• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't quite think that's the case either. As far as Assist Trophies are concerned, I feel like their only chance now is if DLC support continues going on strong and we run out of candidates for whatever reason. Take JDog's post for example:

Putting aside the T-Pose-ish nature of these hilariously-unfinished grab animations, it's possible certain Assist trophies may be promoted in the future. The characters aren't exactly new to Smash, but keep in mind that Reggie is specifically referring to the advertising nature of the current Fighter's Pass. If we are to assume that there are future Fighter's Passes, the intentions behind them may vary.
I was actually arguing more-so in the favor of characters who are only Spirits, or were an Assist Trophy previously but aren't in this game (although I'm not sure which characters those could be tbh).

I know that current ATs are very unlikely to be promoted (although I believe they could do it if they wanted to; just make a certain AT unavailable if the fighter is present, just like how it does to specific ATs on certain stages).

D

Deleted member

Alright how about we see a tier list of Spirits that should be playable?

All I’ll say is that I think S Tier should include Rayman, Geno, Shantae, and Fawful...
You forgot the tier above S.

VEEMO TIER

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Assist Trophy "Should be a fighter" Tier List

S Tier (Just need to be in smash already)
Waluigi, Skull Kid, Sukapon, Bomberman, Shovel Knight

A Tier (Are pretty popular and would be cool)
Midna, Ghirahim, Krystal, Black Knight, Sheriff, Prince of Sable, Isaac, Spring Man, Zero, Shadow

B Tier (Any potential, would be cool)
Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Ashley, Riki, Takamaru, Starfy, Dillon, Knuckles, Akira

C Tier (Dream tier, would still be nice but not exciting)
Knuckle Joe, Jeff, Tiki, Dr. Kawashima, Yuri Kozukata, Squid Sisters, Dr. Wily, Guile, Gray Fox, Rodin

D Tier (Would need some serious imagination to make them work, and would generally probably not be well received)
Hammer Bro, Chain Chomp, Mother Brain, Nightmare, Chef Kawasaki, Starman, Phosphora, Dr. Wright, Vince, Nikki, Arcade Bunny, Ghosts

E Tier (Basically just impossible)
Thwomp, Klaptrap, Moon, Metroid, Andross, Burrowing Snagret, Kapp'n, Color TV-Game 15, Devil, Flies & Hand, Devil, Nintendog, Rathalos
How dare you diss Arcade Rabbit like that. Between the Badge Catchers, actual badges, and his emotions, he would have a very good moveset.

Here's my moveset for him: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RZzRznpw8dxcsbgOBfZB2CPtBNq-dMNlt7OtAYwK6Q0/edit?usp=sharing

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, finally 100%'d World of Light. I feel accomplished...especially since I knew about that challenge with Ganondorf and I'm halfway competent with him, so I went for it. Took a few tries, but I got it.

This is weird...now all that's left to do is...play Smash normally. Or redo the WoL on hard (yeah, right)

I did end up having more fun with WoL than I thought. Yeah, some of the spirit battles are stupid hard, but I'm actually excited to do it again. I'd even love it if they set up a new set of Spirits for a new game so you couldn't just bring out your sequence breakers, but you had to earn your way up there.

One thing though - do you notice that there is still space on the map? Especially up in the area near that tunnel where Rayman was that leads to a chest? There's a whole path drawn into the map with nothing on it. Also a few other places have a bit of space or paths but nothing major is on them. That would be cool if they ended up adding more dungeons for DLC characters and their associated spirits...
[imagining a new dungeon up in the Mountains area that's modelled after a Nordic ruin...]

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
sukapon's fists floating next to the hat so kirby can use his nspec
I wonder what it looks like if you were to just detach Kirby’s hands from his model, given that they’re not really affixed to any particular spot on his skin.

(That said, Sukapon’s nspec might be the head projectile, in which case Kirby would just throw his hat at the opponent)

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im gonna be blunt

as a supporter of bandana dee and especially magolor

i think marx is the actual most likely kirby character to be added next

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
If we get a DQ character I'd rather it be Erdrick since we already got Piranha Plant and that's what Slime looks like. An generic enemy. We don't need two in a row.
TBH I never understood the argument that "basic enemies" shouldn't get playable spots. I mean, like, they're kinda one of the most important parts of video games...period.

For example, try and imagine a Mario game without any enemies in it at all. No goombas, no koopa troopas, nothing. It'd be really, really boring and empty.

...What the hell has Sukapon been through?
I think he's referring to the fact Sakurai has admitted that Sukapon was actually supposed to basically be the first assist trophy, as early as Melee. He would have been an item that characters could jump on and then ride around.

And then he got scrapped in the planning phase and then forgotten for almost 20 years.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
In his defense, Giga Bowser and Ganon are boss characters too (or if you want to get technical, they are boss forms). It isn't out of the question to assume that Marx could get a "downgraded" version of himself to be playable in the same way that Bowser and Ganondorf are.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Of course we need more generic enemies, Goomba still isn't playable.

"How would he even pick up items?" How does he hold a bat in baseball?! It's floating right next to him! Either it'd be like Mewtwo or he picks an item up with his mouth like Duck Hunt Doge.

"What would his moveset even be?" I'll just say Goomba's Shoe as an example.
Imagine if Goomba took damage every time he was footstool jumped...

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In his defense, Giga Bowser and Ganon are boss characters too (or if you want to get technical, they are boss forms). It isn't out of the question to assume that Marx could get a "downgraded" version of himself to be playable in the same way that Bowser and Ganondorf are.
Hey if Bowser and Ganon can be bosses even though they're already playable, Marx has just as much of a right to gain the ability to kick his own [rear end].

edit: :ultgreninja: comin' through.

But his memorable attacks are in that boss form, I doubt you’d be able to create a full moveset with JUST tiny unpowered Marx as well as simplify his boss form as a Final Smash in the context of this game

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
But his memorable attacks are in that boss form, I doubt you’d be able to create a full moveset with JUST tiny unpowered Marx as well as simplify his boss form as a Final Smash in the context of this game
i mean

still isn't going to be playable in ultimate tho

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They don't really need to base him off his boss form, though; Giga Bowser boss is just beefed up Giant Bowser.

They could think about Marx as a character separately.

I don't think it'll happen in this game, though.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Hey, do you guys ever check your records? Just curious to know how much play time you guys have with your mains.

For me, I have 8 hours and 21 minutes of Lucina play time so far.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
TBH I never understood the argument that "basic enemies" shouldn't get playable spots. I mean, like, they're kinda one of the most important parts of video games...period.

For example, try and imagine a Mario game without any enemies in it at all. No goombas, no koopa troopas, nothing. It'd be really, really boring and empty.
I mean... to be fair, levels in a platformer can be designed to be compelling without enemies, featuring just environmental hazards (look at significant portions of games like Celeste and Super Meat Boy for example.) This kind of design wouldn’t fit the tone of Mario very well (it promotes more of a feeling of seclusion, a just you against the whole world conspiring against you sort of thing) but I’m just saying.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Well, finally 100%'d World of Light. I feel accomplished...especially since I knew about that challenge with Ganondorf and I'm halfway competent with him, so I went for it. Took a few tries, but I got it.

This is weird...now all that's left to do is...play Smash normally. Or redo the WoL on hard (yeah, right)

I did end up having more fun with WoL than I thought. Yeah, some of the spirit battles are stupid hard, but I'm actually excited to do it again. I'd even love it if they set up a new set of Spirits for a new game so you couldn't just bring out your sequence breakers, but you had to earn your way up there.

One thing though - do you notice that there is still space on the map? Especially up in the area near that tunnel where Rayman was that leads to a chest? There's a whole path drawn into the map with nothing on it. Also a few other places have a bit of space or paths but nothing major is on them. That would be cool if they ended up adding more dungeons for DLC characters and their associated spirits...
[imagining a new dungeon up in the Mountains area that's modelled after a Nordic ruin...]
I think there will probably be a DLC expansion but I doubt it will use the existing maps. They'll want to show off new art. But yeah, not even half of the spirits were used in World of Light, and there will probably be a lot of new spirits added for the DLC characters or for upcoming games, so I could see it.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i just realized how weird it is that dark meta knight didn't get a spirit but has a costume while galacta knight has both

that would probably be the easiest spirit to make tbh (dark meta knight alt, reflects projectiles, reset bomb forest with no hazards)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey, do you guys ever check your records? Just curious to know how much play time you guys have with your mains.

For me, I have 8 hours and 21 minutes of Lucina play time so far.
It's all just

:ultinkling: 50 KOs
:ultkrool:69 KOs
:ultincineroar:156 KOs

i just

i want more kirby in smash

i'll take literally anything at this point
Bandanna Dee's gotta be in Smash 6!

R-Right?

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bandanna Dee was on the list of fighters Nintendo gave Sakurai. He tore off that piece.

He didn't make it? He won't take it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom