• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
True, but it wouldn't be as weird to see Sans fighting.

Frisk only legit fights in genocide. It's kind of impossible to represent what Undertale is in full with a Frisk that fights.
Well since the game is more about not killing and Sans being the final boss of genocide run it doesn’t make sense for him to be playable.

They should use a better character like Undyne... or even Papyrus.

D

Deleted member

Well since the game is more about not killing and Sans being the final boss of genocide run it doesn’t make sense for him to be playable.

They should use a better character like Undyne... or even Papyrus.
Papryus would 100% be my choice but Sans just has more recognizabilty. He's kind of like the face of the game; similar to how Isabelle is the face of Animal Crossing.

D

Deleted member

Also I guess if anyone was wondering, NateDrake believes those 4chan posts about Joker and Erdrick are fake.

Mainly due to the fact of the fact of Persona 5 to Switch feels like another "GTAV/FFVIIR and FFXV coming to Switch" situation. I mean, aside from The Game Awards and what happened, they still have a better ratio of accuracy above all the other insiders, but who knows. They knew the Grinch Leak was fake, but then TGA happened.

I'm torn.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I refer to Lucas back in Brawl.

Back then people outside of Japan wouldn’t have heard of him that much.
*****, the beginning of Mother 3’s wild localization ride went all the way back since 2007.

Source: Ask Reggie.

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you know how you guys keep saying Square Enix is airtight when it comes to leaks?

Guess what game just leaked online in its entirety 6 weeks early?

NineS

Smash Lord
Also I guess if anyone was wondering, NateDrake believes those 4chan posts about Joker and Erdrick are fake.

Mainly due to the fact of the fact of Persona 5 to Switch feels like another "GTAV/FFVIIR and FFXV coming to Switch" situation. I mean, aside from The Game Awards and what happened, they still have a better ratio of accuracy above all the other insiders, but who knows. They knew the Grinch Leak was fake, but then TGA happened.

I'm torn.
I don't know about the 4chan posts, but I know of a leaker who specializes in Atlus content with an extremely good track record in terms of that content.
Here's what they had to say:

This was on 12/7/18.
Talks of a P5 port has been going on with Nintendo since at least mid 2017. He deleted the original posts, but has commented on them recently again,
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So while I do not believe whatever Joker/Erdrick leak there may be involving 4chan, I do believe that we are getting a Persona 5 port on switch some time next year, and I believe this man who leaked it.

D

Deleted member

Literally there’s only 1 good song.
900.jpg

You tryin' to start something? Y'all better be ready to rumble with posts like that...

Nah that's cool everyone has their own tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:

NineS

Smash Lord
Literally there’s only 1 good song.
You shouldn't have said that.
You unleashed hell!
You're going to have a bad time!
REEEEEEEEE--
but yeah seriously i have to disagree, I love spider dance, mad dummy, ghost fight, megalovania (overrated I know but it's catchy), bonetrousle, fight against a true hero, spear of justice, etc.

it's just good music to me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Smash always has great soundtracks, possibly the best out there, but honestly most of the time I'm playing I'm a lot more focused on things other than what music is playing in the background. So what music a new series might bring with it is great and all, especially some fantastic remixes, but to me at least, it's always a pretty ancillary factor compared to the character and stage.

Like, I'm not going to pick a stage I don't like just because it has music I do like, but I would pick a stage I liked even if I disliked all the music (regarding the default layout at least). Maybe that's just me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

honestly people punking on sans earthbound in smash but I would be cool with it tbh

PlugMeister

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PlugMeistr
Switch FC
SW-7021-0200-5077
To all you guys saying you'd rather not have an Undertale character, go listen to the game's soundtrack and get back to me.
I did greatly enjoy both Undertale and Deltarune as well as their soundtracks, but still... no.

NineS

Smash Lord
I mean the whole game is pretty overrated.
I don’t really care honestly.
If you had a death wish you could've just openly said so.

because this isn't looking good.
If you wanted to become as a god, just be blint with that request.

because if there's one thing people universally agree on, like sonic music, it's that undertale music is pretty good. decent at worst. But to each their own, I suppose.
Except when it comes to Jerry. Screw Jerry. No one likes Jerry, I sure don't. Jerry reminds me of my profile picture, because it is **** at best.

D

Deleted member

Running a 16 player level 9 cpu tournament and this ****ing Inkling just 3 stocked Bowser and squidbagged while he was being star koed these cpus are something else man

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Alright, guys. let's not gang up on Praline and their incredibly wrong opinions.
Nah it’s ok, I find it funny that people are so offended that someone finds the game rightfully average.

If you had a death wish you could've just openly said so.

because this isn't looking good.
If you wanted to become as a god, just be blint with that request.

because if there's one thing people universally agree on, like sonic music, it's that undertale music is pretty good. decent at worst. But to each their own, I suppose.
Except when it comes to Jerry. Screw Jerry. No one likes Jerry, I sure don't. Jerry reminds me of my profile picture, because it is **** at best.
I don’t want to be a god, I already am one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the majority of Sonic music is forgettable af. Or Crush 40.

And then there are a handful of gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom