• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
As for stages that don't exist yet, I'd kill for an Etrian Odyssey stage, namely, Lost Shinjuku. It would make for such a fun stage with the layouts they can have and it's just so pretty
Can ATLUS make a game that doesn't take place in Tokyo? Like, are they physically capable of it?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I feel like some creators are downright terrible at making characters match their ages visually.
Earlier this week I found out that Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender is 14 years old during the show. That's absolute insanity. She looks, sounds, and acts like she's at least college-age.

Fiction in general has a problem with making children/young people look, sound, and behave their age. It's hard to write for a 14-year-old, or a 6-year-old, when you're much older than that and your brain is more developed. Pay attention to what little kids do and say in movies/shows/games/books the next time you see one, and compare that to little kids you see in real life. The difference is noticeable, especially if you have younger siblings or something.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Can ATLUS make a game that doesn't take place in Tokyo? Like, are they physically capable of it?
Steambot Chronicles, my lovely obscure PS2 title that introduced me to morality systems, took place in a really interesting Steampunk-ish world.

It's only published by Atlus and made by Irem, though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That just makes it weirder for me - he looks like he's ten. (I was going by the JoJo wiki for part 4 Koichi and part 5 Giorno being the same age)
Well I mean some people just look younger than they are, and some older. It’s not that weird.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
So, Isabelle has a Guidance Easter egg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxdDeG6PDM

After watching this, I'm prepared to fight with anyone who says Palutena's Guidance isn't good.
I guess my issue with the guidance is that they get too meme-y or really cringe in my opinion. I don’t really care for that type of joking that much, for example: Pit doing the Pac-Man “waka waka” thing was somewhat cringe. Sometimes the guidance can be creative and fun though. Just not my humor.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I guess my issue with the guidance is that they get too meme-y or really cringe in my opinion. I don’t really care for that type of joking that much, for example: Pit doing the Pac-Man “waka waka” thing was somewhat cringe. Sometimes the guidance can be creative and fun though. Just not my humor.
there's no such thing as cringe and you are weak

waka waka waka waka

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Isabelle and Chrom gonna meet up in the Smash mansion and gossip about Viridi.

Isabelle: I don't even know what her problem is. She's so petty.
Chrom: This is why she's still a costume and not even an assist trophy.
*girlish high school ***** giggles*

NineS

Smash Lord
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this here as I thought it was interesting. That, and it may or may not be related to 2B.
Leakypandy claimed Platinum Games is working on 3 games for the Nintendo Switch, one of them being Bayo 3.
They also said that they do not know if these 2 unknown games will be new or ports of some sort. Hideki Kamiya is credited in all 3 of these potential games.

I'm well aware that leakypandy isn't exactly the most credible leaker. I do not know how credible leakypandy actually is, but I haven't heard good things about them as a leaker. I've heard that they're not a very credible leaker from others, but haven't looked into it myself.

I hope leakypandy is credible. Although, I myself don't entirely believe them. Or at least, I didn't, but I think I'm letting my bias and wishful thinking sway me over now... despite the fact I trufhfully never really believe him in the past during Smash Speculation.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35977&Title=NieR:+Automata+Game+of+the+YoRHa+Edition

NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition (Game of the Year edition) has been leaked(?) by ESRB's website.

There isn't much information on it at the moment, however, it is only listed as PC and PS4. Could it be that they're keeping the fact it might be on the Switch hidden from us...? After all, when Become as Gods edition happened, it was for the Xbox One. Although, I doubt it might actually be NieR that Leakypandy was referring to due to the fact Hideki Kamiya wasn't in the original NieR's credits, but I suppose that can change in a port to the switch. Albeit, this is just wishful thinking.
I just would like to hear your opinions on the matter, whether they be pessimistic/realistic (I could actually use some of those two types, I need my hype and suspicions to be regulated at the moment), or optimistic, or hypothetical.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom