also wouldn't care if Dr Mario was an alt that shot fireballs and just had the Dr Mario outfit. I suppose I'm willfully ignorant, but I wouldn't ARGUE saying that they should be alts, and I don't want to be lumped in as someone "who isn't worth the hassle" just because I don't take characters canon stances and stuff seriously in a silly platform fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't Chrom have the same attack animations with the reverse grip or have I just not been paying attention?
Oh yeah, that's right. Bowsette is still getting that Super Crown convention this year in February.
She's what
Oh, I was speaking within the context of, "If you had to cut down the roster, who would you keep?" and I suggested that some Echoes are salvageable as costumes if it ever came down to that.
If Echoes were to remain they'd never be reverted back to costumes. The differences are so minimal they'd barely save time

I mean yeah but the Holy Water is certainly not intentional.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I am fine with Dark Samus being an echo and not a skin mostly for the amiibo, tbh.

In regards to new skins, i would love these:
-The ones for the Belmonts that you have mentioned.
-Fusion Suit Samus.
-Metroid Prime 2 Samus’s Varia Suit.
-Light Suit Samus.
-Metroid Prime 2 Dark Samus.
-Fire Mario.
-Mewtwo with his armour from the first movie.
-Classic Kirby.
-SA2 Sonic.
-Naked Snake (Snake Eater).
-Kaptain K.Rool.
Why does Villager not have the horned helmet as an alt?

D

Deleted member

I am just glad that Dark Samus got in even as an echo.

And the character will get an amiibo, which is cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Doesn't Chrom have the same attack animations with the reverse grip or have I just not been paying attention?

She's what

If Echoes were to remain they'd never be reverted back to costumes. The differences are so minimal they'd barely save time

I mean yeah but the Holy Water is certainly not intentional.
They share the same hitboxes but they were all reworked to use a normal grip.

The only downside is that it led to his jab looking kind of awkward but it's a small price to pay.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
How would the Holy Water thing not be intentional? How exactly would the game's data mess up in a way that it reads the same attack from the characters as being two different damage types?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Don't tell anyone but I suspect she's the secret ninja persona of Impa.

For some reason, this feels very ironic.
My favorite placebo will never stop being Richter feeling slightly faster than Simon.

D

Deleted member

Galleem and Dharkon have nothing against Crocomire.

That legend could beat both with a spoon and the power of the "yay!".

D

Deleted member

How do you unintentionally give a move two different elements?

Same. I wish we could've more than two one Zelda like three Links.
The elemental thing was really just a workaround sp Richter could have blue fire. It's supposed to be fire in Castlevania and not "aura" or "magic".
Had it been intentional, they would have mentioned and advertised it much like every other Echo Fighter difference was instead they simply focused on the color and pretended it was really fire ingame.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Don't tell anyone but I suspect she's the secret ninja persona of Impa.

For some reason, this feels very ironic.
For some reason I remember a few of memoryman's alts going on about how Daisy was going to be the most unique echo ever on gamefaqs. Now knowing she is the cloniest clone in clonetown I would normally feel bad for them but they have been infesting that site for years and I feel no remorse for thinking they are an annoying idiot.

The elemental thing was really just a workaround sp Richter could have blue fire. It's supposed to be fire in Castlevania and not "aura" or "magic".
Had it been intentional, they would have mentioned and advertised it much like every other Echo Fighter difference was instead they simply focused on the color and pretended it was really fire ingame.
..........wut? You are arguing that since they wanted him to have blue fire that instead of doing the insanely easy thing of recoloring the flames that they decided to change its damage type instead? How does that even begin to make sense to you?

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If Echoes were to remain they'd never be reverted back to costumes. The differences are so minimal they'd barely save time.
So basically, Echoes of surviving characters can keep their own slots in a 25 character roster. That's what you're saying, right? I feel like that would still bring out the stupidest of people though, haha. Imagine still having Samus, Peach, Marth, and Pit in that roster, but Dark Samus, Daisy, Lucina, and Dark Pit are included and some people view the roster size as 29 characters with 4 of them "taking spots" from other characters.

D

Deleted member

So basically, Echoes of surviving characters can keep their own slots in a 25 character roster. That's what you're saying, right? I feel like that would still bring out the stupidest of people though, haha. Imagine still having Samus, Peach, Marth, and Pit in that roster, but Dark Samus, Daisy, Lucina, and Dark Pit are included and some people view the roster size as 29 characters with 4 of them "taking spots" from other characters.
Dark Samus, Lucina and Daisy should not be cut imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom