• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
  • Nana is the oldest playable female character. (Peach would have debuted about 7 month later). (Smashwiki)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
if he didn't know how old she was but chose her regardless, then...

i'm kidding please don't hurt me

If you want the lore-explanation, she's a manakete. Basically a dying race of dragons that can shift into humans with the power of a stone.
They have extremely long lifespans, and as a result of that, they physically (and in some cases mentally) age extremely slow.
I don't know much about FE, but I'm trying to get into it. All I know is that Manateke is a Dragon/Human thing. Wasn't aware that could affect the age, though. I always figured it was some magic thing. Thanks for the info.
View attachment 179315

She's literally a child
Except she's not a child.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
R-r-right there's absolutely nothing wrong with my cute dragon wife! Even though she looks around the same age as my 10 year old sister what's important is that she's mentally mature enough to give proper consent!
Nowi said:
Hee hee hee! I LOVE duck duck dragon!
Uhhhhh... TIM CUT THE FEED

D

Deleted member

Except she's not a child.
Except she is, both physically and mentally, you can't argue against that.
"Oh but the game says she's actually 1000". First off, **** the game. Second, that doesn't matter because she's not human, she's a dragon, and dragons clearly age differently. In dragon years, she's still a child.
That'd be like saying a dog is "underage" even though it's 11 years old.

D

Deleted member

People are still trying to say WoL is Smash Tour 2.0? ...Really? Seriously, I'm surprised this comparison is still being made. Smash Tour is:

*A shallow boardgame mode that lasts for about 30 minutes

While WoL is:

*Full on adventure mode with at least a few cutscenes, skill trees, equipment, a way to unlock characters giving it a proper purpose, boss battles, and apparently an overall long adventure.

Comparing WoL to Smash Tour is as silly as saying this game was ever a port.

Oh, and on the topic of Nowi: I love her personality, but for the love of all that is good, please put some dang clothes on.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
"Oh but the game says she's actually 1000". First off, **** the game. Second, that doesn't matter because she's not human, she's a dragon, and dragons clearly age differently. In dragon years, she's still a child.
In FE, I don't believe dragons age differently...? I always thought they could just live longer, and physically and mentally are younger, yet are technically still their age.

NineS

Smash Lord
You're all getting upset over Nowi's legality and age, and here I am

Trying to process the fact The Legend of Zelda canonically shipped a little fish girl with a grown Hylian man.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Trying to process the fact The Legend of Zelda canonically shipped a little fish girl with a grown Hylian man.
OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED?!

People are still trying to say WoL is Smash Tour 2.0? ...Really? Seriously, I'm surprised this comparison is still being made. Smash Tour is:

*A shallow boardgame mode that lasts for about 30 minutes

While WoL is:

*Full on adventure mode with at least a few cutscenes, skill trees, equipment, a way to unlock characters giving it a proper purpose, boss battles, and apparently an overall long adventure.

Comparing WoL to Smash Tour is as silly as saying this game was ever a port.

Oh, and on the topic of Nowi: I love her personality, but for the love of all that is good, please put some dang clothes on.
Tiny children are allowed to wear bikinis without revealing their privates.
Nowi's outfit is just a bikini with a cape.
So I could care less.

By the way, speaking about Nowi, I legit just got her literally a few seconds ago on FEH.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Nothing that you say, will ever stop me! :p

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Regardless of how old or how mentally mature she is, it's probably within Nintendo's best interest to not promote Nowi like a typical FE waifu. You shouldn't have to explain yourself everytime someone asks you why you're shipping the little girl with a middle-aged man.

I think she's supposed to be a teenager/young adult. The Zora in BotW get a massive growth spurt during their version of puberty.

So basically, we have the exact same problem as Nowi.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of characters and ages, there's no way that Mario's only 24 years old

NineS

Smash Lord
Regardless of how old or how mentally mature she is, it's probably within Nintendo's best interest to not promote Nowi like a typical FE waifu. You shouldn't have to explain yourself everytime someone asks you why you're shipping the little girl with a middle-aged man.

I think she's supposed to be a teenager/young adult. The Zora in BotW get a massive growth spurt during their version of puberty.

So basically, we have the exact same problem as Nowi.
Less of young adult, moreso teenager/child. Physically more of a child than Nowi is. Either way, still nigh-identical issues; difference with Nowi though is that her ships or whatever aren't exactly established canon, as it's up to the player.

This is most definitely established canon.

also i've always found it odd how we have this problem yet people have no issue shipping link and anyone else in present-time BotW besides potentially zelda despite the technical massive age gap. it's the opposite problem of nowi.

I admittedly just always thought he was in his 30's to mid 30's.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We also have to keep in mind that in the world of FE, they don't have as many laws. so even if Nowi was just 10 or somethin, it'd be weird, but in the world of FE, unless they had a law against it, it'd be ok.

1. Mario has a canon age?
2. Wow.

D

Deleted member

In FE, I don't believe dragons age differently...? I always thought they could just live longer, and physically and mentally are younger, yet are technically still their age.
If a species lives longer or shorter than humans, naturaloy, they're gonna have to age differently.
Dragons live very long in FE verse, pretty sure we don't know the most a dragon can live as a Manakete(as otherwise they just succumb to madness way earlier) but Tiki is a good 3000 or so years by the time of Awakening and I'd suspect the Old Geezers would reach 10000
They still mature at the same rate as humans though, and I mean by the % of their total lifespan as Nowi is 1000 in Awakening and the equivalent of a 10-year old or so.

Half-Manaketes are another story, as they are said to live longer than humans(one of Nah's worries is her outliving all of her friends) but age more closely to humans(Nah is around the age of the other children but looks at least 6-7 years younger) so it seems they wouldn't live as much as full Manaketes.

We din't talk about Elibean Dragons btw. That's a can of worms NO ONE wants to open. Because in those games, really powerful mages can just stop aging and I'm still trying to figure out what's the timeline of events for Ninian and Nils but the game seems to want me to believe those two are at most 500 years old but **** me man why did they have to disconnect this lore so much from Archanea it just makes things confusing.

D

Deleted member

I kind of wish that we got more new stages in Ultimate.

I was a bit dissapointed about that with Smash 3DS too. I understand that in that case they had technical limitations, but it felt weird to see more past stages than new ones.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've never been more uncomfortable reading a single page in this thread...
If I knew Nowi was a controversial character, I wouldn't have brought her up, xD
Honestly, imo, The player (depending on who you married) might've married Nowi and didn't get arrested, so it's safe to assume in the world of FE Dragons age the same as humans, just live longer, and are younger physically and mentally.

What have I started.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Some of y’all are creepy as hell and need a little help...
imo it's a fictional world, shouldn't be taken that seriously, and besides, she's 1,000.
Best we just stop before this escalates tho. If I knew she was a controversial character, I wouldn't have brought it up.

D

Deleted member

Some of y’all are creepy as hell and need a little help...
You should never meet my friend Jack Ryder then.

He is kind of... nuts. Probably for the work, but still nuts.

I may have seen him once with yellow skin for a second, but maybe that was a dream.

NineS

Smash Lord
To be fair, Miyamoto also used to say Mario's last name was also Mario, but later changed his mind stating it was a joke.
And he also claims to be Bowser's ex-wife and Bowser Jr's true Mother.

And Miyamoto also came up with most of the ideas for Donkey Kong while in the company shower.

Sometimes Miyamoto just says the first thing that comes to his head as a joke because he hadn't really thought about it beforehand and doesn't want to spend too much time thinking on it during the interview, etc... and people take it as gospel, the truth, the only right fact-heavy answer to their question instead of as a joke. He's a fun and gameplay first, story second kind of guy after all. Of course he hasn't thought of how warp pipes work, or what would happen if the Peachette crown was actually used on Bowser, or what Mario's full name is.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I kind of wish that we got more new stages in Ultimate.

I was a bit dissapointed about that with Smash 3DS too. I understand that in that case they had technical limitations, but it felt weird to see more past stages than new ones.
Ultimate having more new stages than old ones would have been verrrrrry impressive, if (almost) every old stage was still returning

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom