• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright lads, check out this hot n' ready dlc prediction/wishlist
View attachment 179217

Chocobo
This is less prediction and more wishlist. Everyone gets in a tizzy over Geno or Sora or Slime, you know who no one would be upset about? Chocobo.
Chocobo is like the most precious creature on the planet. i'd play the hell out of a Chocobo and you would too. If you tell me you don't like Chocobo you're lying. Shout out to StellerRJay StellerRJay for making me legit want Chocobo in Smash.

I'd be hella mad at Chocobo, as would most fans of any Square Enix character (Sora, Geno, Erdrick/Slime, Neku, Noctis, Terra, etc.). I'm okay with one generic mook when there's no consequence, but when it costs the inclusion of what could be one of the most hype-inducing characters (be it Geno, Sora, or Erdrick)? Yeah that's a big no from me. It'd take an A+ lineup from there to make me not regret purchasing the Fighters Pass.

The only people I can imagine being happy would be StellerRJay StellerRJay and you I guess.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 179217
Chocobo
This is less prediction and more wishlist. Everyone gets in a tizzy over Geno or Sora or Slime, you know who no one would be upset about? Chocobo.
Chocobo is like the most precious creature on the planet. i'd play the hell out of a Chocobo and you would too. If you tell me you don't like Chocobo you're lying. Shout out to StellerRJay StellerRJay for making me legit want Chocobo in Smash.
I would be a little dissapointed with Chocobo.

(This post comes to you from the PMD Grovyle gang.)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'd be hella mad at Chocobo, as would most fans of any Square Enix character (Sora, Geno, Erdrick/Slime, Neku, Noctis, Terra, etc.). I'm okay with one generic mook when there's no consequence, but when it costs the inclusion of what could be one of the most hype-inducing characters (be it Geno, Sora, or Erdrick)? Yeah that's a big no from me. It'd take an A+ lineup from there to make me not regret purchasing the Fighters Pass.

The only people I can imagine being happy would be StellerRJay StellerRJay and you I guess.
But...but he a birb
b94c41b0f84c.gif

PF9

Smash Lord
Pikachu, one of Ultimate's 8 starter characters (and one of the "Original Starting 8" as well as one of the "Original 12" from Smash 64) once again had a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the only Smash Bros. character that has been in the parade every year for the last 18 years (his debut in the parade came just before Melee came out).

Another bit of trivia in regards to Ultimate. EarthBound is the only universe represented in the Original 12 to have multiple characters in Ultimate and still have none of them be starter characters.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
All that Chocobo talk...

Guys, we don't need an Echo, we already have a chocobo ---> :ultcloud:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
Wait a second Fatal Frame got an Assist Trophy which is a franchise owned by Tecmo. Could it possible they added it because they have been negiotating with Tecco about a Third Party Rep in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

EarthBound is the only universe represented in the Original 12 to have multiple characters in Ultimate and still have none of them be starter characters.
Lucas is starter in Brawl.

EDIT: Misunderstood.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I would be happy too.
So make that three at the moment.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 179217

Gen 8 Pokemon
Dread it. Run from it. Pokemon always comes. Pokemon's first new generation on the switch is on it's way and will probably be announced by next February with a release date of next November. A promotional pick i'm pretty sure will happen. I'm always down for more Pokemon so this is fine with me.

Crash
I feel pretty good about this one. Don't know why, I just do.

Chocobo

Edelgard
Much like Corrin and a Gen 8 Pokemon, I think this'll be another promotional pick for Three Houses. She's not another sword user so she's cool with me.

Steve
Minecraft is coming to Smash, and I welcome it. Minecraft is an absolute behemoth and Steve could have a pretty cool moveset. I used to not like the idea but y'know what? Minecraft is rad.

Honorable mention to Euden and Rhythm Heaven.
Almost my exact predictions... aside from chocobo

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Propenents of the box theory were only ever in it for gloating rights later. Let him reap his spoils.
False.

I was a proponent of Box Theory for the sake of preventing hopes and expectations from getting too high only to crash down, similar to Sm4sh and Brawl. Many of the other box theory proponents such as Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones and vaanrose vaanrose among others did so for similar reasons. We didn't want to be right, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Look at how well that turned out.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You mean like Falco or the Duck in Duck Hunt Duo? Or even Ridley, who is a bird-like reptile?

We have enough birds.
Not a bird, a birb. A tiny little feather friend.

I don't really think everyone would love Chocobo, i'm just so over this square rep thing I wanna see the world burn.
I still legit want Chocobo
Pikachu, one of Ultimate's 8 starter characters (and one of the "Original Starting 8" as well as one of the "Original 12" from Smash 64) once again had a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the only Smash Bros. character that has been in the parade every year for the last 18 years (his debut in the parade came just before Melee came out).

Another bit of trivia in regards to Ultimate. EarthBound is the only universe represented in the Original 12 to have multiple characters in Ultimate and still have none of them be starter characters.
As it should be.
Pokemon continues to reign supreme.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Propenents of the box theory were only ever in it for gloating rights later. Let him reap his spoils.
See, I have to live the rest of my life looking back on Ultimate hype and knowing the most boring theory imaginable was right and I was wrong. I'd like to BELIEVE I'll just forget about it in ten years but I know I won't. I didn't forget about all the stupid **** that happened pre-Sm4sh release. I know it sounds stupid cause ultimately the theory being right means nothing in the long term, but hey, it's the little things that get to you over time. God knows I know about that.
Having really good memory sucks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really doubt the idea of freaking Mario not getting a balloon there.

D

Deleted member

I'ma big Crono/Celes/Cecil/Octopath stan but I'd love Chocobo considering it's such a recurring creature in FF games that anyone who has ever played one of them will recognize. Though to be honest, I really just want SOMETHING from the NES/SNES era, I find it really ****ing stupid that FF is solely represented by a game mostly associated with Sony in a Nintendo crossover. It's just a huge middle finger to any fans of the classic era.
Chocobo at least fills that void of NES/SNES non-representation
Ridley, who is a bird-like reptile
Yeah, we don't talk about that
We have enough birds.
Oh my ****ing god not this **** again

D

Deleted member

Are you kidding me!?

Mario, Mr.Videogame in person... Hasn’t gotten a Thanksgiving day balloon at the parade to this day!?

I highly doubt that.

DaybreakHorizon

Beauty in the Chaos
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I would be happy too.
So make that three at the moment.
Well then all three of you would be happy.

I'm sure there'd be a pool of people who would be happy or okay with the inclusion, but the Geno fanbase is already set to revolt if Geno doesn't get in, and the large Reddit Smash poll showed that people who voted for Sora were more likely to vote against the character that beat him, showing that they're vindictive. Chocobo getting in over another SE rep would cause more discord than Piranha Plant. I guarantee it.

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Well then all three of you would be happy.

I'm sure there'd be a pool of people who would be happy or okay with the inclusion, but the Geno fanbase is already set to revolt if Geno doesn't get in, and the large Reddit Smash poll showed that people who voted for Sora were more likely to vote against the character that beat him, showing a certain vindictiveness. Chocobo getting in over another SE rep would cause more discord than Piranha Plant. I guarantee it.
B-but vocal minorities though!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1065455827975397376
I like how everyone got angry at me for my bait about harassing and gloating to people who believed in the Grinch leak but then when the guy who came up with the box theory does it no one cares
Because nobody's bought it up before you because this dude isn't relevant
Turns out, both of you can be in the wrong. I thought we had a conversation about having a good long think before you speak???

Also this isn't even mean spirited it's just a quality laugh

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll explain my picks too.

smash wishlist.png

Neku - He's got the relevancy. He's got the marketing. He's got killer music. He's been primarily on Nintendo systems aside from mobile ports. Is he super likely? I have no idea, I just want him badly. TWEWY is a masterpiece and I need it in Smash.

Tibby - Rhythm Heaven had a planned character in Smash 4. I don't know why Sakurai would then leave this series in the dust in Ultimate. Rhythm Heaven Megamix came out around when Ultimate was finalized, and Rhythm Heaven is pretty well known in Japan. I'd go as far as to say Rhythm Heaven is the most popular First Party not yet represented above Spirits and Music in Smash.

Crash - He's big. He'd definitely bring people in. Nintendo and Activision have been on good terms, and Nintendo's even let their own characters into Activision's games, so it wouldn't be strange to see Activision to the same.

Doomguy - Doom is one of the granddaddys of the FPS genre. Doom's had many games on Nintendo systems, and not only has Bethesda been really supportive of the Switch with Doom especially, but they also have talked with Nintendo about Smash before according to Pete Hines. Realistic guns aren't a problem has he has many sci-fi looking ones too, as well as the fact that he could use his own fists as well.

Sylux - This I'm the least sure of. It depends on the assumption that Sylux will be the big bad of Prime 4 (which I also personally think). Nintendo may want to market Metroid Prime 4 as it's been very hyped up with no info above a logo so far. What better way then to put the main antagonist in Smash Bros? I also don't know how accurate this is, but apparently somebody pointed out that 5 of Dark Samus' alts are based on the hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters. All except Sylux.

I'd be pretty damn lucky if all 5 of these happened, but even if I just got one or 2 of these guys I'd be very happy.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero

@Alastor017

Remember when I said the event would start on the 23rd? Well, it's that in Japan, so we're going to have it at 9 (less than 4 hours)! Get ready, people.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Because nobody's bought it up before you because this dude isn't relevant
Turns out, both of you can be in the wrong. I thought we had a conversation about having a good long think before you speak???

Also this isn't even mean spirited it's just a quality laugh
But the guy is relevant because he basically began the ****storm that was the final few months of speculation for Ultimate.
And you're right, but it still makes me feel kinda bad.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But the guy is relevant because he basically began the ****storm that was the final few months of speculation for Ultimate.
And you're right, but it still makes me feel kinda bad.
It's been 22 days since box was confirmed dude lol why would we still be discussing it
And I mean...don't know what to tell you man

D

Deleted member

I am shocked.

Mario doesn’t have a Thanksgiving balloon at the parade... And never did.

Why?
Why Mario of all the videogame characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom