• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hi yes hello this is your twice thrice daily reminder that this is now a bonafide monafide smash bros OST tune

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I hope we can get a few vocal tracks in too. Rivers in the Desert is something I really want in the game. Still sad we didn't get any vocal tracks for Bayonetta iirc
tfw joker releases and it's all instrumental

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aight, I'm at 1.73 mil and I aint back into elite.

SMH, I'm never getting back there again.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
My Chrom and Roy are at just under 1.82 million GSP, even though the last time I played them online, they were at 1.75 million. How did I gain 70k GSP by doing nothing?

As for the Elite cutoff, my Lucina is at 1.79 million and is just about in there, so I'd say it's at 1.77 or 1.78ish.

Last edited:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
i want to note that i actually love kingdom hearts and will definitely buy 3 when it comes out (not day one, probably a few months later?) i just really don't think sora fits in smash bros as a personal opinion
Let’s see. Kingdom hearts is based around Sora fighting a bunch of heartless and bosses. He has a weapon, the keyblade. We literally have Isabel who runs towns for a living as a playable character. I definitely see sora fitting in smash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wish I had more time to play online at home. I'm super grateful that my Switch is portable though so I can play on my lunch break.
Should I get an gamecube controller, you guys?
I dunno, do you prefer a GC controller or are you just asking because that's what everyone else seems to use?

I personally use a pro controller myself and it serves me perfectly well.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My Chrom and Roy are at just under 1.82 million GSP, even though the last time I played them online, they were at 1.75 million. How did I gain 70k GSP by doing nothing?

As for the Elite cutoff, my Lucina is at 1.79 million and is just about in there, so I'd say it's at 1.77 or 1.78ish.
Well the way GSP is based on how many people you're better than, it's probably that more players joined and are worse than you steadily increasing your GSP.

D

Deleted member

Well, if I won't be able to play online for a while, then CPUs are my only option. I'll take the difficulty for sure.
The CPU for Geninja at level 8 legit knows how to fox trot and do true combos.

This game's AI is terrifying.

KMDP

Smash Legend

You gained 70k GSP by doing nothing because 70'000 players started playing between the time they were 1.75m and 1.82m.

Pretty simple.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The CPU for Geninja at level 8 legit knows how to fox trot and do true combos.

This game's AI is terrifying.
A lot of Smash 4 CPUs were updated with combo later into the game's life, actually. I think what makes Ultimate's CPUs special is that they're so much more agressive compared to previous games. They approach and throw out attacks much more wildly and will frequently got for edgeguards.

D

Deleted member

so does anybody know how to jump off of wario's bike reliably
Bike seems to have gotten pretty nerfed in Ultimate. It can be used to attack, but it's incredibly easy to shield and the respawn time is a lot longer than it used to be. I'd just use it for recovering, and maybe for Waft setups if they still exist.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well the way GSP is based on how many people you're better than, it's probably that more players joined and are worse than you steadily increasing your GSP.
You gained 70k GSP by doing nothing because 70'000 players started playing between the time they were 1.75m and 1.82m.

Pretty simple.
Oh, so that's how GSP works. I see. I just never really bothered to look into it too much, so I figured it was just a score or something.

also I just got Marth to Elite, the cutoff is 1.79 million right now.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bike seems to have gotten pretty nerfed in Ultimate. It can be used to attack, but it's incredibly easy to shield and the respawn time is a lot longer than it used to be. I'd just use it for recovering, and maybe for Waft setups if they still exist.
I hear Wario's bike can't break when thrown anymore so that's good for edgeguarding right?
How do I actually git gud at this game?

My friend keeps kicking my ***, I want us to at least be on equal ground.
Pick Chrom and mash the **** outta them buttons

R O F L

Smash Ace
On the topic of Ultimate's CPUs, do y'all think the Ultimate CPUs are harder or easier to beat then Sm4sh's CPUs?

I tend to beat 9 CPUs more consistently in Ultimate then in Smash 4. They also tend to feel a lot more like real players then AI which freaking reacts to your attacks in one frame.

Also, could 9 CPUs possibly be a decent training tool?

Iridium

Smash Hero
On the topic of Ultimate's CPUs, do y'all think the Ultimate CPUs are harder or easier to beat then Sm4sh's CPUs?

I tend to beat 9 CPUs more consistently in Ultimate then in Smash 4. They also tend to feel a lot more like real players then AI which freaking reacts to your attacks in one frame.

Also, could 9 CPUs possibly be a decent training tool?
For one, they definitely seem less predictable than the ones in Smash 4 at least. But if you have actual people you have as sparring partners, then I say go for them instead of CPUs. You'll just get used to more playstyles that way, but that's not to say CPUs are completely useless at all.

They can get supernatural though, so that's a big factor in why they aren't relied on very much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom