• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
People who complain about not getting the big obvious reps in the base roster are like those idiots at concerts that yell out requests because they don't understand the band is coming back on stage for the encore. There's always an encore.

Put it this way, If Sakurai was Led Zeppelin he would save Stairway to Heaven for the encore after he did a few crowd pleasers and a few for him, Jah feel?

Great, now I will leave this forum and it will be peaceable and good.
I mean 2011 and only 201, I'm definitely not getting a reply on this post but.. would you bet on it?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hi everyone! 2 WEEKS LEFT! WOOOOOOOO!
> Tfw you have to wait a few weeks more after it releases

It's alright. I'll just avoid Smash discussion. Or the internet in general. Shun electricity. And society.

... In all seriousness, perhaps a few weeks of no Smash will make the game feel more fresh. Does anyone else sometimes worry about burning out on Smash before the game even releases? Like if they had released a demo, I don't know if I would have wanted to play it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know I've talked about this a lot, but if I or anyone were to start an SB tourney, how many people would be interested in singles and doubles? Like, teaming up with another user? I'm keeping these ideas for a potential later use...

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
These of you who never played Pikmin....what do you think Olimar's voice is?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The fact that he's silent in Smash is criminal
It's not like he talks much in Pikmin, neither.

But it's kinda weird how they used to give characters like Ness or Captain Falcon voices and now some characters are silent in Smash despite not being in their home series.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

But it's kinda weird how they used to give characters like Ness or Captain Falcon voices and now some characters are silent in Smash despite not being in their home series.
I've always wondered what Geno would sound like if he got in. And is Isabelle one of the characters who's silent? Haven't watched much match footage yet.

D

Deleted member

I know I've talked about this a lot, but if I or anyone were to start an SB tourney, how many people would be interested in singles and doubles? Like, teaming up with another user? I'm keeping these ideas for a potential later use...
I'd love to do singles but **** doubles, I'm terrible at those.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Super in.

Anything interesting in that livestream?
Greninja can still down tilt into up smash. And coat kid is the GOAT.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've always wondered what Geno would sound like if he got in. And is Isabelle one of the characters who's silent? Haven't watched much match footage yet.
She's silent, like Villager. I guess Animal Crossing's gibberish talk doesn't work well in Smash, unlike Inklings.

Koopaul

Smash Champion

Back then Sakurai took more creative liberties with characters, now he tries to be more faithful... Well sometimes. Certain characters still have beast roars while others don't. And he was actually willing to get rid of Wario's signature move in WiiU. Luckily that was fixed.

I guess this all boils down to Sakurai doing what Sakurai wants. Certain characters are going to be painfully faithful while others are going to be made the way Sakurai wants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She's silent, like Villager. I guess Animal Crossing's gibberish talk doesn't work well in Smash, unlike Inklings.
I have a hard time believing that it doesn't work sense they used gibberish sounds for Isabelle's voice in Mario Kart 8. They probably just didn't want to.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
If I wanted to feel humiliated, mortified, and ashamed in myself beyond compare, then sure...

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey, need some help, trying to set up a signature with my wants on it, but I can't figure out how to get the custom stock Icons into my signature.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why? Anyway, they're clearly up to the player, since some says they're lovers or brother and sister.
Adults generally don't do this:

Jokes aside, yeah, their relationship is ambiguous. I think them as boyfriend and girlfriend, because Smash seems to lean towards that.

Btw, Nana is the oldest playable female character in the roster. Just thought it's interesting.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Hey, need some help, trying to set up a signature with my wants on it, but I can't figure out how to get the custom stock Icons into my signature.
Link the images, if that helps. You have to get the link, and simply upload it like you would with any image.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have a hard time believing that it doesn't work sense they used gibberish sounds for Isabelle's voice in Mario Kart 8. They probably just didn't want to.
It's disappointing, but maybe it's for the best. I'm not sure if her gibberish sounds would work as well as they did in Mario Kart. They don't sound very expressive.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hey....come closer......

Oliimar is not that bad!
He's definitely not bad. In fact, in Ultimate it looks like he could be too good. And then become a nerf magnet.

Aww, I like the AC gibberish

Sounds fun, but I'd probably want to avoid doubles as I'd be nothing but a dead weight to my partner: I need to git gud first

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The game itself is fine, but there's this mantra on Youtube that if you don't think the game is perfect you're not a real Pokemon fan or something. So I avoid videos about it cuz it's really annoying.
oh fugg i didn't even realize people were hounding it that bad lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom