• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
its probably because at sub 700k, everyon is bad but

Inklings are free wins for me as ike
Oh dude, Inklings are up there in pain in the ass characters if they're used well. They combine the worst parts of zoning and speed into a creature of pure terror.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Oh dude, Inklings are up there in pain in the *** characters if they're used well. They combine the worst parts of zoning and speed into a creature of pure terror.
Oh, I know. Most people are secondary maining them for a reason

but at my level of Ike, nobody knows how to roll, spot dodge and just rely on all the combos ZeRo taught without having the improvisation skills to back it up

D

Deleted member

"OH ****, I'M AT 1.69999999 MIL GSP, I'M GONNA GET INTO ELITE AGAIN!"

It's inkling
View attachment 183878
*Laughs in Roller, Nair, and Up-Air*

Nah, in all seriousness that stinks. I actually got stomped hard by an Ike last week (we traded wins, but I think they ended up winning more in the end).

R O F L

Smash Ace
Are y'all over exaggerating or are Inklings really as broken as people make them sound? I haven't touched online yet because I don't have Nintendo Switch Online yet. and none of my friends are interested in using them or are good with them.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix's too obscur-

jumpfiesta.png

Right next to Slime and Goku, baby. :dazwa:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Well guys, here we are. I have to go in 10 minutes.

I just want to thank you guys for putting up with me, even when I've been intolerable. @scoobymcsnack @Pakky @osby @Dyllybirdy @Arymle Roseanne thank you guys for being nice people in general, @Noipoi TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Pyra Pyra Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku thanks for making me laugh, @KingofKoopas @JDCabrera @Condenir @drag0nscythe @Kuon @NineS @kirbsmash @Graizen praline praline @RyuhoFox @Bee Card thanks for being such good friends.

And finally, a humongous thanks to @Zinith and @Sniper_Fox . You guys brighten up my day every single time I can talk with you.

Thank you all. See you in 2019! :3
Well, I'm late to this, but have a good one...

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Are y'all over exaggerating or are Inklings really as broken as people make them sound? I haven't touched online yet because I don't have Nintendo Switch Online yet. and none of my friends are interested in using them or are good with them.
Stinkling is top 5 easily.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I dunno about broken because I'm hardly a good enough player to exploit the full capabilities of my character, but I do know they're a pain in my ass.

If you want some top level opinions on inkling, just look at Leffen or ZeRo

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i don't really want phoenix wright, but im not going to say that he's an obscure character lol

D

Deleted member

Half people who don't want another "anime swordsman", and half people who don't want music from the Dragon Quest composer in the game due to his Twitter outbursts about denying war crimes and such.
I love Dragon Quest as a series, and I think getting the franchise in would be pretty impressive. But I strongly doubt we'll be seeing it because I just look at how tight-fisted Square was about Final Fantasy and I feel like it would be such as low blow to fans where we didn't even get Spirits for the Materia, but we're getting music from a homophobe who said Japan was in the right for taking American women and turning them into prostitutes for the military during World War II. In other words, if Dragon Quest gets more than 2 tracks, people would be VERY angry. Even if all the tracks were remixed by new composers, people would still get irritated because it's the internet and the internet finds everything to complain about.

And, this is where I'm looking at about the music we're getting. Now, for Joker, it's a very safe bet it's just going to be for Persona (and, most likely, just P5 music), but if we get Erdrick and we're stuck with the two track minimum for a Dragon Quest stage, what else could we get as filler for other stages?

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
They're definitely top tier, but not anywhere close to the levels of pre-patch Diddy or Bayonetta by any stretch of the imagination.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I could easily see Sylux be a promotional spirit and just leaving it at that. I don't personally believe Spirits mean anything, but i'll play devil's advocate here for a second: if you go by the logic that Poochy is the running because there is only a "Yarn Poochy" spirit and no regular Poochy spirit, wouldn't a "Crafted Poochy" spirit also not mean anything?
Hey! a new face around here. Hi, welcome to the thread

LetterO

Smash Lord
I feel like giving out a hot take.

Knuckles is the AT I'd want to get a promotion first if possible. Then, Shovel Knight.

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237

Knuckles is the AT I'd want to get a promotion first if possible. Then, Shovel Knight.
I wouldn't call that a hot take, because I totally agree. I fell in love with the scrapped Project M Knuckles as soon as the first leaked footage of him released, so I would love to see Sakurai's interpretation of the character.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
The first 3 are really bad choices
Eh, big disagree.

Waluigi would be a fun character. He has legitimate fans and the rotten eggs are the vocal minority.

While I don't want Ashley myself (9-Volt squad lets go), I can definitely see her appeal and like Waluigi, she has legitimate fans.

Shadow would be cool and has unique moves that can definitely seperate him from Sonic enough to at least be a semi-clone.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ugh. If you get caught in one of her combos, just...like...wiggle around or something
View attachment 183893
SHUT UP, MEG VIRIDI.

Why not 5 Assist Trophy promotions? I'd like to see a future DLC pack that has 'em. In no particular order though, I'd love to have Isaac, Zero, Alucard, Waluigi, and Ashley playable.

D

Deleted member

Current meta be like:

I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if they need nerfs or not, but one thing's for sure: I suck with them, lol. Still love them, though. :D

TBH it's not just Inklings I suck at Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom