• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly Psaro would be a hype addition to Smash. Especially if Dragon Quest was in the base game having him as a boss character.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Glad to see all the DQ 11 love, since I'm a Dragon Quest fan.

The Switch port can't come soon enough, it was literally one of the first games announced for it and it's the version I'm waiting for.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyone else struggling with spacing in this game? I used to be able to land Marth's and Charizard's tippers fairly consistently in 4 but seem to be struggling in this one.

My guess is that that the hitboxes were slightly tweaked, or that the increase in game speed just makes prescision more difficult in general. Or maybe both.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyone else struggling with spacing in this game? I used to be able to land Marth's and Charizard's tippers fairly consistently in 4 but seem to be struggling in this one.

My guess is that that the hitboxes were slightly tweaked, or that the increase in game speed just makes prescision more difficult in general. Or maybe both.
Yeah, everyone moves faster. hits faster in the air, stops on a dime, and dodges through your attacks like it's mid-air Dark Souls now.

So screw it, I'm dropping Marth and going hard Ike/Wolf.
mercenary.png

Going full team mercenaries.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Lucina and Chrom should have both just been alt costumes like Alph.
Heeeeeeell no. Especially considering Chrom has notable differences from Roy gameplay and model-wise, this wouldn't even make sense.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hector should have been added as an Ike echo too. Also..l the more people complain about Fire Emblem in Smash the more I want more characters from it.

Double K

Smash Lord
Ex-****ing-cuse me? DQ8 though.
And DQ8 is...?
Only relevant in the West and for new people to the franchise. Hand of the Heavenly Bride is generally viewed by a lot of the fans as one of the best games and Cursed King is kind of in an awkward spot where its core fanbase is nostalgia junkies.

EDIT: I'm not saying this as a knock to DQ8 but its big contributions to the franchise are skill points and fully 3D world.

DQ5 is the FE4 of the franchise, so to speak

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
but Alph would be cool. He could literally just be Olimar but with Rock Pikmin and slight stat changes. He just needs 4 more alt. colors.

The differences don't warrant being another character. Echos are purely a way to inflate the roster count.
Not really. It's so we can get wanted and cool characters with less effort being put in. If it weren't for echos, we wouldn't have gotten popular picks like Dark Samus, Daisy, and Chrom, and we wouldn't have gotten cool characters like Richter.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The differences don't warrant being another character. Echos are purely a way to inflate the roster count.
They're inflations that are represented by characters a sizeable audience wants.
Your point?

Yeah, everyone moves faster. hits faster in the air, stops on a dime, and dodges through your attacks like it's mid-air Dark Souls now.
Seriously, even Ganondorf seems kind of viable now (still have his crappy recovery tho). Vermanubis, a Dorf main even placed 9th at 'Don't park on the grass', the 1st Ultimate major a few days ago.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
yikes

Except... them being echoes are exactly the point of them not inflating the roster count. Because, you know. They can be merged with their base characters? Because you know. The Echos took like no development time?

There's really no reason to complain about Echoes. At all. If you dont want then making your roster huge, merge em. If you don't ever want to use them, don't. They're there to make Chrom, Daisy, Ken, etc. fans happy. What's not to like?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im really excited for the part in joker's classic mode where you get to beat robin to death with a crowbar

Bionichute

Smash Champion
the most exciting thing for me if erdrick is revealed is going to be the reactions of people mostly going "who is that"

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Shame Etika ran off. He'd be losing his **** thinking it was Goku.
as much as people don't really like the idea of slime, putting slime in instead of erdrick would honestly be a smarter move since, even in the west, everyone knows what the dragon quest slime is

erdrick's just like, a guy

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im sure by the time erdrick is revealed people will know who he is, but only because people are talking about erdrick in smash

Double K

Smash Lord
as much as people don't really like the idea of slime, putting slime in instead of erdrick would honestly be a smarter move since, even in the west, everyone knows what the dragon quest slime is

erdrick's just like, a guy
As much as I like Slime, Erdrick's iconography and DQ3 is referenced in virtually every JRPG-- even Nier Automata references him specifically with the Cypress Stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom