• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double K

Smash Lord
I mean, Snake and Bayo made it in. Castlevania games get pretty grisly as well and we have two Belmont's.

Even if he did make it in, I don't think he would say he did until after an official announcement.
The difference is that Bayo and Snake aren't crass like NMH. NMH thrives on being crass for the sake of being edgy and comedic and it works for it. Bayo relis on being STYLISH and Snake is typically only rated M because of sex jokes-- or in Ground Zeroes, ****

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, Snake and Bayo made it in. Castlevania games get pretty grisly as well and we have two Belmont's.

Even if he did make it in, I don't think he would say he did until after an official announcement.
It ain't Travis, unless he's doing the jerk-off motion for his sword.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I still think it's going to be the supposed Avatar character if we get a 3 Houses rep.

I'm not convinced that Edlegard is anything more than a Titania/Jaegan.
I think the avatar will be the Jaegan actually because of how they are referred to as “teacher”.

Though we all know the best Three Houses rep is Byleth as a Pokemon Trainer controlling Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude for a variety of axes, lances, and bows.

Noipoi

Howdy!
These are my predictions, you can thank me once all these characters are in.

Joker
Erdrick/some other Square
Steve
Frisk (i'm serious about this)
Crash/Lloyd/Doomguy/some goober

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think the avatar will be the Jaegan actually because of how they are referred to as “teacher”.

Though we all know the best Three Houses rep is Byleth as a Pokemon Trainer controlling Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude for a variety of axes, lances, and bows.
Got me with that one. Wouldn’t that be a sight. Course I believe there should only be one other person with that style of gameplay

E4F5CABF-5B8A-43B4-80DD-515E2FB39614.jpeg

“peeks out”

some goober
727A9CB0-602E-42A8-880A-2ED3F5E72A93.jpeg

I’m 23, how do I know about this show?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To go on a different topic. I got myself a VERY pleasant surprise when I was playing World of Light. I am a very big fan of F-Zero (its one of my favorite gaming franchises), and Pico is my favorite character from the series. Unfortunately, since F-Zero is a dead series (it now has been dead for as many years as it was alive for, 1990-2004), it was too much to expect the series to gain new content in Ultimate. Although, I was pleased to see Big Blue return though, as well as the new music tracks the series received, as well as the track rips from the SNES game which is still fantastic to this day). Seeing both Port Town and Big Blue in HD for the first time is absolutely incredible.

Anyway, back to World of Light, one of the spirits you fight is Pico. Considering he had a trophy in Brawl and Smash 4, this was not a surprise (his spirit was even known about even prior to the data mine).

However, what definitely had me grinning was you having to use Pico to activate his F-Zero machine, the Wild Goose. Pico had always been one of my pipe dream characters for Smash Bros. (the others are Crono, Leaf/Leif, and Mike Jones), so him to even have a role such as this, which easily could have gone to Black Shadow, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart, or Jody Summer, is an extremely pleasant surprise. You actually get to control his machine too, which means technically Pico is (kind of) playable in Smash Bros., hahaha.

Seriously, I really appreciated the role he had. Sakurai said he included spirits as a way to make sure at least every Nintendo or gaming character at least had some sort of spotlight, and I am very fortunate that Pico at least got a little more. I was never expecting this, yet this is another example of Ultimate giving me something I never expected to happen.
This was the part in World of Light where I like to call "Sakurai Calls Nintendo Out Again On F-Zero with LOGIC".

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Guess I'll shill my predictions once more

1. Erdrick (Crono if music rights are an issue)
2. Banjo OR Steve
3. Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
4. Unrepresented 3rd party company (Reimu, Saber, Travis Touchdown, Neptune, Bubsy etc.)

D

Deleted member

Choosing someone from SE is hard.

Sora seems plausible, but Disney makes it weird.

DQ has popularity and recognizability problems outside Japan.

FF seems to be a licensing nightmare.

Lara Croft is extremely left field for Smash.

Crono's series is dead. *sobs*

Bravely Default, TWEWY, and Octopath are probably too niche.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
We still playing it safe with the DLC predictions? I dunno bout that...

But here’s mine with a couple of risks:

-Joker (confirmed)
-Crash/Banjo
-Sora/Erdrick
-Tracer/Doomguy/Dante/Travis/Dangaronpa(I’m dead serious on the last one)
-Heihachi

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We still playing it safe with the DLC predictions? I dunno bout that...

But here’s mine with a couple of risks:

-Joker (confirmed)
-Crash/Banjo
-Sora/Erdrick
-Tracer/Doomguy/Dante/Travis/Dangaronpa(I’m dead serious on the last one)
-Heihachi
If you were dead serious, you'd know it's MONOKUMA

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If we don’t get atleast one cartoony 3rd Party DLC character, then I’ll flip.

*prays for my pants-wearing bandicoot/bear bois*

If you were dead serious, you'd know it's MONOKUMA
No lie, Monokuma would be hype and would blow expections and predictions out of the water.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've only had Chrom for 8 days but if anything happened to this absolute daddy monster I would kill everyone on this board and then myself

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I've only had Chrom for 8 days but if anything happened to this absolute daddy monster I would kill everyone on this board and then myself
I did the exact same thing with Pit when I saw the Palutena’s Guidance on Isabelle:

:ultpit: “I’ve only had Isabelle for a month and a half, but if anything happened to her, I would KO everyone on this stage, and then self-destruct.”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My mains for now are Simon , Little Mac and Incineroar
I thought I would hate Incineroar after seeing how butt-ugly its character design was, but after his reveal I honestly think that Sakurai did really good with him. The personality just OOZES out of him

im garbage with him tho lmao

P.Kat

Smash Champion
As much as I like Kat lets be honest. If any Sony rep is to get in it'll either be Kratos or Sackboy.

I'd also love Amaterasu.
'
It'd probably be one of those two.

Now I want to see Sackboy Suplex Incineroar, like how he does to others in PlayStation All Stars.

Thanks, I find it weird that we haven't seen anything related Okami in general in the history of Smash. Period. Despite having at least a decent history with Nintendo, there's not even a Trophy/Spirit related to the series. Whether the its lack of representation increases or decreases her chances for DLC, no one can say for sure but here's hoping that she makes it.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I thought I would hate Incineroar after seeing how butt-ugly its character design was, but after his reveal I honestly think that Sakurai did really good with him. The personality just OOZES out of him

im garbage with him tho lmao
If you counter and kick, you just need a trow to kill 50% of the characters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
'Thanks, I find it weird that we haven't seen anything related Okami in general in the history of Smash. Period. Despite having at least a decent history with Nintendo, there's not even a Trophy/Spirit related to the series. Whether the its lack of representation increases or decreases her chances for DLC, no one can say for sure but here's hoping that she makes it.
I love mythology especially Japanese and its culture and history. Good enough reason to want her in Smash.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
More likely Chrom will kill everyone on this board because godDAMN does he make my life suffering.

D

Deleted member

Right now, I'm having a very hard time picking bewtween :ultwario: and :ultisabelle: for that number 3 spot for mains in my sig. :ultkirby: is also making it hard.

Plant Boi and Joker are only gonna make this harder, lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Joker
Steve
I would not thank you for this list.

D

Deleted member

If you counter and kick, you just need a trow to kill 50% of the characters
Main issue is getting close enough to get a counter in the first place without getting comboed/zoned to death. I can't stand playing slow characters without range, I either need range or speed in my playstyle

More likely Chrom will kill everyone on this board because godDAMN does he make my life suffering.
Nair nair nair fair fair nair na-oh you wanna edgeguard me? Good luck doing that from the shadow realm when I drag ypu and myself down there fam

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Here's the post with the 5 characters.

https://imgur.com/ZZbxWru

Is "leaker is frustrated with Nintendo in some way" a red flag for fake leaks? Because I've seen this a couple of times.
Oh boy. Another text leak. I won't lie and say I haven't gotten hyped over those that include Phoenix Wright, but this one just seems like the usual disgruntled "employee" variant which are often fake as white chocolate fudge.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Joker
Steve
I’d rather no Undertale character tyvm

D

Deleted member

Joker
Steve
I'm legit thinking Undertale has a shot right now.

I feel it should be Sans, though. Frisk only fights in one scenario, and it, uh...

Is kind of a bad time.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Sans only fights in one scenario also.
True, but it wouldn't be as weird to see Sans fighting.

Frisk only legit fights in genocide. It's kind of impossible to represent what Undertale is in full with a Frisk that fights.

D

Deleted member

Choosing someone from SE is hard.

Sora seems plausible, but Disney makes it weird.

DQ has popularity and recognizability problems outside Japan.

FF seems to be a licensing nightmare.

Lara Croft is extremely left field for Smash.

Crono's series is dead. *sobs*

Bravely Default, TWEWY, and Octopath are probably too niche.
**** it, give it to Crono. As much as I want Geno, I've just accepted the fact that it may or may not happen and won't be mad with either choice.

And as much as Bravely Default and Octopath are good, it ain't Chrono Trigger.

Dragon Quest has some weight. It ain't Chrono Trigger.

Kingdom Hearts has hype going for it with 3. But it ain't Chrono Trigger.

There's just something sublime about literally every single ****ing thing about that game, representation in Smash feels like a given. Hell, I'm surprised we still haven't represented other SquareSoft iconics, like Secret of Mana or Romancing SaGa.

Just imagine Vinny's reaction. Crono can make a depressed man turn 180. The power of Crono is too good.

Also le Toriyama design. :dazwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom