• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You should never meet my friend Jack Ryder then.

He is kind of... nuts. Probably for the work, but still nuts.

I may have seen him once with yellow skin for a second, but maybe that was a dream.
Is this supposed to be a Sin City reference? Because that movie still haunts my nightmares.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
"But she's hundreds of years old! It's perfectly normal!"
I'll just assume laws are different in the world of FE. Besides, I doubt Nintendo would let you marry a minor.

OK FOLKS WHO WANTS A NEW TOPIC? HERE WE GO!
What is your ideal stage for Smash Ultimate? I kinda wish that we had a Odyssey stage tbh, like, the ship, it would travel through different kingdoms.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate having more new stages than old ones would have been verrrrrry impressive, if (almost) every old stage was still returning
You aren’t lying, because it is truly a lot of work.

However, i was talking more about having a few added to the ones we had (if we got 5 new stages, for example, then i would add 2 or 3 more).

D

Deleted member

OH WAIT THIS HAPPENED?!

Tiny children are allowed to wear bikinis without revealing their privates.
Nowi's outfit is just a bikini with a cape.
So I could care less.

By the way, speaking about Nowi, I legit just got her literally a few seconds ago on FEH.
Do I really have to give people who don't understand the concept of male gaze anither class on how objetification and fanservice works? *Sigh* fine:
Actual kids don't wear bikinis that are implied to have come out of a slave auction and actual kids don't wear bikinis and booty shorts as their everyday clothes and if they do see kids doing that, you should probably call the police.
Nothing that you say, will ever stop me! :p
4b58d54e-0828-4262-8c3b-6ed6fed494b1.png

We also have to keep in mind that in the world of FE, they don't have as many laws. so even if Nowi was just 10 or somethin, it'd be weird, but in the world of FE, unless they had a law against it, it'd be ok.

1. Mario has a canon age?
2. Wow.
If a law is the only thing keeping you from ****ing a literal child then you're probably not a decent human being. And also, wow, I love the implication that FE's world is just some post-apocalyptic anarchist land

Like, sexual attraction to children isn't normal for any adult and there's something wrong with people that do, it isn't some law that prevents that. This isn't up for debate, if someone here legit feels attraction to kids, please see a doctor to find a way to cure that.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
To be fair, Miyamoto also used to say Mario's last name was also Mario, but later changed his mind stating it was a joke.
And he also claims to be Bowser's ex-wife and Bowser Jr's true Mother.

And Miyamoto also came up with most of the ideas for Donkey Kong while in the company shower.

Sometimes Miyamoto just says the first thing that comes to his head as a joke because he hadn't really thought about it beforehand and doesn't want to spend too much time thinking on it during the interview, etc... and people take it as gospel, the truth, the only right fact-heavy answer to their question instead of as a joke. He's a fun and gameplay first, story second kind of guy after all.
To ALSO be fair, the age thing was in Melee.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Mario is in his 30s. Miyamoto be damned.

None of the human cast of Mario come across as being in their 20s.

Maybe Luigi and Daisy, but that'd be a late 20s situation at best.

I'll fight Miyamoto in a Samurai Duel at dawn over this ****.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll just assume laws are different in the world of FE. Besides, I doubt Nintendo would let you marry a minor.

What is your ideal stage for Smash Ultimate? I kinda wish that we had a Odyssey stage tbh, like, the ship, it would travel through different kingdoms.
Aside from the obligatory Bowser's Keep (seriously, how have we not gotten one of those yet?), I'd like to see Blossom City from the Wonderful 101 (so that we can go through a tour of the game's over the top setpieces) or the city of Ehn'gha from Eternal Darkness. (I'd be interested to see what the Smash developers would do with that game's sanity effects)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Then you've missed out on a lot of questionable discussions.

Seriously, this is actually fairly tame compared to the thread's usual standards.
I exaggerated that a bit, but yeah, this was a weird topic to get into.

D

Deleted member

Is this supposed to be a Sin City reference? Because that movie still haunts my nightmares.
Nope.
It was a reference to The Creeper, a DC Comics character also known as Jack Ryder.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion

again, it was in Melee so...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
If a law is the only thing keeping you from ****ing a literal child then you're probably not a decent human being.
I would never have sex with a child.

Actual kids don't wear bikinis that are implied to have come out of a slave auction and actual kids don't wear bikinis and booty shorts as their everyday clothes and if they do see kids doing that, you should probably call the police.
That's not what I'm implying. Let's just move onto a different topic please, I don't want a fully fledged argument.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I kind of wish that we got more new stages in Ultimate.

I was a bit dissapointed about that with Smash 3DS too. I understand that in that case they had technical limitations, but it felt weird to see more past stages than new ones.
Good thing we're getting 5 more stages then, eh?

D

Deleted member

I see we're still on this very interesting and absolutely stimulating conversation.

Hmm...But what could we do to spice it up even more...Oh, I know! Anyone wanna argue about Pyra? :D

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'd really like an Apathos stage from Sonic, purely because of that gorgeous aesthetic.

Nope.
It was a reference to The Creeper, a DC Comics character also known as Jack Ryder.
That guy from Outsiders? Got it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
And Miyamoto also came up with most of the ideas for Donkey Kong while in the company shower.
Top lad.

For real though, I always thought that Mario was in his 30s - perhaps a few years younger than Olimar? Assuming humans (or whatever the hell Mario is) and people from Hocotate roughly age the same.

D

Deleted member

I see we're still on this very interesting and absolutely stimulating conversation.

Hmm...But what could we do to spice it up even more...Oh, I know! Anyone wanna argue about Pyra? :D
No
Zoe

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Good thing we're getting 5 more stages then, eh?
Indeed.
But i am worried about the possibility of a pack being about a franchise present in Smash already, which could make it have a past stage just for that.

For example: a F-Zero with Melee’s Mute City.

osby

Smash Obsessed

People don't always show their exact ages. Like how Samus is supposed to be in her twenties or how Pokemon Trainers are apparently 10 or Chrom is somehow 19.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Indeed.
But i am worried about the possibility of a pack being about a franchise present in Smash already, which could make it have a past stage just for that.

For example: a F-Zero with Melee’s Mute City.
New character. New stage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They keep pumping out these tier lists

Pit is an angel who looks 13 but is like...some adult age or something, he’s legal to get in (plus Palutena has no friends other than him...and why not invite Male Robin? Everyone wanna smash him
These of you who never played Pikmin....what do you think Olimar's voice is?
A big black man’s deep voice made to be singing jazz
You're all getting upset over Nowi's legality and age, and here I am

Trying to process the fact The Legend of Zelda canonically shipped a little fish girl with a grown Hylian man.
**** the ****img what
People don't always show their exact ages. Like how Samus is supposed to be in her twenties or how Pokemon Trainers are apparently 10 or Chrom is somehow 19.
No way Chrom is 19, and Pokémon Trainers are lying about their age (well except for the LGP&E games)

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman

If Reimu ever gets in, I'd want Hakurei Shrine grounds
maxresdefault.jpg

With this as the main theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCLHBw4Msio
Of course, there will be cameo appearances of Yuyuko, Suika, Marisa, Cirno, Remilia and the rest of the gang

osby

Smash Obsessed

It's kinda sad that people complained about Rex and Pyra getting in so much before E3 and now they don't have much chance.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Everyone's reaction when I start talking about Zoe in a nutshell
I know you are ****ing trolling but why do you bring up the ****ing damn dog all time, even when the topic doesnt ****ing ask for it

ok let me say that again nicer. Why do you bring it up when it isnt even worth mentioning

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know you are ****ing trolling but why do you bring up the ****ing damn dog all time, even when the topic doesnt ****ing ask for it

ok let me say that again nicer. Why do you bring it up when it isnt even worth mentioning
Okay.
I need to explain why I get stuck on Zoe sometimes.
The truth is, I have autism irl. I'm not joking. It causes me to get stuck on things and not realize when it's not a good time to talk about them. I'm really sorry. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom