• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , a question:

Apareantly Toei Animation , Bandai Namco and Nintendo are stopping DBFZ and Smash Ultimate to apear in EVO Japan.

Toei said that "they are not getting money in these tournaments"

But why Smash?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the topic of Ultimate's CPUs, do y'all think the Ultimate CPUs are harder or easier to beat then Sm4sh's CPUs?

I tend to beat 9 CPUs more consistently in Ultimate then in Smash 4. They also tend to feel a lot more like real players then AI which freaking reacts to your attacks in one frame.

Also, could 9 CPUs possibly be a decent training tool?
No.
They can't.
No CPUs can and if anyone tells you otherwise they're spreading misinformation.
The only thing they're good for is teaching you bad habits.
You're better off getting stomped online and actually learning people's habits than learning to stomp CPUs.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
On the topic of Ultimate's CPUs, do y'all think the Ultimate CPUs are harder or easier to beat then Sm4sh's CPUs?

I tend to beat 9 CPUs more consistently in Ultimate then in Smash 4. They also tend to feel a lot more like real players then AI which freaking reacts to your attacks in one frame.

Also, could 9 CPUs possibly be a decent training tool?
I feel like Ultimate is harder cause in 8 player I have a tougher time living in comparison plus the only Ai characters that got really annoying in SSB4 were :4mario::4zelda: where's Ultimate most of the Ai cast is annoying on higher levels.

Also it's okay if you face Ai for fun but if you want go pro don't use them to get better.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So , a question:

Apareantly Toei Animation , Bandai Namco and Nintendo are stopping DBFZ and Smash Ultimate to apear in EVO Japan.

But why Smash?
Remember, Toei sent a Cease and Desist to Mexico's government for having a public viewing of the DBS finale
First I've heard of Smash. Maybe because the game's still very new and they want the meta to be established?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Boss' spirit battle is bull crap.
I used Falcon's Captain Fabulous alt as the hero when I couldn't beat the Boss with whoever I used before.

I forgot what Spirits I used other than who/whatever makes you immune to the floor hazard, but I remember trying to repeatedly use Falcon Kick.

Eventually I think I just tricked the CPU into SDing without even trying to; I just fell off the stage, the CPU came down to try and attack me, and I got back on while the CPU fell. May have been a different fight but idk.

Iridium

Smash Hero
So , a question:

But why Smash?
I think this is just a case of Nintendo being rather protective of the game, although maybe too much. Nintendo of Japan can be less lenient than NoA at times when it comes to this.

In other words, yes, this is ridiculous, and this year's EVO Japan had really good results for Smash 4, looking at top 64. At least there's many more Smash tourneys out there (Umebura, Sumabato, Hirosuma, Karisuma, etc.) for my needs.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I used Falcon's Captain Fabulous alt as the hero when I couldn't beat the Boss with whoever I used before.

I forgot what Spirits I used other than who/whatever makes you immune to the floor hazard, but I remember trying to repeatedly use Falcon Kick.

Eventually I think I just tricked the CPU into SDing without even trying to; I just fell off the stage, the CPU came down to try and attack me, and I got back on while the CPU fell. May have been a different fight but idk.
Perfect alt choice, Boss is homophobic in MGS3 so she deserved to get her ass kicked by Fabulous Falcon

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, i've done just about everything on the world map, and it says I can go to Galeem now, but I don't have every character.

WITHOUT SPOILERS, what now?

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think this is just a case of Nintendo being rather protective of the game, although maybe too much. Nintendo of Japan can be less lenient than NoA at times when it comes to this.

In other words, yes, this is ridiculous, and this year's EVO Japan had really good results for Smash 4, looking at top 64. At least there's many more Smash tourneys out there (Umebura, Sumabato, Hirosuma, Karisuma, etc.) for my needs.
I was thinking something a little crazy here, but...

Imagine if Toei is stopping Smash becouse Toei have some right on a DLC character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, i've done just about everything on the world map, and it says I can go to Galeem now, but I don't have every character.

If you've been to every sub-level-map-thing and have gotten every Spirit and character from those (if you want 'em), continue to Galeem.

Do you have Dedede?

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace

I was going to say something but I realized the only thing I could say without spoiling anything is, go to Galeem.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Boss' spirit battle is bull crap.
It is really difficult, yes.

If lack of Stamina is the problem, I suggest using Madama Butterfly, she causes the Poison to actually heal you instead. It's what I used.

While you can get Madama Butterfly by fighting her in the Final Map, You can also get her through Summoning, you need Shanoa, Aparoid and any Neutral and Support Spirit. You might need to get Shanoa and Aparoid via the Spirit Board, though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It is really difficult, yes.

If lack of Stamina is the problem, I suggest using Madama Butterfly, she causes the Poison to actually heal you instead. It's what I used.

While you can get Madama Butterfly by fighting her in the Final Map, You can also get her through Summoning, you need Shanoa, Aparoid and any Neutral and Support Spirit. You might need to get Shanoa and Aparoid via the Spirit Board, though.
*grabs by the collar* Listen buster the only thing you're gonna do with Shanoa is play her goddamn GAME

D

Deleted member

Global Smash Power is such a dumb ****ing ranking system and I fail to see what's the point of having it instead of an actually normal and functional ranking system.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Global Smash Power is such a dumb ****ing ranking system and I fail to see what's the point of having it instead of an actually normal and functional ranking system.
Because Sakurai wants to blaze some trails even if they're not worth blazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom