• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sylux’s exclusion is less weird than Porky’s in my eyes where much minor Earthbound and Mother 3 characters like Buzz Buzz and Ness’s dad got in over one of the few characters to have major roles in multiple games. Plus next year IS Mother’s 30th Anniversary AND the “Year of the Pig,” so I wouldn’t be surprised to see that used in some remake of EB or M3, or even just a release of M3 on Switch.
Oh damn I didn't even realize the Year of the Pig stuff.

It all adds up but it all also might just feel like a coincidence.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Isn't there a tip that says Yoshi debuted in Super Mario World?

That had me thinking: "What about the Yoshi game itself?"
That game (called Yoshi no Tamago initially) was released the year afterwards.

Anyways, now that you mentioned it, I think an out-of-the-box Yoshi stage could be the Cookie Factory, because when people think of Yoshi games, no one thinks of those ones...

Noipoi

Howdy!
That game (called Yoshi no Tamago initially) was released the year afterwards.

Anyways, now that you mentioned it, I think an out-of-the-box Yoshi stage could be the Cookie Factory, because when people think of Yoshi games, no one thinks of those ones...
I remember Yoshi's Cookie because of those Grumps episodes.

Sleepy Dan and Arin better be stage hazards on a Yoshi's Cookie stage.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People are putting too much faith into these missing spirits. Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee spirits were added in an update, so why can't Sylux be a bonus for MP4 owners, Poochy a bonus for Crafted World owners, and Porky be a part of some Mother anniversary special spirit board event?

Noipoi

Howdy!
People are putting too much faith into these missing spirits. Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee spirits were added in an update, so why can't Sylux be a bonus for MP4 owners, Poochy a bonus for Crafted World owners, and Porky be a part of some Mother anniversary special spirit board event?
You're right.

Porky's gonna be added when they announce a Mother compilation game including an official translation of Mother 3 at next year's E3.

D

Deleted member

I think people are reading too deeply into Spirits deconfirming/confirming anyone at all ATM.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sylux and Poochy make sense, but Porky's absense doesn't make sense. I don't think a character would be cut from the game entirely just for a special spirit for an anniversary. They already do those Spirit events with already existing spirits, so I don't get an important character to the Mother franchise such as Porky being excluded entirely just for a Spirit event they could already do with him in the base game.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
for those first two sure but they have yet to actually release any new spirits for events. that might change, but i really doubt it. there's also in general not enough mother spirits to cover the scope of these events

honestly can i just say that the ONLY spirit related to porky, the absolutely safe capsule, not having a fight and only being available via fusion is incredibly suspicious? because it really is

Bionichute

Smash Champion
porky at this point is basically still a dream character, mostly just really weird without him in the game at all (ness' dad gets a spirit but not porky, really?). i am mostly expecting third party characters for the dlc to keep my expectations low

Noipoi

Howdy!
I should note that Crafted World isn't the only chance Poochy has. 2020 will be Yoshi's 30th anniversary, or 25th anniversary for Yoshi's Island...
Who says he has to coincide with some sort of anniversary or promotion?

Sakurai could just say "Y'know what? I'm gonna put in this weird dog" at any time.

I think Poochy's cute. But you gotta admit, for a dog he looks kinda weird. He's 60% mouth :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I should note that Crafted World isn't the only chance Poochy has. 2020 will be Yoshi's 30th anniversary, or 25th anniversary for Yoshi's Island...
Dude, I would be super okay with Poochy.

Or any Yoshi content, really.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
I could easily see Sylux be a promotional spirit and just leaving it at that. I don't personally believe Spirits mean anything, but i'll play devil's advocate here for a second: if you go by the logic that Poochy is the running because there is only a "Yarn Poochy" spirit and no regular Poochy spirit, wouldn't a "Crafted Poochy" spirit also not mean anything?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Who says he has to coincide with some sort of anniversary or promotion?

Sakurai could just say "Y'know what? I'm gonna put in this weird dog" at any time.

I think Poochy's cute. But you gotta admit, for a dog he looks kinda weird. He's 60% mouth :laugh:
He always looked like a hybrid of a dog and Piranha Plant minus the teeth if you ask me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I could easily see Sylux be a promotional spirit and just leaving it at that. I don't personally believe Spirits mean anything, but i'll play devil's advocate here for a second: if you go by the logic that Poochy is the running because there is only a "Yarn Poochy" spirit and no regular Poochy spirit, wouldn't a "Crafted Poochy" spirit also not mean anything?
Looks at join date

Well butter me up and call me an artery clogging biscuit, you're new!

howdy.png

I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is it true that there has been a datamine?
I've seen rumors of 3 or so DLC characters being datamined, sounds Farfetch'd if you ask me.

There's also one that's just Chrono but it might just be short for chronological or something, idk; the word is squashed between a bunch of random characters (as in letters/numbers/symbols).

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Poochy's moves would be pretty cool, too, and could draw more inspiration from Wooly/Crafted World. The only thing I can't think of right off the bat is Poochy's recovery.
I had two ideas, and they both use elements from the Yoshi games rather than Poochy himself...

One is the bubble that the Babies are tend to be in and the second is Wings used by Yoshi in Mellow Mode

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I've seen rumors of 3 or so DLC characters being datamined, sounds Farfetch'd if you ask me.

There's also one that's just Chrono but it might just be short for chronological or something, idk; the word is squashed between a bunch of random characters (as in letters/numbers/symbols).
no leaks are real until proven otherwise. but also conversely they are real until proven otherwise

so share those three characters

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
no leaks are real until proven otherwise. but also conversely they are real until proven otherwise

furthermore, they aren't leaks unless they're proven real anyway. then they were retroactively always leaks.
until then, they're rumors.

time travel rules apply.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Well, I'm probably gonna have to take back what I said.

Just saw Blocked Content bring it up and for some reason I just thought I've seen this rumor before, but now I don't actually recall plus Blocked Content's video just said stuff we already know, i.e. all the Prime Hunters are Spirits except Sylux, Rare stuff was found in datamines and, for some reason, he brought up Lloyd from Mother being a Spirit plus all the third-party costumes being cut when he started talking about Lloyd Irving.

However, there is a 4chan "leak" that predicted Joker and mentioned Banjo-Kazooie, the Square character (Nekku or Crono/Erdrick I forgot, they weren't sure), and a couple or so others.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know, adding a Sceptile spirit would be a weird way to advertise Gen 8.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Why is Rathalos making me chase it? What does it want from me?
you have to get rathalos to the mountain area on the right, then chase it counterclockwise and it will move to the mountain on the left, where it'll become fightable

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why is Rathalos making me chase it? What does it want from me?
I don't even play Monster Hunter and this is Monster Hunter in a nutshell. :p

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Well guys, here we are. I have to go in 10 minutes.

I just want to thank you guys for putting up with me, even when I've been intolerable. @scoobymcsnack @Pakky @osby @Dyllybirdy @Arymle Roseanne thank you guys for being nice people in general, Noipoi Noipoi @TMNTSSB4 Pyra Pyra @Smashing Ramen thanks for making me laugh, KingofKoopas KingofKoopas @JDCabrera @Condenir @drag0nscythe @Kuon @NineS @kirbsmash @Graizen @praline @RyuhoFox @Bee Card thanks for being such good friends.

And finally, a humongous thanks to Zinith Zinith and @Sniper_Fox . You guys brighten up my day every single time I can talk with you.

Thank you all. See you in 2019! :3
Have a very merry christmas buddy!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I just want to thank you guys for putting up with me, even when I've been intolerable. @scoobymcsnack @Pakky @osby @Dyllybirdy @Arymle Roseanne thank you guys for being nice people in general, Noipoi Noipoi @TMNTSSB4 Pyra Pyra @Smashing Ramen thanks for making me laugh, KingofKoopas KingofKoopas @JDCabrera @Condenir @drag0nscythe @Kuon @NineS @kirbsmash @Graizen @praline @RyuhoFox @Bee Card thanks for being such good friends.

And finally, a humongous thanks to Zinith Zinith and @Sniper_Fox . You guys brighten up my day every single time I can talk with you.

Oh snap forgot to reply to this but have a good winter break my dude.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Oh right, sorry for the late response...

Have a Merry Christmas dude :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I hope you have the absolute happiest of happy holidays!

D

Deleted member

Jingle Bells!
Mario smells!
Robin laid a thunder!

The Blue Falcon lost a wing!
And K.Rool got awaaaay!

Flying through the sky!
With my helibackpack!
Countering with my belly and throwing my crown awaaaaay!

*laughts*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom