• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Joker knife and gun argument? I don't think the knife is a problem at all, especially after Belmonts got one in their Uo B. Guns however, a tricky cause y'know, don't want any kids to go in their parents' drawers going "Wow that looks JUST like the gun Joker from Smash has!" and not realizing how dangerous it is.
Did you forget that kids play Call of Duty?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Not really. All they share is a company. When vying for fighters, you really think consumers put what company they came from on the priority list? No, they don't.
im saying i'd rather have multiple companies represented over like half the remaining dlc being from one company, thats basically it

D

Deleted member

How dare they promote their own competitive scene within their own game

Promotion is evil. It made Corrin take away K. Rool's slot in Smash 4!

The fact that everyone forgets Smash itself is a giant add always gives me a good chuckle, lol.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Joker knife and gun argument? I don't think the knife is a problem at all, especially after Belmonts got one in their Uo B. Guns however, a tricky cause y'know, don't want any kids to go in their parents' drawers going "Wow that looks JUST like the gun Joker from Smash has!" and not realizing how dangerous it is.

let him use this one
(Haha, this is a pic of his God of Destruction... (or God of a Thousand Demons, I'm not sure and they might look the same) gun from Granblue Fantasy. Just to bring that back around)

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
How dare they promote their own competitive scene within their own game

oh my god

i can't believe i'm seeing an actual human being defending this, holy ****

are you going to make up any excuses as to why its totally okay for capcom to lock out the rest of the roster unless you grind endlessly or pay up cash? or about how said advertisement costumes actually give you monetary bonuses when you play with them? basically paying you with fake money in order to act as a virtual billboard, its super scummy

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Diddy Kong has a Nintendo hat.
there's a very distinct difference between a nod like that and being paid monopoly money to make your character look awful

also all the monster hunters are good but i really can't name any capcom games besides world and mm11 that have been at all good. even devil may cry 5 is going to have microtransactions in it, so its a dead on arrival game for me

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
im saying i'd rather have multiple companies represented over like half the remaining dlc being from one company, thats basically it
I'll never get why people care so much about one company having more characters than the others.

Capcom have been the coolest company towards Smash.. That makes them easier to negotiate for characters. That makes it easier to have third party characters.

If all their characters looked the same, I'd get it...but each series looks vastly different from the other with their own composers, writers, and designers. Them being owned by Capcom doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
oh my god

are you going to make up any excuses as to why its totally okay for capcom to lock out the rest of the roster unless you grind endlessly or pay up cash? or about how said advertisement costumes actually give you monetary bonuses when you play with them? basically paying you with fake money in order to act as a virtual billboard, its super scummy
The bonus is frankly nothing at all and can be toggled off, most people playing the game already will know about CPT and Games as a Service has been a growing trend for the past year. The CPT stuff all goes towards improving the CPT and increasing the prize pool.

It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

there's a very distinct difference between a nod like that and being paid monopoly money to make your character look awful

also all the monster hunters are good but i really can't name any capcom games besides world and mm11 that have been at all good. even devil may cry 5 is going to have microtransactions in it, so its a dead on arrival game for me
An advertisement that isn't obligatory.

D

Deleted member

Joker doesn't even need guns, give him the knife for normals and let his Stand do the rest.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
oh my god

You're complaining about the wrong company.

EA makes Capcom look tame in comparison
And won the Best RPG award via voting at that.
Huh, that's funny... Persona 5 had the same exact outcome.

Coincidence?
Yeah, it's probably a coincidence...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
The bonus is frankly nothing at all and can be toggled off, most people playing the game already will know about CPT and Games as a Service has been a growing trend for the past year. The CPT stuff all goes towards improving the CPT and increasing the prize pool.

It's really not as bad as you're making it out to be.

games as service is an excuse to make less video games of high quality in order to get more money. the video game industry is a cpaitalist hellscape and even the companies that you like are a part of it

D

Deleted member

Activision and Capcom have improved in some regards.

The first with the Crash and Spyro franchises, and the second with Megaman 11, MH World, RE2 Remake, RE7 and the Street Fighter Collection.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is it me or is the Pokemon Trainer both the ugliest looking and ugliest sounding character in the game?

The kid sounds like he's been chain smoking six packs every hour.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of "Capitalist Hellscapes" all the big western games companies are crashing in stock price ATM, especially EA. I guess the Loot Box laws on the horizon have sent the investors scampering for the hills.

Wonder when the right time to buy in would be.

osby

Smash Obsessed

You can gain Red Orbs normally, don't see the big deal.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is it me or is the Pokemon Trainer both the ugliest looking and ugliest sounding character in the game?

For some reason his voice makes me think of Gary Oak.

It sounds like him...? I forget what Gary may actually sound like.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
still microtransactions, which exist entirely to coax you out of your money in order to make the game more fun to play, even if you spent 80 dollars on it

D

Deleted member

Not unless he redeems MVC after the fiasco that was Infinite, as well. Lol.
How to fix MvC Infinite:

>Add Doctor Doom, Super Skrull, Magneto, Sentinel, Punisher and some of the X-Men.
>Improve the character models in some regards.
>Rework Ghost Rider's Hypercombos.
>Add Baby Bonniehood
>Make better alts for the characters
>Add more stages

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
still microtransactions, which exist entirely to coax you out of your money in order to make the game more fun to play, even if you spent 80 dollars on it
DMC4:SE had those red orbs microtransactions when DMC4 base didn't with no red orb price change between it and the enhanced port.
Red orbs are gained plentifully throughout the entirety of the game.
You get so many red orbs in DMCV you have a weapon that shoots red orbs like bullets from a gun.
That same weapon can also be used to increase your red orb gain.

You are essentially complaining about being able to buy gil in a final fantasy game.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
games as service is an excuse to make less video games of high quality in order to get more money. the video game industry is a cpaitalist hellscape and even the companies that you like are a part of it
Or it's a way to cope with the increasing time and costs for making games these days and it helps keep players engaged with constant content updates.

Not unless he redeems MVC after the fiasco that was Infinite, as well. Lol.
That's moreso on Marvel being really ****ing petty with the Fox owned characters

They had it in DMC4 SE as well.
You can get thousands of Red Orbs really easily.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of "Capitalist Hellscapes" all the big western games companies are crashing in stock price ATM, especially EA. I guess the Loot Box laws on the horizon have sent the investors scampering for the hills.

Wonder when the right time to buy in would be.
Even then, Crash N.Sane Trilogy and Spyro Reignited Trilogy ended up being the best selling Activision games this year, notorious in the UK too.

Activision is seeing the money on the good single player games, so they will support both properties if they keep boosting up so many sales.

Ladies and gentlemen: single player gaming isn't dead.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'd say Wario is uglier, but since he's meant to be ugly it's not really a fair comparison.

His stylized character design really didn't translate well into Smash. His nose is barely viable, his hair looks weird and fake, and you can easily tell his eyes are just a 2D texture. He looks very weird next to all the anime swordsman and the like. At least you can fix the voice problem with the female trainer, but her proportions still look a little off to me.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
That's moreso on Marvel being really ****ing petty with the Fox owned characters
i mean there's the issue of capcom basically giving the game zero budget for some ungodly reason. its amazing that the game is pretty good with all the things it has going against it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom