• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, I don't think Undertale is a gift of the heavens born from Jesus and Satan high-during the full blue moon, but I wouldn't call it average.

It's a solid "great" in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Imagine some stupid kid that doesn’t make puns and shoot lasers getting into Smash

This post was brought to you by the Sans gang
Imagine wanting someone who's already in Smash to be DLC

This post was made by Matpat gang

NineS

Smash Lord
Nah it’s ok, I find it funny that people are so offended that someone finds the game rightfully average.

I don’t want to be a god, I already am one.
we're not offended, we just openly disagree with your opinion.

however I will also openly disagree with the end of your post. you are not a god. because in a world where something like this exists:

There cannot be one.

At least, not a non-sadist one.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
do you weirdos live in the sound test or something

if any of your matches are chill enough to be punctuated with extended music listening time... you obviously aren't taunting enough. :p

Double K

Smash Lord
do you weirdos live in the sound test or something

if any of your matches are chill enough to be punctuated with extended music listening time... you obviously aren't taunting enough. :p
I got a LP to watch and some Granblue Livestream to view

also... ****, latest episode of Goblin Slayer, ugh

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Late to the FE discussion but I have this to say;

People don't hate FE because of swords, they just hate it because there's a lot of FE in Smash, especially compared to some other more popular franchises. It doesn't matter how unique the hypothetical next FE character is or what weapon they use will be, people will riot anyway. Corrin is way more unique then 90% of lancers or axemen have any hopes of being and they are still hated.

Saying "this FE cjaracter won't be poorly recieved because axes" is like saying "this new FE character won't be poorly received because their hair isn't blue". People will find something to hate about them.

Double K

Smash Lord
Late to the FE discussion but I have this to say;

People don't hate FE because of swords, they just hate it because there's a lot of FE in Smash, especially compared to some other more popular franchises. It doesn't matter how unique the hypothetical next FE character is or what weapon they use will be, people will riot anyway. Corrin is way more unique then 90% of lancers or axemen have any hopes of being and they are still hated.

Saying "this FE cjaracter won't be poorly recieved because axes" is like saying "this new FE character won't be poorly received because their hair isn't blue". People will find something to hate about them.
I mean, people were giving **** to Cloud for Anime Swordsman

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean, people were giving **** to Cloud for Anime Swordsman
People give **** to what is perceived to be in overabundance.

Like how people were fine with FE prior to 4. Then they were mad at space furries and their tanks.

If Smash was based around western characters, you'd have people mad at all the gun-users.

It is what it is. But the hate for FE or anime whatever is misdirected, it's mostly people mad at imbalance.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I missed Undertale Music discussion? Damn.

also spear of justice > battle against a true hero

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If that leak is true then I would be happy with Rayman and Erdrick would be ok, but Steve/Alex and Heihachi would really take the wind out of my sails in regards to the Fighter Pass.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
I'm fairly certain the Erdrick leak is piggybacking on existing leaks. Granblue Fantasy Arc Sys game was predicted by Verge, P5R is being predicted by Mystic.
If you ask me, Erdrick is the safest of safe picks at this point, which is why I doubt this is real.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm fairly certain the Erdrick leak is piggybacking on existing leaks. Granblue Fantasy Arc Sys game was predicted by Verge, P5R is being predicted by Mystic.
If you ask me, Erdrick is the safest of safe picks at this point, which is why I doubt this is real.
Thing is it was posted on 5ch, a Japanese imageboard.

That begs to question as to if there are Japanese people looking at english leaks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I left the thread for like 45 minutes and I come back to see people badmouthing Crush 40 and disregarding hifumi.

Can't take you kids anywhere sheesh
I once heard Crush 40 on the radio but it turned out it was just any other radio-friendly rock band from the early 00s. :p

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So far this seems to be the rumored list.

Joker
Erdrick(or another SE character possibly)
Lloyd/Yuri
Steve(maybe Banjo)
?????

So what's everyone satisfaction with the DLC if this rumored list is true?

link2702

Smash Champion
So I wasn’t sure if this deserved a new topic or not, and heck it’s probably even been brought up before already, but... I’ve been thinking...

Was ultimate potentially rushed for release? Lately Nintendo has been very “good” about having games they’ve announced to be released by a certain day, month, and/or year, sticking to that schedule, which is something they used to not have a good track record on.

The reason i ask this, is while ultimate still feels very polished in multiplayer, it also feels a bit light in areas...namely single player content, echo fighter differences, etc, that normally smash games have been decent about fleshing out, usually causing delays, but still. I mean, we all know smash is at its core, all about multiplayer, but they’ve usually never been this barebones in the single player category.

It feels like ultimate pushed focus completely on multiplayer and ensuring that “everyone is here” and we know that some characters were harder to negotiate for reappearing than others. So what if those negotiations took the bulk of time, followed by movesets, balance, stability, etc, and pressed for time, sakurai and his team had to prioritize all that and come up with something light for single player? hence no stadium modes anymore, WOL being fairly lackluster, and echoes (aside from a few) being more or less copy/pasted from the original with at best some new taunts, rolls etc.

And now that brings me to my next question...could this mean all the stuff they couldn’t get by the deadline be free dlc? Like break the targets or home run contest? Or could echoes be fleshed out a bit more down the line?

We know new stuff like original dlc characters are gonna have to be paid for, but what if old single player content is released free? This would also help extend the life of the game a bit as well as keeping folks coming back during the wait for the next dlc character.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
So far this seems to be the rumored list.

Joker
Erdrick(or another SE character possibly)
Lloyd/Yuri
Steve(maybe Banjo)
?????

So what's everyone satisfaction with the DLC if this rumored list is true?
Joker and Steve are the only ones that interest me. I'd be pretty disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom