• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
my personal favorite is dq7, mostly because its honestly just beautiful in places? the arc with the robots attacking the kingdom has a really incredible twist and was the moment i fell in love with the game

Untouch

Smash Master
If the discussion hadn't entirely shifted to Erdrick, I would say that Eight is the most likely, there was a Japanese poll for favourite games of all time and DQ3 was #3, but DQ8 was #4.
DQ8 is probably by far the most popular in the West.

People say that Erdrick is the Cloud of Dragon Quest but 3 doesn't have the Western appeal that 8 has.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If the discussion hadn't entirely shifted to Erdrick, I would say that Eight is the most likely, there was a Japanese poll for favourite games of all time and DQ3 was #3, but DQ8 was #4.

People say that Erdrick is the Cloud of Dragon Quest but 3 doesn't have the Western appeal that 8 has.
Pretty much.

If anyone asked me who the "Cloud" was I'd still probably say it's Eight.

Though I'm team "skeptical about DQ rep" for now, as much as I'd love to see one.

Im sure this teir stuff wont make people grow a big head, im sure
It will only grow the heads of people who already have big heads. I wouldn't worry about it.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i wouldn't be shocked if square enix actually lets them use anything for dragon quest (barring music for legal issues) unlike they did with cloud, because the games are so highly regarded in japan that there might actually be an outcry if they didn't.

square very obviously considers final fantasy a product, but dragon quest is an entirely different story, they haven't futzed with the formula that much because of it

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Well as much as I’d prefer Eight, not everything is about the West.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well as much as I’d prefer Eight, not everything is about the West.
He didn't say "because it's popular in the west", he basically said "because it's really popular in the east and even moreso in the west" tho

It'd be one thing if it was only popular here lol

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
He didn't say "because it's popular in the west", he basically said "because it's really popular in the east and even moreso in the west" tho

It'd be one thing if it was only popular here lol
i really wanna know what numbers 1 and 2 on that list are though

Iridium

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter to me if we get Erdrick, Eight or whoever, as long as it's a swordfighter. I personally can't get enough of swords.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I dont care who he add is a DQ character is in minus jade because humans cant control themselve when a female character exsist
I'm having deja vu but also -> Jessica tho <-

Also Jade all things considered is pretty badass anyway. *shrug*. Would be a claw/polearm/martial arts user.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
It doesn't matter to me if we get Erdrick, Eight or whoever, as long as it's a swordfighter. I personally can't get enough of swords.
a dragon quest sword character would most likely end up having a mix of swords and magic

i just realized that erdrick's/whoever's up special should totally be zoom

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I dont care who he add is a DQ character is in minus jade because humans cant control themselve when a female character exsist
Jade would be a lame choice. She has no personality. After she joins the party her character development is nonexistent. She’s literally a playable background character.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Jade would be a lame choice. She has no personality. After she joins the party her character development is nonexistent. She’s literally a playable background character.
i mean i'd disagree but i

literally never used her aside from when i was forced to.

i like her as a character i guess but sylvando and rab are ten times better as characters

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Id rather have Rab, dude is great
I would also like Rab.
I'm not picky.

But tbh I'd probably like Jade's moveset more just cause of the polearm vs Rab's magic.
Though he could use pearly gates.......

meh. I like her conceptually anyway.
Her available attacks/weapons and combat affinity I just like.

But I mean she definitely does weak development in general I'll give you that.
Kinda clunky.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
i mean i'd disagree but i

literally never used her aside from when i was forced to.

i like her as a character i guess but sylvando and rab are ten times better as characters
The only time she gets character development is when she isn’t playable.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, I found out that this is going to be a real thing in a few days:

Japan really does get the good stuff. Probably will look close enough to this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
okay you literally missed out on the most useful party member in the entire game. he's legitimately a better healer than the actual healer character, sylvando is a jack of all trades, master of everything
I know he was. I intentionally kept him the reserves to be the power backup when I ****ed up otherwise.
I didn't miss out on anything, man.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Erik is basically the opposite of Jade. He gets more development but he’s nearly useless in battle.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Erik is basically the opposite of Jade. He gets more development but he’s nearly useless in battle.
On the contrary, he was also in my reserves as backup in case i needed a huge burst of damage all at once against something.
I'm pretty sure I had a specific use for everybody.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
okay you literally missed out on the most useful party member in the entire game. he's legitimately a better healer than the actual healer character, sylvando is a jack of all trades, master of everything
His backstory, Great
His character development, great
His Hustle Dance, GREAT
Sylv himself, Wonderful

culumon

Smash Apprentice
There is only one viable option for a Dragon Quest rep and his name begins with Y and ends with angus.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All's I'm saying is I beat the game with a primary party of characters I particularly liked for one reason or another despite what many people might think of them, and had a strong reserve to fill in gaps because it takes literally no effort to swap anyone in for any purpose... like I was playing the game the way I wanted in order to have the most fun that I personally deemed :p

Thanks

There is only one viable option for a Dragon Quest rep and his name begins with Y and ends with angus.
also this, gov

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay okay, new tier list. This time it's a Taunt tier list.

S+++ Tier: Dedede's crouch
S Tier: "Okay", Snake's Box, and everything from Captain Falcon
A Tier: Everything else

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Erik is pretty good in battle if you out work into him, he is my fav along with Sylv
Honestly I gave him the best weapons I coukd afford and he did literally nothing. I pretty much stuck with the hero, Jade, Hendrik and Sylvando. The first 3 pretty much shred every enemy thanks to Sylvando.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly I gave him the best weapons I coukd afford and he did literally nothing. I pretty much stuck with the hero, Jade, Hendrik and Sylvando. The first 3 pretty much shred every enemy thanks to Sylvando.
i could get pretty much the strongest burst out of erik though
divide is broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom