• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It was when I was getting the majority of my losses from Chrom/Lucina/Robin/Marth when I realized that maybe people aren't mad that there's 7 FE characters, but are mad that 4 of them all have similar playstyles.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It was when I was getting the majority of my losses from Chrom/Lucina/Robin/Marth when I realized that maybe people aren't mad that there's 7 FE characters, but are mad that 4 of them all have similar playstyles.

Welcome to the O tier, my friend.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Lucina and Chrom should have both just been alt costumes like Alph.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well to be fair, Robin's a bit more different than the Marth variants.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tiers? Oh gosh, I can't imagine how low I'd be. xD
Are you a troll? Do you start arguments and crap on other users? Do you post or agree with racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/generally bigoted and not very nice things?

No?

Congratulations! You're S tier!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we're making DLC Predictions, here's mine:

DLC Fighter Pack #2: A Dragon Quest Character

I'll admit that I don't know enough about DQ to accurately pick who it would be specifically, but I do feel this is happening. Dragon Quest is GIANT in Japan, and I personally think most of this DLC is gonna have the potential to be Japanese picks. I could be wrong, but that's the gut feeling I'm going with.

DLC Fighter Pack #3: Steve

I feel it, I really do, and it's not just because of the rumors. Minecraft is a household name, an icon in gaming. It's huge around the world, and outside of a vocal minority on Smash communities, it would be a crowd pleaser, especially to younger players. Sakurai has even stated his own fondness for the game.

DLC Fighter Pack #4: Gen 8 Pokemon

I don't think all 5 DLC characters will be 3rd party. I think we're definitely getting at least one more Nintendo character with Piranha Plant, and a Pokemon makes the most sense IMO. They're popular, and they have unlimited moveset potential, and it guarantees purchases.

DLC Fighter Pack #5: Undertale Character

I'm with Noipoi Noipoi on this. It would be the ultimate surprise, the pick no one saw coming; the pick to top Bayo and Joker in the "DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN!!!???" levels of unpredictability. I'm not confident enough to pinpoint exactly who it would be, but TBH I think realistically it's gonna be Frisk or Sans. If it is Frisk, though, that won't be what they're called: They will be referred to as "Human" or, "Fallen Human".

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, that's what they say. Can't complain about that if we got Hector, though. It's quite literally impossible to, for clear reasons.

I do think you meant Roy, however.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be amusing that if Sans becomes a DLC characters, casual/kid players would have to suffer wave after wave of the bone zone by a huge base of Sans flying around.

As if one would say:
"Mommy, why am I getting hit by white sticks?"

Last edited:

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice

I feel it, I really do, and it's not just because of the rumors. Minecraft is a household name, an icon in gaming. It's huge around the world, and outside of a vocal minority on Smash communities, it would be a crowd pleaser, especially to younger players. Sakurai has even stated his own fondness for the game.
I don’t play or know too well every character in Smash but I like them all nonetheless. I don’t play any of the FE characters nor would I consider myself a fan but I’m happy for their fan base regardless. I don’t play Pokémon but sure, Greninja and Incineroar. Why not?

That said, the only character I would legitimately be disappointed with is MineCraft Steve. I think he’s bland and stylistically he doesn’t fit the cast. But gz to his fans if he makes the cut.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

I'll admit that I don't know enough about DQ to accurately pick who it would be specifically, but I do feel this is happening. Dragon Quest is GIANT in Japan, and I personally think most of this DLC is gonna have the potential to be Japanese picks. I could be wrong, but that's the gut feeling I'm going with.

DLC Fighter Pack #4: Gen 8 Pokemon

I don't think all 5 DLC characters will be 3rd party. I think we're definitely getting at least one more Nintendo character with Piranha Plant, and a Pokemon makes the most sense IMO. They're popular, and they have unlimited moveset potential, and it guarantees purchases.

DLC Fighter Pack #5: Undertale Character

I'm with Noipoi Noipoi on this. It would be the ultimate surprise, the pick no one saw coming; the pick to top Bayo and Joker in the "DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN!!!???" levels of unpredictability. I'm not confident enough to pinpoint exactly who it would be, but TBH I think realistically it's gonna be Frisk or Sans. If it is Frisk, though, that won't be what they're called: They will be referred to as "Human" or, "Fallen Human".
Why do I feel like people are vastly overestimating steve's "iconic" status?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
DUDE, YES, INAZUMA ELEVEN WAS MY ****ING CHILDHOOD.

You do not understand how long I've had the openings stuck to my head.
how many people here that know about inazuma eleven know that it was made by level-5

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh man, tiering ourselves?

I see why I haven’t been tiered yet...my ranking would have to be on a...curve :troll:.

I’ll be here forever. I’m not even a dad yet, and my humor is unstoppable.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Why do I feel like people are vastly overestimating steve's "iconic" status?
i think people are misinterpreting minecraft's iconicity and attaching it to a character that you literally never have to use, and most people never will

Probably zero.

Which is a shame because they don't know about this:
yokai watch has a bunch of inazuma eleven references in the anime

because it is also by level-5

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh man, tiering ourselves?

I see why I haven’t been tiered yet...my ranking would have to be on a...curve :troll:.

I’ll be here forever. I’m not even a dad yet, and my humor is unstoppable.
I swear you've been tiered...

A few people have "tiered" the people who tend to bring arguments to the table that people are afraid to challenge or accept without question, like Vaan or you.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
its impressive that they managed to cover up a lot of these bugs (something you can generally expect with a roster this big) and still came out with a very high quality product

Iridium

Smash Hero
Uh, what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a7rym1
Ultimate really is broken, huh? Mega Man shifting from 3D to 2D like that.

Or is he :ultgnw: in disguise?
And for a different thing to look at, for anyone who has the game. Knowing that :ultgnw: is technically still 3D like everybody else, has anyone actually looked at the model (through Amiibo settings) by turning him back and forth?

Makes for something that isn't seen often.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
And for a different thing to look at, for anyone who has the game. Knowing that :ultgnw: is technically still 3D like everybody else, has anyone actually looked at the model (through Amiibo settings) by turning him back and forth?

game and watch is magic, have you beaten classic mode with him? flat through the entire credits game, its weird as hell

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Atleast they’re all fun
I think he meant Roy...

We have so many Fire Emblem characters, that we're confusing them with each other. :4pacman:
They’re all Marths anyways
Uh, what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a7rym1
Ultimate really is broken, huh? Mega Man shifting from 3D to 2D like that.

Or is he :ultgnw: in disguise?
This game really is Ultimate

Double K

Smash Lord

It would be Erdrick (DQ3), Abel (DQ5) or the Luminary (DQ11)

DQ3 is iconic, DQ5 is fanfavorite and DQ11 is the most recent

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And for a different thing to look at, for anyone who has the game. Knowing that :ultgnw: is technically still 3D like everybody else, has anyone actually looked at the model (through Amiibo settings) by turning it back and forth?

Well, he's never been "truly" 2D. I remember seeing his 3D model way back in the day and going "huh.".

Certain stages simulate G&W's flatness, notably Flatzone.
I was going to say that but I've been trying to verify if Mario Maker does. Can't find info on it making people flat and can't be bothered to check myself right now.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
DQ8 is the one where everyone's super british, right? I think there's a character named Jessica.
It's literally the one I thought of when people mentioned DQ around me before I played DQ XI

I am currently part way through 8 and haven't touched it in ages but wanna go back to it at some point

Bionichute

Smash Champion
dq8 is mostly well known over here because its the only one that got any sort of success until dq11. i don't know how its considered in japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom