• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
People who get mad at the harmless kind of MTX are hysterical

I mean, gamers are being oppressed by evil companies!

Iridium

Smash Hero
For some reason his voice makes me think of Gary Oak.

It sounds like him...? I forget what Gary may actually sound like.
This kind of reminds of how I'm a little bit upset Blue has no appearance at all in this game for some reason.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah he sounds really bad. The female trainer sounds fine though.
The female and male trainers still look both equally ugly. Their nose looks like it has no nose. They look like Whoville rejects.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
still microtransactions, which exist entirely to coax you out of your money in order to make the game more fun to play, even if you spent 80 dollars on it
You do know games are very expesnive to make, right?

When companies like Nintendo are releasing very full games at $60, they're likely being very generous to us, and are missing out on some extra money they could make to pay back the game's budget...

This is most likely why DLC and Microtransactions are even a thing.
And if they're done right, I'm okay with them.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
if they have no nose then tell me the point of giving them a nose
I guess there isn’t one really, Pokémon has yet to be on a console with smellovision, so the player character being able to detect smells in-game isn’t really important since the player IRL wouldn’t be able to share in the character’s experiences.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I guess there isn’t one really, Pokémon has yet to be on a console with smellovision, so the player character being able to detect smells in-game isn’t really important since the player IRL wouldn’t be able to share in the character’s experiences.
From Muk's pokedex entry in Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee:
Smells so awful, it can cause fainting. Through degeneration of its nose, it lost its sense of smell.
...I hope for all our sakes that the day Pokemon recieves smell-o-vision support never comes to pass.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I wouldn’t even be mad if Capcom got 2.

Dante, Leon, Jill, Chun-Li, a Monster Hunter...all good picks that wouldn’t necessarily be “expected”. I mean, I would take 2 of them if it meant yet another excellent gaming series was crossing over.

Hell, give me Leon and Jill Echo Fighter.

Or Chris Redfield punching a giant rock for his final smash!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Except the female trainer's voice doesn't hurt my ears.
It was annoying at first, but I got used to him pretty quickly. Brawl’s was still way better. Besides, he only talks when you switch mons or taunt. Otherwise you get the mons’ voices and they’re great.

Now Sm4sh Fox on the other hand was literally unplayable. To hear that grating noise every time you tried to recover... ao glad that one’s fixed.

D

Deleted member

Is it me or is the Pokemon Trainer both the ugliest looking and ugliest sounding character in the game?

The kid sounds like he's been chain smoking six packs every hour.
I switched to using Female Pokémon Trainer just so I never have listen to his voice and want to tear my ears out ever again.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just fought an Ike player on Quick Battle under the name tag Demi-fiend. Was that you Idon Idon ?

I would have gone for a rematch but that second half of the match was really laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom