• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Why even try to compete if you're in the same game as Hector?

Hell, I think Hector(Original) is STILL being used in Heroes despite lolpowercreep.

Double K

Smash Lord

Hell, I think Hector(Original) is STILL being used in Heroes despite lolpowercreep.
You need Sakurai to show his bias for sword wielding Ikemen to match him

This is why Ike isn't the best FE Lord in Smash U. He's not an Ikemen, he's Ike-MAN

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Yeah, OG Hector in Heroes is still top tier. Surtr and Legendary Hector both outclass him, but OG Hector can still more than hold his own.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While we’re on the topic of FE, if we get more DLC outside the announced five and they’re not required a stage/music list, I wouldn’t mind Edelgard if she was added sometime after Three Houses is released worldwide. I know we don’t know that much about her but from what we do know I think she could have potential to stand out from the other FE reps.

D

Deleted member

Hector is the only thing that can powercreep Hector.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While we’re on the topic of FE, if we get more DLC outside the announced five and they’re not required a stage/music list, I wouldn’t mind Edelgard if she was added sometime after Three Houses is released worldwide. I know we don’t know that much about her but from what we do know I think she could have potential to stand out from the other FE reps.
Everyone has potential to stand out from the other FE reps.
It's really not that difficult considering 4 of them run on the Marth-engine.

Of course people will just look at the sword and say "ah, he's gonna do the marth stuff again"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GameFAQs? Say no more.

Shocking how that site is still going in 2019.
Cause it still gets good FAQs. Many of the forums are pretty bad... though that's more the people than the forum interface alone. That said, having limited edits can be a bad thing at times, so...

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone has potential to stand out from the other FE reps.
It's really not that difficult considering 4 of them run on the Marth-engine.

Of course people will just look at the sword and say "ah, he's gonna do the marth stuff again"
I mean, the day we get a FE character without a Down+B Counter is the day pigs fly, and they've only flown once with :ultrobin:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let's rephrase

it's the enemy nobody likes fighting because mssing with your controllers out of battle ****ing sucks
This.

Seriously, that type of **** is the worst, just like Palkia and Nintendog.
Like I'd rather get hit and take damage than not being able to play the game.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
So it's looking like Erdrick huh? Darn, if so that is nearly worst-case scenario for me with the Square rep. xD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean for one thing, she has an axe and can use magic.
She might be able to use magic and an axe does not a unique moveset make.
An axe requires large, wide, swings which... literally all of the FE characters already do.

Sides, Hector already exists, has a big fanbase, and is far better than a character we literally know nothing about.
Other than Crests memes.

Shroob

Sup?
"She has an axe" is going to take a lot more to convince me, tbh.

Because in a game like Smash, what makes an axe that different than something like a sword? You're going to swing it with heavy thrusts like Ike's sword, and the power's going to be in its head like Marth's sword.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To go on a different topic. I got myself a VERY pleasant surprise when I was playing World of Light. I am a very big fan of F-Zero (its one of my favorite gaming franchises), and Pico is my favorite character from the series. Unfortunately, since F-Zero is a dead series (it now has been dead for as many years as it was alive for, 1990-2004), it was too much to expect the series to gain new content in Ultimate. Although, I was pleased to see Big Blue return though, as well as the new music tracks the series received, as well as the track rips from the SNES game which is still fantastic to this day). Seeing both Port Town and Big Blue in HD for the first time is absolutely incredible.

Anyway, back to World of Light, one of the spirits you fight is Pico. Considering he had a trophy in Brawl and Smash 4, this was not a surprise (his spirit was even known about even prior to the data mine).

However, what definitely had me grinning was you having to use Pico to activate his F-Zero machine, the Wild Goose. Pico had always been one of my pipe dream characters for Smash Bros. (the others are Crono, Leaf/Leif, and Mike Jones), so him to even have a role such as this, which easily could have gone to Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart, or Jody Summer, is an extremely pleasant surprise. You actually get to control his machine too, which means technically Pico is (kind of) playable in Smash Bros., hahaha.

Seriously, I really appreciated the role he had. Sakurai said he included spirits as a way to make sure at least every Nintendo or gaming character at least had some sort of spotlight, and I am very fortunate that Pico at least got a little more. I was never expecting this, yet this is another example of Ultimate giving me something I never expected to happen.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord

Because in a game like Smash, what makes an axe that different than something like a sword? You're going to swing it with heavy thrusts like Ike's sword, and the power's going to be in its head like Marth's sword.
Actual axe fighting rarely actually uses the blade, tbh

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

It wasn't even Corrin's weapon that convinced Sakurai, it was their abilities. People should remember that when they say "They're gonna put in Edelgard because not sword".

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It wasn't even Corrin's weapon that convinced Sakurai, it was their abilities. People should remember that when they say "They're gonna put in Edelgard because not sword".
I still think it's going to be the supposed Avatar character if we get a 3 Houses rep.

I'm not convinced that Edlegard is anything more than a Titania/Jaegan.

Double K

Smash Lord
I still think it's going to be the supposed Avatar character if we get a 3 Houses rep.

I'm not convinced that Edlegard is anything more than a Titania/Jaegan.
From what I understand, she is likely gonna be the Chrom/Lucina

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we must yet get another FE I'd want it to be Edelgard. At least she wouldn't be another generic swordfighter like Byleth would be.

:ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom:

Five generic swordfighters from the same franchise is plenty.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Watch Sakurai surprise us with the following.

-Kratos
-Joker (Confirmed)
-Master Chief
-Sans
-Scorpion
Or

Kat (Gravity Rush)
Joker (of course)
Amaterasu
Spyro
Sora

Honestly, the fact we can nearly have 8-player Smash Fire Emblem without having to use female Robin or Corrin as the 8th spot is kinda scary.
I wouldn't mind one more FE character if it was either
Lyn, Fjorm, Anna, Azure, or Micaiah. With Lyn being top wanted.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Are we discussing DLC? Oh boy! Time to shill out my predictions again!
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve (Who I'll likely be writing my next speculation piece on)
  • Ryu Hayabusa/DOOM Guy/Crash Bandicoot/Phoenix Wright
This just feels right to me.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I would love either Hector or Edelgard to get in as a new axe-wielding FE rep.

But if I were to choose another FE I'd just add Anna in her Heroes incarnation:
-Wields an axe (I just like axe-wielders in video games)
-Promotes FE Heroes, which gives further representation to Nintendo's mobile games.
-Is the most recurring character in the FE series, so it would be a good way to represent the entire series.
-It's Anna, what's there not to love? (besides her being another FE character, but lets not go down that rabbit hole).

D

Deleted member

Are we discussing DLC? Oh boy! Time to shill out my predictions again!
  • Joker
  • Erdrick
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Steve (Who I'll likely be writing my next speculation piece on)
  • Ryu Hayabusa/DOOM Guy/Crash Bandicoot/Phoenix Wright
This just feels right to me.
I think that i have the same prediction.

D

Deleted member

I'm guessing Travis is gonna be in.

Not a fan of the idea myself, but it makes a lot of sense to have him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom