• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Sm4sh would’ve been the highest selling game of the franchise if it wasn’t on the Wii U. So I expect Ultimate to be the highest selling game of the franchise.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sm4sh would’ve been the highest selling game of the franchise if it wasn’t on the Wii U. So I expect Ultimate to be the highest selling game of the franchise.
It technically is. When you combine the sales of two versions, it sold better than Brawl.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I don't know, Smash 4's single player features lacked compared to Brawl. Smash Tour was miserable, Classic was lame, and there was no Adventure Mode. All 4 really had going for it was that it was a new, HD Smash game. None of its unique features or innovations we're really noteworthy in the end, except Omega forms for stages.

Ultimate is bringing back a new Adventure Mode, at least, which has generated a ton of buzz even if it's not as big as SSE.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
I don't know, Smash 4's single player features lacked compared to Brawl. Smash Tour was miserable, Classic was lame, and there was no Adventure Mode. All 4 really had going for it was that it was a new, HD Smash game. None of its unique features or innovations we're really noteworthy in the end, except Omega forms for stages.

Ultimate is bringing back a new Adventure Mode, at least, which has generated a ton of buzz even if it's not as big as SSE.
The "new" adventure mode is looking like smash tour with makeup, though.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
The "new" adventure mode is looking like smash tour with makeup, though.
Not to jump on the bandwagon..but its really, really not.
Smash Tour was a not-very-fun Board Game, World of Light is an RPG-style game with Smash Matches in place of typical RPG battles.
They are not even remotely similar outside of a similar camera angle.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
"I'm sorry if you were offended" is seriously the dumbest, lamest apology because it's so disingenuous. Don't say that sh*t if you wanna be cool.

The Ice Climbers would never say that to someone else. Because they're cool. :ulticeclimbers:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I think I’m gonna wait to see who the dlc are before I get this game. World of Light is the only thing I’m really interested in about this game so far, and I don’t think that’s worth $60. I came back into this forum saying we didn’t need any more characters and I stand by that sentiment, especially after seeing everybody new in play so far. Nobody really excites me of the new folks, even the smash 4 dlc that I never bought before (everybody but Ryu). I just bought Smash 4 for 3DS back when it came out, and so far this game doesn’t seem sufficiently different from that one, so I’ll just carry on with my memories of that for now and watch Yeet Smash as I’m able to to get my fixings for now.

It's tiiiiiime for the META-HOUR with :150:MEEEEEEEEW2KING!:150:

For those interested, here's some quality analyses of 7 newcomers. Really, really good work by M2K as usual, goes straight to the point, he's concise and clear and as a result, most of the vids are relatively short but packed with info.

Tbh watching these got me even more hyped for certain characters especially the Belmonts. The videos are titled ''competitive breakdown'' but a lot of the info is just interesting to know even for casual players imo.

:ultken:
:ultsimon::ultrichter:
:ultchrom:
:ultincineroar:
:ultpiranha:
:ultridley:

My work here is done. Peace out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Spirits theorizing is kind of driving me mad.

"Spirits might deconfirm characters, so anyone who's spirit hasn't been spotted yet has a higher chance of being DLC".

Okay, but how likely is that when we both don't know if they actually deconfirm characters and haven't seen the character in the game yet? This really is just like the music theory. Trying to guess the next newcomer based on what spirits we've seen relies on too many assumptions to actually mean anything substantial yet.

It's too early to say that Spirits deconfirm characters and they certainly don't confirm them. It's still best not to get too hyped over or expect characters like Elma or Bandana Dee, but that doesn't mean you should entirely close yourself to the possibility of them getting in either.

Anyway, with that rant out of the way there is a chance I'll get to play the demo this Sunday, so I have that to look forward to.

Last edited:

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Did the “trust me on this” leaker that said Bandana Dee isn’t in and Chun Li was cut turn out to be fake? Yesterday that was the main topic of discussion and now It’s some Kid with a coat

D

Deleted member

I am finally unpranked! I hope that this makes my experience here better.

With that apart, i want to quickly talk about Streetsmash from 3DS.
While the mode was a weird inclussion, i actually loved to play it anytime i could or at least on the training mode.

It would be cool if Ultimate added on a free update a minigame based on it, just to play when someone is bored, and now with the spirits there could be more icons for it.

D

Deleted member

Did the stream yesterday have anything interesting in it? Like, a new song or something

While the mode was a weird inclussion, i actually loved to play it anytime i could or at least on the training mode.

It would be cool if Ultimate added on a free update a minigame based on it, just to play when someone is bored, and now with the spirits there could be more icons for it.
P Premium users
You know what you have to do it to him
EDIT: "normal words taken as usernames by inactive 2000s accounts with less than 10 posts" strikes again

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

A lot of 3DS modes are pretty underrated. Not sure if they'll return but it's nice that people still enjoyed it when it was around.

D

Deleted member

Spirits theorizing is kind of driving me mad.

"Spirits might deconfirm characters, so anyone who's spirit hasn't been spotted yet has a higher chance of being DLC".

Okay, but how likely is that when we both don't know if they actually deconfirm characters and haven't seen the character in the game yet? This really is just like the music theory. Trying to guess the next newcomer based on what spirits we've seen relies on too many assumptions to actually mean anything substantial yet.

It's too early to say that Spirits deconfirm characters and they certainly don't confirm them. It's still best not to get too hyped over or expect characters like Elma or Bandana Dee, but that doesn't mean you should entirely close yourself to the possibility of them getting in either.

Anyway, with that rant out of the way there is a chance I'll get to play the demo this Sunday, so I have that to look forward to.
If it is possible, i would like to know if using Stage morphing on these options feels cool to play on:

-Brinstar/Brinstar Depths
-Brinstar/Norfair
-Mushroom Kingdom/Mushroom Kingdom 2
-Onett/Magicant

You don´t have to try every mix, but i would like to know at least about one.

D

Deleted member

Oh, i see, i thought it was something worse, like changing up words on your posts or something.
I fear that pranking makes you look worse towards the other users... As if they never take your post in a serious way.

I could be wrong, but i prefer to prevent pranks just in case.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I fear that pranking makes you look worse towards the other users... As if they never take your post in a serious way.

I could be wrong, but i prefer to prevent pranks just in case.
I consider pranked people to be really cool tbh

I wish someone would prank me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom