• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Just putting this out there..
You know how we'll get Eevee and Pikachu spirits from Pokemon Go (whether for game installation or given). Well, that's your Sylux answer. I think he'll simply be added when Metroid Prime 4 is out, not a DLC character or anything (I didn't believe he'd be one anyway). So who knows, maybe Porky when Mother 3 comes out?

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
There were a few in Brawl, but yeah not since then.
Amazing Mirror came out after Air Ride IIRC, right? It got a remix in Smash 4.

(It’s kind of easy to forget these if one considers the post Sakurai era to begin with something like SSU or RTDL even though that’s inaccurate, I guess, I forgot about those until you reminded me)

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
You know how we'll get Eevee and Pikachu spirits from Pokemon Go (whether for game installation or given). Well, that's your Sylux answer. I think he'll simply be added when Metroid Prime 4 is out, not a DLC character or anything (I didn't believe he'd be one anyway). So who knows, maybe Porky when Mother 3 comes out?

yeah right, mother 3 is never coming out over here

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
SLime is a protagonist of a few games and actually is part of the story for a few of them
Man, what a weird time-line we live in, getting Jack Frost before Joker or any other Persona character, amirite?

Double K

Smash Lord

Man, what a weird time-line we live in, getting Jack Frost before Joker or any other Persona character, amirite?
Its more to say that calling Slime (Jack Frost too) a 'generic enemy' would not be right. It'd b like calling Pikachu a random mon.

LetterO

Smash Lord

yeah right, mother 3 is never coming out over here
It's just as stupid as thinking Nintendo will actually listen and announce Metroid Prime 4.

Since at least 2014, Nintendo has known we've wanted Mother 3. They know the demand is there. Next year is also Mother's 30th anniversary. It all adds up.

or it's just a big coincidence and I got too into it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's just as stupid as thinking Nintendo will actually listen and announce Metroid Prime 4.

Since at least 2014, Nintendo has known we've wanted Mother 3. They know the demand is there. Next year is also Mother's 30th anniversary. It all adds up.

Btw, why Mother 3 never had an official localization?

also didn't like everyone played its fan translation

Bionichute

Smash Champion

id love it to happen but like

its a decade old gameboy advance game that already wasn't amazingly popular in japan (shocking, i know). the only way to make a re-release sell would be a full on remake or something

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Its more to say that calling Slime (Jack Frost too) a 'generic enemy' would not be right. It'd b like calling Pikachu a random mon.
Still, pfft, Slime? More like Slame!

(I'm kidding, please put your murder weapons down)

They're all "generic", but I was just being tongue-in-cheek, lmao.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
On the whole DQ thing, I just wanna ask since I’m not familiar with the series, is there one game in the series that people consider the best/most important? Like does the series have an equivalent to FFVII?

Amazing Mirror came out after Air Ride IIRC, right? It got a remix in Smash 4.

(It’s kind of easy to forget these if one considers the post Sakurai era to begin with something like SSU or RTDL even though that’s inaccurate, I guess, I forgot about those until you reminded me)
I completely forgot, so one in my he last game then.

Since everyone else is doing it...

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i think people forget that a lot of smash's original team worked on the mother series, which is why the mother series is treated so well in smash bros. like, magicant is a level that exists entirely to shove in as many references to the first two games as possible

sakurai at least seems to be a fan of the series, so i COOOOULLLLLDDDD see him decide to do something for it to celebrate the 30th

Bionichute

Smash Champion
porky is basically a "i could see it happening, but i don't want to jump to conclusions and get excited" kinda character

LetterO

Smash Lord
So does anyone have any ideas or can point me to any ideas for Porky’s/Pokey’s moveset?
I mean, there's Smash Bros. Crusade that exists, but there was also this cool 3D image of a bunch of Porkys on a stage that I do not have.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
If Mother 3 gets localized it'll be a ****show and the fan translation will end up being superior
It's basic monkey's paw rules

D

Deleted member

If Mother 3 gets localized it'll be a ****show and the fan translation will end up being superior
It's basic monkey's paw rules
I don't give a dang about silly nonsense like that.

Mother 3 would be on the Switch and that's rad.

Double K

Smash Lord
On the whole DQ thing, I just wanna ask since I’m not familiar with the series, is there one game in the series that people consider the best/most important? Like does the series have an equivalent to FFVII?
Generally speaking for gaming history

3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 1/2 => 6 > 7 > 11 > 9 > 10

Was fine.

The petting mini-game was not something worth missing.
There were way more problems with its translation than the petting game.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Are people who think its absence is a bad thing exist? Like, come on, Fire Emblem isn't Pokemon.
This is the equivalent of people who think people only hated the DMC reboot because Dante's hair was a different color.
The petting minigame was absolutely FAR from the only thing wrong with Fates's translation.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Dude, we have a mod here, just say you want a warning.
I apologize, but there is nothing that pisses me off more than when someone goes "OH YOU'RE JUST MAD THE CREEPY PETTING GAME IS GONE"
This isn't bait like I usually post btw, I'm being serious.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Are people who think its absence is a bad thing exist? Like, come on, Fire Emblem isn't Pokemon.
Yes actually. There's a lot of purist out there who think all censorship is evil, no matter how justified or how minor. And there's probably some weebs out there who think that creepy minigame was the best possible addition to FE conceivable too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom