• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this here as I thought it was interesting. That, and it may or may not be related to 2B.
Leakypandy claimed Platinum Games is working on 3 games for the Nintendo Switch, one of them being Bayo 3.
They also said that they do not know if these 2 unknown games will be new or ports of some sort. Hideki Kamiya is credited in all 3 of these potential games.

I'm well aware that leakypandy isn't exactly the most credible leaker. I do not know how credible leakypandy actually is, but I haven't heard good things about them as a leaker. I've heard that they're not a very credible leaker from others, but haven't looked into it myself.

I hope leakypandy is credible. Although, I myself don't entirely believe them. Or at least, I didn't, but I think I'm letting my bias and wishful thinking sway me over now... despite the fact I trufhfully never really believe him in the past during Smash Speculation.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35977&Title=NieR:+Automata+Game+of+the+YoRHa+Edition

NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition (Game of the Year edition) has been leaked(?) by ESRB's website.
There isn't much information on it at the moment, however, it is only listed as PC and PS4. Could it be that they're keeping the fact it might be on the Switch hidden from us...? After all, when Become as Gods edition happened, it was for the Xbox One. Although, I doubt it might actually be NieR that Leakypandy was referring to due to the fact Hideki Kamiya wasn't in the original NieR's credits, but I suppose that can change in a port to the switch. Albeit, this is just wishful thinking.
I just would like to hear your opinions on the matter, whether they be pessimistic/realistic (I could actually use some of those two types, I need my hype and suspicions to be regulated at the moment), or optimistic, or hypothetical.
There's been rumours about a new Viewtiful Joe as well.
I don't think that Kamiya was involved with NieR though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Overrated is not a legitimate term, because you're essentially saying that people like a thing too much because you don't like it as much, and that assumes you believe yourself to be the authority on how much something should be liked.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I'm realizing this place has more in common with Serenes Forest than I previously thought....
Hey folks, just wanted to drop this here as I thought it was interesting. That, and it may or may not be related to 2B.
Leakypandy claimed Platinum Games is working on 3 games for the Nintendo Switch, one of them being Bayo 3.
They also said that they do not know if these 2 unknown games will be new or ports of some sort. Hideki Kamiya is credited in all 3 of these potential games.

I'm well aware that leakypandy isn't exactly the most credible leaker. I do not know how credible leakypandy actually is, but I haven't heard good things about them as a leaker. I've heard that they're not a very credible leaker from others, but haven't looked into it myself.

I hope leakypandy is credible. Although, I myself don't entirely believe them. Or at least, I didn't, but I think I'm letting my bias and wishful thinking sway me over now... despite the fact I trufhfully never really believe him in the past during Smash Speculation.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35977&Title=NieR:+Automata+Game+of+the+YoRHa+Edition

NieR: Automata Game of the YoRHa Edition (Game of the Year edition) has been leaked(?) by ESRB's website.
There isn't much information on it at the moment, however, it is only listed as PC and PS4. Could it be that they're keeping the fact it might be on the Switch hidden from us...? After all, when Become as Gods edition happened, it was for the Xbox One. Although, I doubt it might actually be NieR that Leakypandy was referring to due to the fact Hideki Kamiya wasn't in the original NieR's credits, but I suppose that can change in a port to the switch. Albeit, this is just wishful thinking.
I just would like to hear your opinions on the matter, whether they be pessimistic/realistic (I could actually use some of those two types, I need my hype and suspicions to be regulated at the moment), or optimistic, or hypothetical.
I want to buy it, but it's LeakyPandy that's selling it. So, no deal for me.

NineS

Smash Lord
There's been rumours about a new Viewtiful Joe as well.
I don't think that Kamiya was involved with NieR though.
Yeah, I touched on that bit.
Although, I doubt it might actually be NieR that Leakypandy was referring to due to the fact Hideki Kamiya wasn't in the original NieR's credits, but I suppose that can change in a port to the switch. Albeit, this is just wishful thinking.
understandable you might've missed it though, i wrote a huge paragraph

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman

The first thing that came to mind for me was a Wonderful 101 port, as Kamiya has been teasing a Switch port for a while. I would also absolutely love it if Nier Automata came to the Switch, but I don't think Kamiya was involved in that project

D

Deleted member

Ok, so, why do you think she is overrated?
For me at least, She's cute, and I like the characters personality.
I’m just exaggerating it for the sake of comedy. Being more serious, I see why people like her but she’s not my cup of tea in terms of characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isabelle and Chrom gonna meet up in the Smash mansion and gossip about Viridi.

Isabelle: I don't even know what her problem is. She's so petty.
Chrom: This is why she's still a costume and not even an assist trophy.
*girlish high school ***** giggles*
New bffs confirmed
there's no such thing as cringe and you are weak

waka waka waka waka
waka waka waka waka

osby

Smash Obsessed
Overrated is not a legitimate term, because you're essentially saying that people like a thing too much because you don't like it as much, and that assumes you believe yourself to be the authority on how much something should be liked.
Actually, overrated and underrated are real terms, otherwise half of the video game journalism wouldn't have legitimate arguments.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

LeakyPandy is the opposite of credible.

That said, rumors of a new Viewtiful Joe, Automata getting a rerelease, Bayonetta 3, the possibility of a Wonderful 101 port...lots of good stuff potentially on the pipeline either way. I feel like they're doing the thing they always do, which is guess based on circumstantial evidence, but it's circumstantial evidence I hope pans out.

I don't think ESRB would hide a platform the game was coming to though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tom Nook in a trenchcoat, sunglasses and a fedora: -slips Viridi some bells in a deserted parking garage- Talk some ****, nature girl.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I see where you’re coming from but I always saw ‘overrated’ as being an entirely opinion-based thing. Like ‘In my opinion, this thing is liked more than it should be’. I’m not sure where the whole authority bit is coming from.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh, I see where you’re coming from but I always saw ‘overrated’ as being an entirely opinion-based thing. Like ‘In my opinion, this thing is liked more than it should be’. I’m not sure where the whole authority bit is coming from.
"Should" part implies authority. Anyway, I think overrated is a fine term to use, as long as you don't expect people to take you seriously.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
It is opinion-based. I guess some people acts like jerks or something.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People don't always show their exact ages. Like how Samus is supposed to be in her twenties or how Pokemon Trainers are apparently 10 or Chrom is somehow 19.
Actually, the only Pokemon trainers that are canonically 10 in the games are the SM and maybe Let's Go trainers. The others are at least in their preteens while the BW(2) and XY trainers are around 16.

D

Deleted member

Actually, the only Pokemon trainers that are canonically 10 in the games are the SM and maybe Let's Go trainers. The others are at least in their preteens while the BW(2) and XY trainers are around 16.
SM trainers are 11
The age you need to be to start the trials

D

Deleted member

If we're talking overrated games, the only two games I consider to be overrated are The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker and Fire Emblem Awakening.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking overrated games, the only two games I consider to be overrated are The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker and Fire Emblem Awakening.
I heard that Sonic Colors was overrated
I ****ing love that game tho

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't have much opinions about overrated games but I wish we could say game like Red & Blue, Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 are showing their ages without being treated like heathens.

D

Deleted member

I don't have much opinions about overrated games but I wish we could say game like Red & Blue, Ocarina of Time or Super Mario 64 are showing their ages without being treated like heathens.
Honestly, i see way more criticism for those games than praise these days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh, I do think OoT and Mario 64 are overrated.

D

Deleted member

This post is 100% my thoughts on the matter as well

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
LeakyPandy is a reliable source of information in that if they something is a thing, then you can say with 100% certainty that it isn't a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom