• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just don't get why they didn't just re-use the Brawl clips. They were fine as is.
Because they'd still have to pay the voice actor for usage. Also, being the only time voice acting happens with Pokemon in within the anime, it is possible they were forced to change it due to TPC. They could be various deals related to the Pokemon representation or other behind the scene stuff we don't know. It may have not been even an option. They had to get a new voice for Leaf as is. Could be some union rule or something. Also, the voice actor voices Greninja, so maybe it cost less to use him for two smaller roles than pay a separate actor? A type of deal thing. Pay less for one person to do two voices than paying more for two people overall. Package thing.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That's moreso on Marvel being really ****ing petty with the Fox owned characters
Well Capcom made the error of trying to argue that "functions" are what mattered and not the characters in a crossover of all things. Oh, how Ultimate has deliciously proven them in sales among with everything else.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well Capcom made the error of trying to argue that "functions" are what mattered and not the characters in a crossover of all things. Oh, how Ultimate has deliciously proven them in sales among with everything else.
They couldn't really give a proper response about why the X-Men weren't in.
Everyone knows it's Marvel being petty but it's bad business to speak ill of a partner like that.

Hence the functions comment.
then he went on to join Marvel and got a credit in Spider-Man lmao

D

Deleted member

They couldn't really give a proper response about why the X-Men weren't in.
Everyone knows it's Marvel being petty but it's bad business to speak ill of a partner like that.

Hence the functions comment.
then he went on to join Marvel and got a credit in Spider-Man lmao

You can’t be Marvel vs Capcom without the X-Men, Sentinel, Magneto and Doctor Doom.

They are who made the franchise a thing in the first place.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So hit me: Why was Magnus removed as an Assist trophy?

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly surprised to see the large amount of Inkling nerf demands as of late. Are they really considered so good that they need the harsh nerfs people want, especially to Roller?

...Is it just because ZeRo said they were good? I have a feeling "Nerf Inkling!" is the same knee-jerk reaction K. Rool got....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly surprised to see the large amount of Inkling nerf demands as of late. Are they really considered so good that they need the harsh nerfs people want, especially to Roller?

...Is it just because ZeRo said they were good? I have a feeling "Nerf Inkling!" is the same knee-jerk reaction K. Rool got....
It's not the attack itself, but the burying effect if you ask me.

I'd take out Chrom first though on the nerfing block.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Real talk tho, I'm really disappointed Magnus's AT was cut, he's easily the best KI character and god, I love the Badass Human trope in settings that's basically just populated by superpowered species.
hes the only thing that could make me accept a 4th kid icarus character

D

Deleted member

It's not the attack itself, but the burying effect if you ask me.
They're not the only character with a bury, though, which is why singling them out feels weird to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Smash is like riding a bicycle.

A bicycle that explodes, but a bicycle nonetheless.
When I learned to use a bicycle in my childhood, the first thing that I can recall happening was that I lose control and I pretty much went face first....and with Smash, on top of that, I'm going to go BOOM...gotcha'! :D Not scary at all!
Don't worry. You'll be joining your fellow Space Pirates soon enough.:ultridley:
:3 I really hope so!

Iridium

Smash Hero
I do wish Saki Amamiya had not gotten cut the way he did. His AT was one of my favorites...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They're not the only character with a bury, though, which is why singling them out feels weird to me.
Their bury is much more difficult to mash out of then other buries though, especially for how easy it can be to land compared to some others. I agree that it's too early to call for nerfs but getting hit by that side special just feels awful.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Because people won't bother adapting and learning MUs, or from their mistakes at all. Pretty much just like with Smash 4. Not completely sure if ZeRo had everything to do with this, but maybe some people really are taking his words to heart.

Which is strange, as the game hasn't even been out for 3 weeks yet. Sounds ridiculous when I put it like that.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm gonna get all your friend codes, and i'm gonna open an arena.

It sounds like you guys could use some free wins.
Would that I had Switch Online.

I could use the Week-long Trial, but I'd rather play with the LAN Adapter (which I don't have).

Maybe I'll play some Smash Online with you guys after Christmas. :grin:

D

Deleted member

why do you think people attacked k. rool?
Fair point.

Their bury is much more difficult to mash out of then other buries though, especially for how easy it can be to land compared to some others. I agree that it's too early to call for nerfs but getting hit by that side special just feels awful.
See, I'm not sure it's that easy to land. I feel Roller can be really easy to read based on the fact most Inklings are probably gonna wait until they're right next to you to start it up, so if anything it just feels like a good punish move. Plus, it can be jumped over, shielded, and can be interrupted with projectiles and certain command grabs (Isabelle's works, and I think Wario's does too?).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Fair point.

See, I'm not sure it's that easy to land. I feel Roller can be really easy to read based on the fact most Inklings are probably gonna wait until they're right next to you to start it up, so if anything it just feels like a good punish move. Plus, it can be jumped over, shielded, and can be interrupted with projectiles and certain command grabs (Isabelle's works, and I think Wario's does too?).
I want you to look at DK's bury and Inkling's bury and tell me they're remotely the same in terms of quality.

R O F L

Smash Ace

IMO all they need to do is nerf roller, getting a fully charged smash attack from it is a bit too much. I have no problems with them besides that.

D

Deleted member

I want you to look at DK's bury and Inkling's bury and tell me they're remotely the same in terms of quality.
I mean, I went up against a Wario who wiggled out of it when they were at like 50% or more in a second.

Roller only hits if you leave an opening for it, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom